make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday January 24, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: pacing tennessee walker

pacing tennessee walker 18 Aug 2011 17:51 #1

• ctlngrdr
I shoe a TW that paces but the customer would like to get the horse to rack .
The horse has flat front hooves and the hind legs are sickle hocked . I shoed the front end by backing up the toe and putting on a shoe with a minor roll in the toe and calked heels . I set toes back on the hind to try and help with the sickle hock conformation .
This was an ex show horse and is not built like other TW horses that I shoe.
Any ideas ?
Jeff Kozerefski
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:pacing tennessee walker 18 Aug 2011 18:25 #2

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Joey and mike prob will be better to help ya on this one......but if it where me I would not set back off the toe..I would shoe full and use a toe clip..and put a very light rim shoe on hind or even alum....but truthfully I have seen show horses that wore the package and come out trying to be a trail horse and imho sometimes if that's the case no matter what was done they still paced they azz off...
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:pacing tennessee walker 18 Aug 2011 22:36 #3

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
If the horse is low in the withers you haven't got a prayer of getting him to gait unless you put him back in a package. If he's even height, withers and croup 3/8"x1" with turned heels no roll+ shod light behind or bare should do it. If he's withers high plain shoes and riding lessons will do it.

RE:pacing tennessee walker 18 Aug 2011 22:51 #4

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
If he's pacing hard and the owners can't ride there's not much hope.

But, considering what Brian said, a heavy shoe like a 10mm SSP in front, and a light caulked shoe behind is how I like to go for one that's a little pacey. I actually turn most of my shoes by hand and will go with a 3/8" x 1" plain stamp for the front (no caulks) and 5/16" x 3/4" with some kind of caulk behind. (I've been making a lot of c/w shoes for these guys lately, and they seem to work pretty good)

I also fit the fronts full to the toe, and, if need be, either square or rocker the hind toes.

You said the front feet are flat, are they upright feet, or more of a low heel type foot?

If the horse is going to show, you need to find out your restrictions for the divisions they're showing in. Trail Pleasure horses (and NWHA lite shod) are restricted to a 3/8" x 3/4" shoe.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:pacing tennessee walker 19 Aug 2011 15:17 #5

• C Miller
Joey Aczon wrote:
If he's pacing hard and the owners can't ride there's not much hope.

But, considering what Brian said, a heavy shoe like a 10mm SSP in front, and a light caulked shoe behind is how I like to go for one that's a little pacey. I actually turn most of my shoes by hand and will go with a 3/8" x 1" plain stamp for the front (no caulks) and 5/16" x 3/4" with some kind of caulk behind. (I've been making a lot of c/w shoes for these guys lately, and they seem to work pretty good)

I also fit the fronts full to the toe, and, if need be, either square or rocker the hind toes.

You said the front feet are flat, are they upright feet, or more of a low heel type foot?

If the horse is going to show, you need to find out your restrictions for the divisions they're showing in. Trail Pleasure horses (and NWHA lite shod) are restricted to a 3/8" x 3/4" shoe.

When you build shoes for these trail/light shod horses are you making a toe weight at all or are they even weighted?
Cory Miller
slow is smooth, smooth is fast

RE:pacing tennessee walker 19 Aug 2011 17:29 #6

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
C Miller wrote:
When you build shoes for these trail/light shod horses are you making a toe weight at all or are they even weighted?

I don't use a toe weight unless they're really trappy, and the ones that pace are almost never trappy. The ones that trot are more likely to get a toe weight IME. In fact, come to think of it, all the horses I have in toe weights are the ones that are more inclined to trot.
Joey Aczon

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:pacing tennessee walker 20 Aug 2011 01:18 #7

• ctlngrdr
Thank you for the great replies . The trainer can get the horse to gait but has to work hard at it and knows the owner wont be able to do it . The horse is not going to be showing just trail riding . I will try some of the options posted .
Another question
This horse has has nice hind hooves , great shape and depth , no sheared heels . Though the central culcus of the frogs is open and sensitive . They dont seem thrushy , and I have not been able to get the frogs to heal . The horse is turned out in descent paddocks and stall is cleaned daily .
Is there anything I should know about with ex show horse's frogs ?

Thank you for the responses .
Jeff Kozerefski

RE:pacing tennessee walker 20 Aug 2011 01:51 #8

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
Are the hinds bull nosed? NPA hinds are common in walkers, might be a more serious underlying issue.

If you have a walker with sore feet/legs behind you're gonna have a hell of a time getting them to work right and stop pacing. I'd make getting those hind feet sound a priority.
Joey Aczon

RE:pacing tennessee walker 21 Aug 2011 15:09 #9

• brian robertson
  • Master
Grab a hold of those heels and see if you can move them independantly,with your hands. If so, those heels have sheared. Straight bar shoes with a large frog plate or small heart bars will hold those feet together and allow that split to grow out. Some can later be weaned from the bars after a new foot grows in; some others will re shear without the bars.

RE:pacing tennessee walker 06 Oct 2011 22:25 #10

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
  • email: kseminolewind@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 6
Travis Reed wrote:
Joey and mike prob will be better to help ya on this one......but if it where me I would not set back off the toe..I would shoe full and use a toe clip..and put a very light rim shoe on hind or even alum....but truthfully I have seen show horses that wore the package and come out trying to be a trail horse and imho sometimes if that's the case no matter what was done they still paced they azz off...

Yes they need their toes.

There's only one way to stop the pacing-don't let them
Karen Fletcher
still trying to get it right

RE:pacing tennessee walker 07 Oct 2011 00:02 #11

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
You've indicated that the is a former show horse. What division? How was he shod? What was his show record? Shown by professional or trainer?
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:pacing tennessee walker 17 Oct 2011 14:39 #12

• ctlngrdr
thank everyone for the suggestions , I'm finally getting back on here, I have shod the horse a few weeks ago . The trainer said it was better but no miracle .
Jeff Kozerefski

RE:pacing tennessee walker 17 Oct 2011 21:55 #13

• brian robertson
  • Master
So, what did you do?

RE:pacing tennessee walker 20 Oct 2011 01:49 #14

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 3
In addition to the shoeing, I have worked with pacey horse. I have found best results training in a collected canter with lateral flexation. To move over at the shoulders, hips and backing. The owner will have to ride with contact when gaiting. Training a Pacer to Gait takes a tremendous amount of work. Not just the shoeing. Good Luck!
Derek Grimwood, CF
Grimwood's Farrier Service

Kunena Birthday Module

• alminc11 birthday is today
  • DABELL24 birthday is today
  • skelemen birthday is today
  • capvieterB8F2 birthday is in 1 day
  • mountaintrailrider birthday is in 1 day
  • sean_the_shoer birthday is in 1 day
  • sweetbranchforge birthday is in 1 day
  • technologie2A68 birthday is in 1 day
  • zaplwiecowiec8 birthday is in 1 day
  • Antionette birthday is in 2 days
  • Awilda Buentello7D5B birthday is in 2 days
  • bennyjoe@shoeforyou.com birthday is in 2 days
  • Mike Wells birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.