make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday August 8, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Maintaining a healthy foot

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 30 Nov 2011 11:35 #16

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Phil Armitage wrote:
. . . Was very difficult at first but worth all the effort and frustration.
I just gotta know, when you sing "My Way," is it the Elvis Presley version or the Frank Sinatra version? :confused: :D
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 01 Dec 2011 10:57 #17

• Rachael Kane
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Or maybe the *** pistols? :D
Rachael :)
CF

'Motivation gets you going, discipline keeps you going.' (Jim Ryan).

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 02 Dec 2011 12:03 #18

Tom, probably the Elvis version, he is the king.

So anyways, thought I would get this back on topic. It is pretty cool what is available off the shelf and the amount of information available on the internet, however there is a down side to it. Hooking up with farriers that have excellent trimming, hoof prep and forging skills is well worth the time and effort.

Several horses that I have done for a few years that I considered had poor hoof quality have improved without the need for pads, frog support or efforts to map out the feet. Problem was me not the feet, I needed to learn more and as I learn more I now realize how much more I need to learn and improve. Probably why I love this job so much, constantly challenges me.

Here I am at a clinic/competition in Vermont. Learned a lot that weekend. Clinician was Chris Gregory. He jumped right in and pointed out my posture, posistion at the anvil, how to use the horn, tongs great clinic. Did a lot of forging that weekend. This picture shows me some bad habits i have.

Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 06 Dec 2011 01:06 #19

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
  • Thank you received: 13
tbloomer wrote:
IMO AFA cert. is something one should consider very early in the journey - like the first year before establishing "habits."

Mr. Bloomer,
Thank you so much for saying this. I have been discouraged for "getting ahead of myself" and looking towards CF after only a few months on the job as an apprentice. I was accused of being "lofty" or a "day dreamer". I feel, much like what I think you mean to imply; that the CF designation is a solid point of standardization from which to begin. I will be one of only a small handful of people in Nova Scotia to "bother" pursuing certification. In our small industry, the client really doesn't know any better, and don't care if their farrier has half the alphabet after their name or if they learned from so and so who learned from his father's neighbour's gardener. If the horse is "sound" (in quotes because soundness is entirely subjective here), they look only at the cost.

I have the opportunity to do this for myself, with an entire clientele to grow with and an excellent mentor to help me out. I have Doug Butler's P2, just ordered Gregory's text (thanks Steve), and have copies of the Blombach (sp) prep manual and Dusty Franklin's "Let's Get Practical". I hope that those resources, along with 30+ horses to get under a week, will have me prepared to start the certification process within a year or so. I am hoping to go to Danny Ward's early in the new year, and keep hoping Smitty will take me up on my offer to sweep his shop in exchange for watching him at the forge (haha).

Again, thanks for redeeming my train of thought.

To the OP: While I cannot speak from experience (as I am a still-wet-behind-the-ears apprentice), my mentor has told me several times that my drive to learn and become better has reignited his will to become better and DO better. He keeps mentioning that he may just have to do his CF with me, despite having 20+ years on the job and some of the best teachers around (Danny Ward, Vince Whalen) and a full client book of people who couldn't care less what letters follow his name. He said today, as I clinched and finished a foot- "I can see a difference in MY work since you have been on with me. You jump started my give-a-po*op. Thanks kid. And, for a girl, you're doing a pretty good job." :rolleyes: (He made sure to add afterwards that he just said the "for a girl" part to poke fun, and that I was showing great promise.)

All of what I am saying above boils down to:

Sometimes it takes a TANGIBLE goal (CF, CJF, an endorsement, shoeing competition, over-eager apprentice :o etc) to make anyone, in any career, jump start their passion to do what they do again. Whatever means you choose to do this for yourself, good on you.
Alexandra Rowsell

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 06 Dec 2011 01:26 #20

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Rachael Kane wrote:
Or maybe the *** pistols? :D

You must have been as misguided as me in your younger days Rach. :D

When I'm in the mood I still love 'em. :cool:
Ant.

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 06 Dec 2011 02:01 #21

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
30 horses aweek aint a bad business for a newbie!! Glad you are serious about your path..Good Luck!!:D
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 06 Dec 2011 02:31 #22

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
Gary- Those are not mine alone, they are just the ones of my mentor that I get to get under. There are a few on my journeyman's books that I can't really play around with much in my early learning stages (a couple serious therapeutic cases, 3 "sensitive horses" that only he can do, and even then only very carefully, and then a few clients that will not allow anyone to touch their horses but Paul). I remind myself every day, as I shred my hands and sweat my arse off, how lucky I am. Bruce Matthews told me when I started to keep that in mind. My mentor is holding nothing back in teaching me; he is building me to replace him when the time comes that he wants to take a day off here and there. I am so, so lucky. Not a single freezing cold, wet, dirty early morning comes when I don't wake up and grin that I get to go to work today. I hope I can keep this feeling.

Thanks again FHRC and its members for the support and kind words. :D
Alexandra Rowsell

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 06 Dec 2011 02:57 #23

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
I have a gut feeling you will make a mark in this business with your attitude!! Good for you, best of Luck!!:D
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 06 Dec 2011 15:20 #24

• tbloomer
  • Master
Aleroinc wrote:
Mr. Bloomer,
Thank you so much for saying this. I have been discouraged for "getting ahead of myself" and looking towards CF after only a few months on the job as an apprentice.
I learned a long time ago NOT to allow others to impose their personal learning curve or career choices on me. I completed my CF 10 months out of school. It was a self imposed "business requirement."

I suppose a few farriers may have attempted to discourage me from pursueing certification, but as a beginner I wasn't very inclined to "look up to" or associate with those particular individuals.
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 06 Dec 2011 20:59 #25

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Phil
Ive been on here about as long as you olson i think so Ive seen you top the poster list as you were always asking for or giving opinions or showing your work
right or wrong you got in and had a serious go , copped a lot of flack along the way
you gave as good as you go but I don't ever remember you getting realy nasty even when your jobs were slammed
I think you to be a decent sorta bloke and you've obviously put a lot of time n effort into your learning I wish I could read lean n comprehend like you n some of the others on here , Ive had trouble with it all my life just seem to make me sleepy :confused::p
I think what you say here is right and Im glad your happy with your continuing improvements
I feel Ive stagnated since the association closed some years back
There are a couple of young fellers down here that are keen to get the Farriers association up n running again in the new year I do so very much this happened
I don't care how old you are n how much you know , I can learn from you we can learn from eachother , learn togeather
Its a unique fellow who can do it on his own
I used to get around thinking I was as flash as a rat with a gold tooth
horses n horse people are great levelers of men n the longer a good man is around them the steadier they usually become , humillity just one of the gifts
good on you
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 07 Dec 2011 05:32 #26

Red, I have learned a lot from you. Always enjoy reading your posts, wisdom and experience. Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot coming from you.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 07 Dec 2011 14:02 #27

Red Amor wrote:
Phil
...horses n horse people are great levelers of men n the longer a good man is around them the steadier they usually become , humillity just one of the gifts...

very true Red
Justin Richardson

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 08 Dec 2011 20:18 #28

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
Phil Armitage wrote:
As time goes on and I gain more experience and skills my views on this trade change. How I did things a couple of years ago was Ok, but no where near the results that I see now. The biggest change came from what I had to learn to achieve my AFA Cert. The learning does not stop and the improvement continues.

You must remember this. A kiss is just a kiss,a sigh is just a sigh. The fundamental things apply. As time goes by...
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 09 Dec 2011 11:45 #29

• tbloomer
  • Master
Gabino wrote:
You must remember this. A kiss is just a kiss,a sigh is just a sigh. The fundamental things apply. As time goes by...
If I were you I wouldn't kiss Phil until he shaves his beard. :eek:
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Maintaining a healthy foot 09 Dec 2011 22:23 #30

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
LOL !! I appreciate all the comments,pics and advices of Phil, but I'm not keen to kiss his beard...
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

Kunena Birthday Module

• Anthony_Lawrence birthday is today
  • AnzaCowgirl birthday is today
  • Policicchio birthday is today
  • Reyvin_Wolf birthday is today
  • William Thomason birthday is in 1 day
  • colleent birthday is in 363 days
  • JamieMerklin2EFA birthday is in 363 days
  • tailskidwest birthday is in 363 days
  • Bubba Love birthday is in 364 days
  • John Barney birthday is in 364 days
  • Nicoperd birthday is in 364 days
  • Purplexed birthday is in 364 days
  • ZeroTurboCharge birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.