make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday January 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Abcess in Frog

Abcess in Frog 06 Dec 2011 05:41 #1

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Last week I set shoes and pads on a 1 1/2 year old paint as per vet due to very thin soles. Yesterday I was to the barn and the horse had been very lame on the left front. I pulled the shoe and pad. I started inspecting the frog and had a lot of yellow/red **** begin to come out from all different areas. This pic is just after I pulled the shoe.

http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=193&pictureid=5729
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Abcess in Frog 06 Dec 2011 05:45 #2

• beslagsmed
  • Master
These next two are after I re-applied the shoe after talking with the vet. After the horse began to stand on it, more infection began to come out.

http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=193&pictureid=5731

http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=193&pictureid=5730

First time I have seen an abcess under the frog. I also took a video and posted at the following link:http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1560065196

At the very beginning of the video, you can see infection coming out as I push on the back of the frog.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Abcess in Frog 06 Dec 2011 13:41 #3

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
I guess it wasn't "thin soles" after all; just that abcess brewing. Did they throw you under the bus for causing the abcess?

RE:Abcess in Frog 06 Dec 2011 15:48 #4

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
brian robertson wrote:
I guess it wasn't "thin soles" after all; just that abcess brewing. Did they throw you under the bus for causing the abcess?
I was thinking the same thing. Did the vet use an x-ray to determine thin soles(my bet is that s/he didn't)? Is the horse sore/lame on the other front too?

Absent a puncture wound,I don't often see abscesses that are confined to the frog. You may well find that the sole itself has an abscess pocket that vented from under the frog. If there is continuing drainage/lameness, you may want to consider a hospital plate amended to the shoe.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Abcess in Frog 06 Dec 2011 16:45 #5

• beslagsmed
  • Master
brian robertson wrote:

No they didn't. When I put the shoes on, the horse was on drugs, so when the barn manager told me the horse was lame, the first thought was a bad nail, because the horse had gone good for 2 days, but when I pulled the shoe, no problems on my end.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Abcess in Frog 06 Dec 2011 16:48 #6

• beslagsmed
  • Master
Mine in red

Rick Burten wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. Did the vet use an x-ray to determine thin soles(my bet is that s/he didn't)? Is the horse sore/lame on the other front too?

I was told there were x-rays showing the thin soles, but I never saw them. I am also told I will get them e-mailed to me.

Absent a puncture wound,I don't often see abscesses that are confined to the frog. You may well find that the sole itself has an abscess pocket that vented from under the frog. If there is continuing drainage/lameness, you may want to consider a hospital plate amended to the shoe.

Right now the vet wanted it open. I do have a piece of alum in the van for hospital plates is needed. I am up there about every 7 days, so I'll see.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Abcess in Frog 06 Dec 2011 22:31 #7

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I would sedate the horse.Neuroblocking the pastern and put a Esmarch bandage (With the vet,of course).I'd sharpen my ring knife and I'd cut all the frog.I'd fix a straigth bar shoe wit hospital pad and apply metronidazol and benzoil peroxide.

Mikel,I have an ask for you. I can see in your album facebook a case of keratoma.You put a shoe with four clips.What's the reason for put clips in the heels in that case?
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Abcess in Frog 07 Dec 2011 03:03 #8

• beslagsmed
  • Master
Gabino wrote:
I would sedate the horse.Neuroblocking the pastern and put a Esmarch bandage (With the vet,of course).I'd sharpen my ring knife and I'd cut all the frog.I'd fix a straigth bar shoe wit hospital pad and apply metronidazol and benzoil peroxide.

Mikel,I have an ask for you. I can see in your album facebook a case of keratoma.You put a shoe with four clips.What's the reason for put clips in the heels in that case?

Yes. The shoe was applied before the vet operated on the hoof to remove the keratoma. 4 clips were used to support the horn wall.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Abcess in Frog 07 Dec 2011 03:39 #9

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
I would do a really good foot soak, then clean it up and wrap it for a day or two , use Today for a week and Dursole after that...
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Abcess in Frog 07 Dec 2011 14:48 #10

• cynthia-jay
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
we just had an abcess located under the frog/bar here

It was a puncture wound from a small rock I dug out and the horse was in a founder stance from being fed too much grain

he is 27 years old and can't eat the hay they had

so I had the owners put him on 2nd cutting soft grass and he can eat that

we soaked the hoof in epsom salts and betadine then wrapped it with sugardine and the horse was fine in 2 days

then left it wrapped for a week and used just the betadine on the spot and he is just fine

I am betting it is/was a small puncture wound or a bruise of some kind

see how it goes but that's what we did

Cynthia
Cynthia Jay
Horseshoer
P.F.E.
shoot first, ask questions later, dead men tell no tails, nor do they tie up the legal system or jails
Ray Jay
The Last of the Mohicans

Kid Rock - Warrior (Lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHzSBEVbXtM
[url]...

RE:Abcess in Frog 07 Dec 2011 16:22 #11

• beslagsmed
  • Master
Gary Hill wrote:
I would do a really good foot soak, then clean it up and wrap it for a day or two , use Today for a week and Dursole after that...

Got'em doing the Epsoms salt thing twice a day.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Abcess in Frog 07 Dec 2011 21:24 #12

• mwmyersdvm
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I am always concerned with these type of draining tracts in the hoof. This is especially true in older horses like the 27 year old in the thread. Focal laminitic events often cause these and these may progress to more inclusive laminitis if not handled.

M. W. Myers, DVM

RE:Abcess in Frog 08 Dec 2011 03:41 #13

• cynthia-jay
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Dr. Myers;

we changed the hay and the grain to Equine sr. and a mix of minature horse and pony feed (low starch and low sugar 13% protein, high fat) from a sweet mix of 12% and sr.

the horse is gaining weight and looking better, but is low grade laminitic evident from retained sole as well which combined with the rock could have caused this abcess

or from the laminitis according to the location

and I feel they should drop the pony feed and just use the Equine sr

or drop the sr and use the pony feed

feed the 2nd cutting grass hay since he can eat it

could you please advise on what you would do?

thank you,

Cynthia
Cynthia Jay
Horseshoer
P.F.E.
shoot first, ask questions later, dead men tell no tails, nor do they tie up the legal system or jails
Ray Jay
The Last of the Mohicans

Kid Rock - Warrior (Lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHzSBEVbXtM
[url]...

RE:Abcess in Frog 09 Dec 2011 13:36 #14

• DeniseMc
  • Thank you received: 9
Is that a crack I see?
Attachments:

RE:Abcess in Frog 14 Dec 2011 17:05 #15

• beslagsmed
  • Master
DeniseMc wrote:
Is that a crack I see?

Denise,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I was to the barn today, so I double checked the hoof - no it is not a crack. I don't know what's on the pic, but my inspection today turned up no crack.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

• Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• brianriggs birthday is today
  • canditemby birthday is today
  • cwlindauer birthday is today
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is today
  • lonestar birthday is today
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is today
  • alminc11 birthday is in 1 day
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 1 day
  • skelemen birthday is in 1 day
  • hoofdoc28 birthday is in 364 days
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is in 364 days
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.