make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spreading a Narrow Hoof .

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 13 May 2011 06:33 #16

I never liked the springs, slippered heels and what have you for spreading heels. What I do like is what Denoix describes as a cure for low heels. (On which it does not really live up to its promise by the way)

Anyway, trim, balance the whole 9', the feet as in normal feet. Than take a rigid pad, like a sandwich plate, or a hard plastic plate and cut out the frog, but be sure to leave the side sulci well covered. Fill the side sulci with DIM and put on the shoe and pad. When loaded the DIM in the side sulci acts as a "widener" without ruining the hoofwall as slippered heels or steel springs would.

In the old days (harness racers) we experimented with mushroom shoes and flipflops. The latter worked pretty well by the way.

Ronald Aalders
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 13 May 2011 20:19 #17

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
What do you think causes a narrow hoof?
P

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 13 May 2011 20:36 #18

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
reillyshoe wrote:
What do you think causes a narrow hoof?

Primarily genetics, then injury (pain, contracture,...), conformation.
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 13 May 2011 20:58 #19

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
This is an interesting thread since I worked on one today I'd like to see his hind feet spread some and take some pressure off of his contracted heels. Which I think is putting alot of pressure on the medial and lateral cartilages. This horse is about 16 1, 1150 lbs, QH, and put together from leftover parts. His back is really long and he's a bit cowhocked. His hinds have been contracted sine I started working on him a couple years ago but they have opened some over time. The central sulcus of the frog was deep and closed and full of thrush and it's now more open and dry. The horse is very sore in the heel bulbs and if you push on the back of the cartilages. He's had many different setups including straight bars, egg bars, wedge pads with IM for support and all those just make him more sore. If I shoe him a bit to tight and close to the frog with the heel check and the frog gets pressure from the shoe after a few weeks he get's real sore to, we don't let that happen.

Right now he is in Delta Challenger 8 mm hinds, slight rolled toe, with short heel extensions to the back of the heel bulbs for support. Inside web along the frog ground out so no pressure, and fit with about 3/16" expansion on the inside, and 1/4" on the outside. Shoes are boxed and safed and he keeps them on. Center of heels on the shoe are about 1/4" inside the toe nails maybe a bit more, that's why I feel he's contracted.

He's shod every 5 weeks and I take 3/8" to 1/2" off each trim. He's rideen on trails 5 to 7 days a week ranging from hard pack dirt to deep sand in the dry washes. Not head bobbing lame just sore and ouchy. After working a few minutes he's pretty good to go but it does hurt him. I can make him react just by squeezing with my thumb and forefinger on his heels bulbs and cartilages.

So, will any of what is being discussed here help spread these feet? Slippered shoes, heel springs, IM in the sulcus, bar shoes, shoes fit wide?

Or is this horse just destined to be like this for life? It has me scratching my head cause I can normally get them to spread a bit and be comfortable, but this one has me puzzled.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 13 May 2011 20:59 #20

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Do you really think so? If I have a horse with a narrow hoof and the DDFT or the inferior check ligament is cut the hoof gets wider....
P

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 14 May 2011 14:14 #21

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
according to that tree trimmer all you have to do is rip the bars out
and drop the heels , nature does the rest
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 14 May 2011 16:33 #22

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Lol tree trimmer....... I have not had the best of luck with slipper heels alone.. although slipper heels with heel spring has worked in a few cases...also my fav set up is using a frog support pad with heel area neatly cut away ..slipper the heels ..put in a heel spring and and pack back half with I.M...drill holes in the pad and over pack and allow extra to push out...this set up is a **** shoot at times and sometimes have to undue it if the horse pulls up lame......and I think pat may be onto a few things and would like to hear more on what he thinks and or has found.....I have often had heel spread then go right back after the fact and think that maybe I was forceing something upon the horse that may be doing more damage than good ..I also wonder is ther true contraction that's can be worked on and is there issues with a narrow foot by some others reasons
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 15 May 2011 06:23 #23

• chris bunting
  • Master
doc reilly , so the heels spread if you cut the ddft , how does the animal perform afterwards ? can it still gallop jump etc 100% ?
chris

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 15 May 2011 07:09 #24

• reillyshoe
  • Master
chris bunting wrote:
doc reilly , so the heels spread if you cut the ddft , how does the animal perform afterwards ? can it still gallop jump etc 100% ?
chris

Perhaps spreading the heels is not necessarily a good thing.

I think before fix something it helps to understand the mechanical forces causing it. I think of the hoof shape as a result of all of the forces acting on the capsule. If you take the extreme case of a foal with a club foot, the heels might not reach the ground during full weight bearing. Is it a surprise then for this hoof to be narrow in the heels? Would a slippered heel shoe change the hoof shape? Or fitting the shoe with more width? I doubt it, as I think the heels are narrow because they are under stimulated. I think the DDFT is reducing the amount of weight bearing in the heel region. "Loosening" the DDFT seems to correct the issue (DDFT tenotomy, inferior check ligament desmotomy), as the heels get wider after these procedures.
P

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 15 May 2011 08:02 #25

• chris bunting
  • Master
i understand what you are saying mr reilly but you are referring to foals not adults . i think a lot of shoeing actually causes the narrowing /contraction of heels . my experiences in s.europe lead me to believe that shoeing too long and wide actually prevents expansion and has the adverse effect of what the farrier/vet are trying to achieve , but there again it is my opinion and also as mr burten says "it depends "
chris

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 15 May 2011 12:17 #26

• david a hall
  • Very Senior Member
It depends, im not sure what the phrase slippering means, its another Trans Atlantic thing again.
The three considerations are;
Hereditary- best you can do is facilitate the way the horse goes.
Congenital- as above tends to have asymmetry involved.
Acquired- injury, work program, conformation, poor shoeing. This category is defiantly the area we can effect most change, and is indeed our job to.
As Mr Reilly says the capsule is a mirror image of the force placed on it. I suspect that the more upright foot can spend more time in the caudal part of the stance phase. In the case of asymmetry between the front feet, the wider lower foot spending a longer in the cranial part of the stance phase. In the cases where you are establishing if widening the hoof is the correct thing to do then you have to correctly establish the cause.
One of the safest ways of doing this is clean up the horses movement, This isnt always possible and allow the horses gait to spread it.

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 15 May 2011 12:34 #27

• reillyshoe
  • Master
A foal does not posses enough weight to overcome the tension on the DDFT apparatus, however the weight of a full grown horse is likely to force the heels to the ground. This is an example of the extreme, and I would consider it likely that the strain on the DDFT transfers a greater portion of the horses weight to P3 in the front of the foot leaving less force on heels and an under-developed, more narrow heel as a result.
P

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 16 May 2011 00:01 #28

• Show Shoe
I've found on the ones I've worked on only the yearlings and younger seemed to spread after the operation. The others that were 2 yrs and old the foot went to a more natural angle but its spread was very minimal. I'll be working on a 2 yr old in the next week or two as soon as the can get her in the clinic so I'll try to take pictures of the progress.
Jeremy Lacroix

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 18 May 2011 14:47 #29

Does anyone have pictures of this?
Teri Thomas

RE:Spreading a Narrow Hoof . 18 May 2011 15:27 #30

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Pictures of what-a narrow hoof, or the changes after surgery, or a slippered shoe?
P

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.