make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday August 13, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rockers on a low pa

RE:Rockers on a low pa 10 Sep 2011 02:26 #31

• cuttinshoer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Austin the one thing that I don't like is the amount of toe hanging over the shoe. Pretty close to blood there. It would be interesting to see what the area above the extensor process looks like in a few weeks.
Justin Decker

"As I see it, good enough is never good enough, it's just an excuse for mediocrity. If every shoeing ain't worth your best shot, you're just going through the motions." Tom Stovall, CJF
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockers on a low pa 10 Sep 2011 02:27 #32

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Not how I saw the thread going, but if you say that adding leverage to the toe of a limping horse can prevent it from limping, I would think that statement widens the scope of the conversation a bit. The thread is going a bit downhill so I guess we shouldn't chase that rabbit much further.
Rick Talbert

RE:Rockers on a low pa 10 Sep 2011 02:53 #33

• Eric Russell
  • Thank you received: 19
Charlie Piccione wrote:
1. Ron's post has the horse balanced on center, hoof is equaly weighted via shoe and gravity. IMO

Center of what?
2. Normal break over is the transfer of weight from heel to rolling off the toe. The back of this hoof is not weight bearing neither from the shoe nor gravity. IMO How can it be weight bearing?

Breakover is dynamic. Weight bearing is static. What are you talking about?
3. I can't see how the heel could come into play unless the CB went way negative and that would really blow the original intent of the OP.
It looks to me as though the shoe has caused the horse to stand fully weighted on the toe and just behind or just under the tip of the coffin bone. There is nothing Normal about that.

I don't know what you mean by the heel coming into play so I can't comment. Just because the toe is touching the ground doesn't mean the rest of the foot isn't loaded does it?

RE:Rockers on a low pa 10 Sep 2011 03:31 #34

Eric Russell wrote:

Center of what?

Breakover is dynamic. Weight bearing is static. What are you talking about?

I don't know what you mean by the heel coming into play so I can't comment. Just because the toe is touching the ground doesn't mean the rest of the foot isn't loaded does it?

Have you looked at the pictures that were uploaded? If so maybe you can shed some light on how these two differant jobs are alike in function or differant from each other. How ever you see it. I would really like to know what you think about them. How they can be useful to the horse and for what reasons.
And no, IMO the OP shoeing is not weighting the heels, at all. I can stick my toe under that and feel comfortable about doing so. Looks like statically he can not put weight on the heel, just MO.
Charlie Piccione Sr.
Washington, NJ.

RE:Rockers on a low pa 10 Sep 2011 03:41 #35

• Eric Russell
Charlie Piccione wrote:

Have you looked at the pictures that were uploaded? If so maybe you can shed some light on how these two differant jobs are alike in function or differant from each other. How ever you see it. I would really like to know what you think about them. How they can be useful to the horse and for what reasons.

I commented on your post. If I had a comment on the first post I'd comment.
And no, IMO the OP shoeing is not weighting the heels, at all. I can stick my toe under that and feel comfortable about doing so. Looks like statically he can not put weight on the heel, just MO.

You can stick your toe under it therefore it's not weight bearing? Do you have any idea where the bone is inside that hoof capsule? Do you really shoe horses? Who have you worked for?

RE:Rockers on a low pa 10 Sep 2011 06:12 #36

texfarrier wrote:
so do you think the horse i shod needs a bigger shoe?....also your saying to use a wedge to protect if the hoof decides to rock back?..thanks ron

On a level/flat/regular type of shoe, you'd need to bring back break over by placing the toe way back. Save for a really thick shoe and a whole lot of feathering :rolleyes: the foot will stick over the shoe. That is not really necessary. I'm not against having feet stick out in front, as long as the 50/50 division between support and breakover is met, but a banana does allow you to protect the toe more and still have a breakover where you need it.

A banana allows rocking forward, but rocking backward as well. Where this may be a good thing I always worried about overdoing it. You know a foot that hits the ground in any perculiar way and kind of "snapping" backward. For that reason I use a wedge and preferably a bar shoe on my banana's

Ronald Aalders

RE:Rockers on a low pa 10 Sep 2011 06:16 #37

Eric Russell wrote:
In the second pic, with the arrows going up and down at the feltock, what do they mean? Rooney has an article on this website explaining there is a moment at all joints redirecting force.

Forget about those arrows, that was just a quick explanation to a customer about the some of the forces at play in a laminitic case.

Ronald Aalders

RE:Rockers on a low pa 10 Sep 2011 17:19 #38

• texfarrier
i got to thinking and the one thing i will change on the next set is a bigger shoe to cover more toe...thanks everyone for your input
Austin Russell
"Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

RE:Rockers on a low pa 15 Sep 2011 03:20 #39

• Mp__4659
  • Contributing Member
Am i the only one who thinks of this shoeing as totally unacceptable?

Mp__4659
Mike Phillips

RE:Rockers on a low pa 15 Sep 2011 10:59 #40

Mp__4659 wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks of this shoeing as totally unacceptable?

Mp__4659
Mike Phillips

A lot of people find it hard to understand if that's what you mean. If you think it should be banned you need to consider the horses that I for one helped out using this protocol, where other ways of shoeing failed. Not saying there wouldn't have been any other type of shoeing that might have helped those horses, but the banana shoes sure came through, repeatedly.

Ronald Aalders

RE:Rockers on a low pa 15 Sep 2011 12:14 #41

• Mp__4659
  • Contributing Member
Nope...nothing to do with the bananna shoe itself, while I personally don't subscribe to that school of thought I keep an open mind :). In this case I'm referring to the actual shoeing...shoe size, fit, finish, etc.

Mp__4659
mike Phillips

RE:Rockers on a low pa 15 Sep 2011 20:49 #42

• texfarrier
Mp__4659 wrote:
Nope...nothing to do with the bananna shoe itself, while I personally don't subscribe to that school of thought I keep an open mind :). In this case I'm referring to the actual shoeing...shoe size, fit, finish, etc.

Mp__4659
mike Phillips

shoe could be one size bigger but will not hurt anything.what do you think is wrong with the fit or finish ?
Austin Russell

RE:Rockers on a low pa 16 Sep 2011 00:10 #43

• Eric Russell
texfarrier wrote:
shoe could be one size bigger but will not hurt anything.what do you think is wrong with the fit or finish ?

Maybe I missed it, what was your goal on this job?

You showed an old shoeing job which was overgrowing at the heels and severely out in front. I would've expected to see some shots after you trimmed and dressed the foot to see why you thought this horse needed this shoe. With this type of shoe, the before shots really don't show anything.

RE:Rockers on a low pa 16 Sep 2011 00:53 #44

• texfarrier
Eric Russell wrote:
Maybe I missed it, what was your goal on this job?

You showed an old shoeing job which was overgrowing at the heels and severely out in front. I would've expected to see some shots after you trimmed and dressed the foot to see why you thought this horse needed this shoe. With this type of shoe, the before shots really don't show anything.

well the before shots do show how far out in front the hooves are and a low pa especially for a horse that has navicular issues and the pa would have changed very little from just trimming...so to answer your question why i put a rocker on him is so i could increase his pa and decrease breakover effort witch will in effect help with ddft tension..and ill start taking pics after i trim too..how would you have shod him?
Austin Russell

Kunena Birthday Module

• Appaloosa_64 birthday is today
  • Leonel WhitsittF509 birthday is today
  • MichaelBeckerF992 birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is in 363 days
  • jrandolph birthday is in 363 days
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is in 363 days
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 364 days
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 364 days
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 364 days
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.