make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday January 19, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help with Bad Thrush

Help with Bad Thrush 18 May 2011 01:40 #1

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
Ok I had a horse today that I went to trim and it was so sore on it's front feet that it fell to it's knees as I was trying to pare out the sole. At first I thought it was just being ornery, but when it fell I started looking for sore spots.

I checked for sole bruising and there was none, when cleaning the frog I found it was nearly eat through with Thrush. It literally looked like it was attacked by termites, and the commissures had almost liquid black tar like stuff. I pared out the frog as much as the horse would let me, and then soaked in weak betadine solution and coated with Koppertox. I also wrapped with a gauze soaked in koppertox for tonight.

The owner is going to get some chemical restraint and I'm going to try and clean it out further. My question is how much can I take of the frog?? It's really eat up and I fear it's quite deep. Appears it started in the cleft. The owner eventually wants shoes on the front. I suggested four days of leaving it open and just cleaning out after I get the foot clean. Then maybe shod with a pad to protect the barely there frog.

Is that a good course of action? Should I add the Equipak that has the Koppertox in it?
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 18 May 2011 02:02 #2

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Stop cutting until you know a bit more. Try "Today" or similar mastitis medication.
Attachments:
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 18 May 2011 02:03 #3

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Go to Tractor Supply and buy some Today, it is meds for cattle with mastitius (spelling is wrong) but it works faster than anything I have used... do not pad because you will do nothing but trap bacteria and the thrush will only get worse.. do use a soft brush to clean the area best you can and tell the owners to keep the hoof as dry as possible...Good Luck!
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 18 May 2011 02:09 #4

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
Jay Mickle wrote:
Stop cutting until you know a bit more. Try "Today" or similar mastitis medication.

So don't worry about trying to get the infected area's open? or saying I'm not qualified to do such? I want to do what's best for the horse. I'll have to see if I can find that locally. I go back tomorrow morning.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 18 May 2011 06:05 #5

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
MPLdyCop wrote:
So don't worry about trying to get the infected area's open? or saying I'm not qualified to do such?

Both.
No reason to risk major bloodshed, let the medication do its thing. In the case of central sulcus thrush, apply daily until there is no crack left to apply it. Usually, a few weeks, I've had draft crosses up to 10 weeks.
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 18 May 2011 12:28 #6

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
Ok, I was just thinking Zebras in Texas again I suppose. Thinking that it could be getting close to the sensitive with the infection as deep as it was, and I needed to get to the "bottom" of it to know whether Veterinary intervention was needed.

I'm gonna pray that the local feed store has some kind of Mastitis treatment. The horse is really sore. With that treatment, I'm assuming it's ok to leave open still to assist healing.

Gary, I had no plans to cover with a pad til I was confident the thrush was gone. I considered the pad because of the ate through condition of the frog. I figured it would need protection as it grew back out if they had plans to ride this horse later on.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 18 May 2011 14:39 #7

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
If I can take pics I will since the horse hopefully will be sedated slightly. I couldn't find Today locally so I picked up Di-Methox which is Sulfadimethoxine in a water soluble powder. It is also a Gram Neg and Gram Poss. inhibitor like the Today paste. I plan on mixing up a paste to put on the frogs and just putting vet wrap over it for a few days to keep the paste in contact and be breathable.

I'll check back later when I can. Any input is appreciated.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 18 May 2011 19:47 #8

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
The beauty of TODAY is the applicator tip that provides for administration of the drug deep into the central sulcus of the hoof. Vets carry and prescribe drugs like Cefa-Lak and Hetacin-K at higher cost.
Jay Mickle

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 19 May 2011 04:17 #9

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
Interesting day to say the least. :mad:

This is my new "Rig". I'm going to outfit it as I get the money in.

On my way to do this unfortunate horse, I ran over my own front tire. :eek:

Yeah the ball joint just fell apart and I had to replace the ball joint, tie rod, and CV joint. Sigh
Also due to that I had to get a front end alignment from the replacements. This truck was a hunting toy, and I had already took off the mud tires. Next is getting rid of the lift kit and putting a shell on the back.

Needless to say the horse has been postponed til tomorrow.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 19 May 2011 13:07 #10

• khfs
On really sever cases I have the owners sugardine it for a week, then start using the mastitis treatment. The sugardine dries it up and draws out any deep infection, the mastitis treatment is then used until the central sulcus is healed and healthy frog is evident.
Kari Hoyer

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 19 May 2011 20:58 #11

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Try with a suspension of benzoil peroxide in acetone.
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 20 May 2011 02:51 #12

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
Here's the update.

I finally got to the horse today, and with the previous treatment it felt so good we didn't need sedation. It stood without it. I felt good and the owner was impressed.

I trimmed him up, and applied the Di-Methox paste, then rewrapped. Told the owner don't worry if the wrap comes off in two days. Just keep it clean twice a day. I wanted to keep the paste in contact for a couple of days then let oxygen do the rest.

The horse took off when let go, just trotting around. :)

I go back next week to put front shoes on him. I'm a little concerned about some separation I saw in the white line. Could be just dead laminae from an old insult. He has the start of two deep toe cracks. One is bad enough that it's distorted the white line making it curve in. My plan is to clean that out and shoe with two clips pulled on either side of the toe crack.

Is that about right??
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 20 May 2011 12:41 #13

• Travis Reed
  • Master
Kim why not just put the shoes on the first time or at the least the 2nd time...3 trips out can kinda pricey...I know you said ur just starting out and wanna go above and beyond ur duty for the client but keep in mind some people will come to expect that kinda of thing for free ...I know ur trying to build up clients and I commend ur efforts but keep in mind you can build in bad habits into the client that later down the line will be very hard to brake...I say this because I done the same ...extra trips..getting up horses...lost shoes for free even after 3 weeks....all bad habits the client will come to expect but not wanna pay extra for it and when you get busy you will not have the time to doo all that stuff for free or even the time for pay...just somethings to keep in mind
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 20 May 2011 15:30 #14

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
Well, actually I have charged him everytime. I charged a call out and for the services the first day, and for the two trims and the wrapping the second day. For the next time the setting of the front shoes is discounted because I've already trimmed the backs. Basically I've just charged for what I've done each day. Plus side is that he is on the way to my job at the City, so not too much of an extra gas expense.

I fully understand what your saying Travis, and I'm definately trying to get clients but not starve myself in the mean time. ;)
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

RE:Help with Bad Thrush 20 May 2011 15:57 #15

• Travis Reed
  • Master
You go girl....I wish I had been that smart...I built some bad habits when starting that still bleed over to this day....
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

Kunena Birthday Module

• arizonacowgirl birthday is today
  • Ed Gladden birthday is today
  • khfs birthday is today
  • NewShoes28 birthday is today
  • phantomcowgirl birthday is today
  • afajmmcjf birthday is in 2 days
  • Blackhorse birthday is in 2 days
  • horseladyhoo birthday is in 2 days
  • Team Roper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.