make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rockerbar Progress

RE:Rockerbar Progress 06 Aug 2011 18:36 #16

  • chris bunting
  • chris bunting's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 1468
  • Thank you received: 9
  • Karma: 5
when appling a rockerbar where should the rocker be ?
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 06 Aug 2011 18:52 #17

  • texfarrier
  • texfarrier's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 258
  • Karma: 0
chris bunting wrote:
when appling a rockerbar where should the rocker be ?
chris

i like to but it just a little behind COA....that way in 4-6 weeks when the hoof is long it has not moved the rocker in front of the COA..if that happens then the foot is rocking back..not good
Austin Russell
"Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 06 Aug 2011 19:11 #18

  • chris bunting
  • chris bunting's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 1468
  • Thank you received: 9
  • Karma: 5
how many of you have applied a rocker/bar shoe ? and how many of you can forge one ? i know several can , but i reckon those that can make them have not needed to apply them , and as usual those that cannot make them have the most experience using them . strange life isnt it ?
common sense is not needed when you have rules
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 06 Aug 2011 21:03 #19

  • Mike Ferrara
  • Mike Ferrara's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 5057
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
chris bunting wrote:
how many of you have applied a rocker/bar shoe ? and how many of you can forge one ? i know several can , but i reckon those that can make them have not needed to apply them , and as usual those that cannot make them have the most experience using them . strange life isnt it ?

I've never used one. If I thought I had an application for them, I'd go out to the shop and forge a few. By time I was done, I'd be able to do it.

Why wouldn't you just rocker/banana a flat shoe instead of hanging all that iron on?

I guess aluminum might be the ticket here?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 06 Aug 2011 21:33 #20

  • smitty88
  • smitty88's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 6951
  • Thank you received: 64
  • Karma: 13
chris bunting wrote:
how many of you have applied a rocker/bar shoe ? and how many of you can forge one ? i know several can , but i reckon those that can make them have not needed to apply them , and as usual those that cannot make them have the most experience using them . strange life isnt it ?


spot on Chris
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 06 Aug 2011 21:51 #21

  • Mike Ferrara
  • Mike Ferrara's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 5057
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
smitty88 wrote:
spot on Chris

That's not supported by the evidence at hand. Eric is using them and he's making them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 06 Aug 2011 23:22 #22

  • Eric Russell
  • Eric Russell's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 431
  • Thank you received: 19
  • Karma: 3
Mike Ferrara wrote:
That's not supported by the evidence at hand. Eric is using them and he's making them.

I agree with Chris! Most people who can actually make one don't need to apply them.

It's taken me a long time before I could find a horse that could use one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 06 Aug 2011 23:26 #23

  • Eric Russell
  • Eric Russell's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 431
  • Thank you received: 19
  • Karma: 3
Mike Ferrara wrote:

Why wouldn't you just rocker/banana a flat shoe instead of hanging all that iron on?

I don't like making them so if you could explain how to rocker a shoe and still touch the foot I'm all ears.

The rockering the shoe would create 2 points of contact. I just don't see that as something I would want to do.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 07 Aug 2011 00:05 #24

  • Eric Russell
  • Eric Russell's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 431
  • Thank you received: 19
  • Karma: 3
texfarrier wrote:
i like to but it just a little behind COA....that way in 4-6 weeks when the hoof is long it has not moved the rocker in front of the COA..if that happens then the foot is rocking back..not good


Could you explain how the foot would rock back via anatomy? Could you or anyone explain what the coa has to do with static balance? Since you don't consider the deep flexor and extensor as important to a rocker shoe, should we cut both of them since they don't really have to do with anything?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 07 Aug 2011 05:33 #25

  • Mike Ferrara
  • Mike Ferrara's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 5057
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
Eric Russell wrote:
I don't like making them so if you could explain how to rocker a shoe and still touch the foot I'm all ears.

The rockering the shoe would create 2 points of contact. I just don't see that as something I would want to do.

Why not Just rocker the foot too?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 07 Aug 2011 06:32 #26

  • SlowShoe
  • SlowShoe's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 3229
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
Mike Ferrara wrote:
Why not Just rocker the foot too?

You might not have enough foot.

You can shape a pad to fit in the rocker I guess if you really wanted to use a machine made shoe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 07 Aug 2011 11:36 #27

  • Mike Ferrara
  • Mike Ferrara's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 5057
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
SlowShoe wrote:
You might not have enough foot.

You can shape a pad to fit in the rocker I guess if you really wanted to use a machine made shoe.

You might not. Ron Alders seems to get them on a lot of horses though and I don't know that you'd have to use a machine made shoe.

Anyway, I'm just asking questions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 07 Aug 2011 12:00 #28

Eric Russell wrote:
Could you explain how the foot would rock back via anatomy? Could you or anyone explain what the coa has to do with static balance? Since you don't consider the deep flexor and extensor as important to a rocker shoe, should we cut both of them since they don't really have to do with anything?

How about them standing over or under. They'll usually shift their weight to the most comfortable position. That's the whole idea, isn't it?

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 07 Aug 2011 13:53 #29

  • texfarrier
  • texfarrier's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 258
  • Karma: 0
if you dont know or have not studied any of Dr.Redden's concepts here is a link that i think will answer most of yalls questions
http://www.nanric.com/dr_redden_notes_archive.asp
i have been studying his notes and have taken a hands on clinic..he is where i learned how to use and apply the rocker shoe...i know this way of shoeing is not up every ones alley and is not the answer for every horse..i do not use this method alot only when there is a lot of pathology in the hoof..the rocker has been working very well for me with laminitis cases...as far as rockering a flat shoe to be applied to a hoof you have to use the 4 point trim(rockering the toe and the heels so the shoe rest on the toe and heel pillars) again i know some of you do not agree with the 4 point trim either ...and i always use aluminum shoes for rockering...
Austin Russell
"Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rockerbar Progress 07 Aug 2011 14:16 #30

  • Mike Ferrara
  • Mike Ferrara's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 5057
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
texfarrier wrote:
if you dont know or have not studied any of Dr.Redden's concepts here is a link that i think will answer most of yalls questions
http://www.nanric.com/dr_redden_notes_archive.asp
i have been studying his notes and have taken a hands on clinic..he is where i learned how to use and apply the rocker shoe...i know this way of shoeing is not up every ones alley and is not the answer for every horse..i do not use this method alot only when there is a lot of pathology in the hoof..the rocker has been working very well for me with laminitis cases...as far as rockering a flat shoe to be applied to a hoof you have to use the 4 point trim(rockering the toe and the heels so the shoe rest on the toe and heel pillars) again i know some of you do not agree with the 4 point trim either ...and i always use aluminum shoes for rockering...

Ron has talked quite a bit about how he trims a foot for a rockered shoe. I don't think it's really a "4 point" like Redden but I don't get the impression that either is too concerned about the shoe making perfect contact across the entire foot. Redden makes that much pretty clear.

I've only dabbled a little with rockered shoes so I'd defer to those with more experience with it.

Ron is using rockered shoes on performance horses so I think the weight of a steel rocker would be an issue. My other concern is that the few rockered shoes I've seen with a flat foot surface like the one in this thread (or Todd Walker's shoe in the hoofwatch video) have a fairly small radius at the apex of the rocker rather than a large radius curve. I guess if you pack enough steel in there you can forge any sort of radius you want but then it's really going to get heavy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kunena Birthday Module

  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

S5 Box

Register

*
*
*
*
*
*

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.