make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday January 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Quarter crack and banana shoe

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 19 May 2011 23:50 #16

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Gabino wrote:
Yesterday I was seeing this horse working. It's a horse for jumping classes. It work well, I'd say his movements are better. The quarter crack have not blood and generally,the horse likes his new shoeing.

Gabino are u saying the shoeing ur doing is on a jumper and it seems to be going good...
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 20 May 2011 21:33 #17

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Yes Travis.I say it. Before,I shoe the horse with eggbar shoe.The horse was well about the first week,.Then, the floating is gone and the horse becomes unconfortable.Besides the quarter crack got blood.

As you say, we have the neccesity to try something.The owner hopes solutions,not good words. I think the banana shoe can get success when other methodes of shoeing failure.So far,the horse works all days and it looks good.No sore,no blood. The owner and vet are happy.

If the horse is sound,I never fit a banana shoe or another ortopaedic shoe.When the hoof is good,I like fit full perimeter shoe too. When I have a problem,I try someting. I think the most of ortopaedic shoeings are trial and error.

I hope the quarter is closed and the horse stay sound.I will post the results,good or bad.The other horse that I show in the post of corrective shoeing,looks good too.I'm satisfied with the results of the banana shoe in same cases. It encourage me to learn more and practice more wit the banana.Probably,if I practice enough,I will get better results. I have a sadness only: The aluminium compensated straigthbar shoe are very expensive: 15 euros each one.
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 20 May 2011 22:25 #18

• Travis Reed
  • Master
Thank Gabino...yes keep us updated good or bad...glad to see I'm not the only farrier that has some go bad after trying something...
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 21 May 2011 15:17 #19

• Cfarrier
  • Contributing Member
Travis, on the horse with the quarter cracks, I have found that rockering the heel on H/J type horses can be very helpful, even low crushed heels. The rocker is usually small and not very noticeable unless your looking close on hard level ground. The rocker is usually positioned no farther forward than the seat of the corn. Just something to consider.
Ken C. Yazzi

The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists.
Ernest Hemmingway

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 21 May 2011 17:48 #20

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
Does rockering the heel kinda provide the same or similar benefit as floating it?

I'm just thinking aloud and picturing it lessening the main impact by rolling rather than jamming. Kinda like tucking and rolling after a fall as opposed to planting.

I've actually got a bad quarter crack to fix in one of my own. I've just been trying to gather info on the best course of action for it. For now I just floated the heel, but I'm leaning on doing a bit more.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 23 May 2011 03:50 #21

• Cfarrier
  • Contributing Member
To avoid any confusion; When I say "rocker the heel" I do mean bi laterally or both branches of the shoe.

MPLdyCop wrote:
Does rockering the heel kinda provide the same or similar benefit as floating it?

They both, to some degree, reduce ground force. Beyond that I believe the mechanics have some significant differences.

1. Heel/capsule is supported with rockering
2. How the ground force reaction and load acceptance is transferred to and through the capsule.
3. I believe rockering is beneficial in turns/pivoting.

MPLdyCop wrote:
I'm just thinking aloud and picturing it lessening the main impact by rolling rather than jamming. Kinda like tucking and rolling after a fall as opposed to planting.
It could lessen the main impact. That would depend on how the horse impacts the ground.

Remember that this idea is counter intuitive in some regards. While I knew of and had rockered heels for certain issues it was certainly not something that I applied with any regularity. It was while working with a H/J farrier who applied this on many horses that I initially started pondering over the reasons it so often produced positive results. The reasons I gave are simply some of my speculations. I wish I had more specific reasons in the "how" and definitive evidence to offer.
Ken C. Yazzi

The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists.
Ernest Hemmingway

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 23 May 2011 09:32 #22

Eric Russell wrote:
Ron, are you saying if you raise the angle of p3 the fetlock drops more?

Yes, as the opposite is just as true, with a low PA the fetlocks straightens. And where this may or may not be a problem, it may cause problems on a jumper. When landing after a jump, the fetlock flexes to a maximum. The higher the PA the worse this gets. Up to a point where something has got to give.

Ronald Aalders

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 23 May 2011 15:24 #23

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Ronald Aalders wrote:
Yes, as the opposite is just as true, with a low PA the fetlocks straightens. And where this may or may not be a problem, it may cause problems on a jumper. When landing after a jump, the fetlock flexes to a maximum. The higher the PA the worse this gets. Up to a point where something has got to give.

Ronald Aalders

Ron, I think the coffin joint would disagree with your theory. The pastern can't drop as low in an upright foot, therefore the fetlock couldn't possibly drop lower. Maybe i'm misunderstanding you?

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 24 May 2011 06:29 #24

This might well be a case of what we call in Holland "words that pass each other". What I'm refering to, and felt you were asking about, is not really under debate.

A low PA will straighten out the pastern/fetlock. I have a pic of what I mean. A high PA will have the opposite effect, I'm looking for a pic illustrating that one.

Ronald Aalders
Attachments:

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 26 May 2011 18:22 #25

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
I'm glad with the banana shoeing. Two cycles and this horse gets a correct phalangial axis

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 13 Jun 2011 21:00 #26

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
Well,well,well..It looks the crack is closed.

Today, seven weeks later,The horse works as jumping proffesor without problems.

Glad for the good way of the issue,I put a banana more great and I float very much the heel.Long life to banana shoe.

Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 14 Jun 2011 01:56 #27

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Gabino wrote:
Well,well,well..It looks the crack is closed.
Maybe its just me but the shoe and pad look short for that hoof and there appears to be a crack forming right where the back of the wedge contacts the wall.

In the "after' photo it looks like youve reduced that crack but the package still looks short to me.

The major crack looks to be coming along/growing out nicely.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 14 Jun 2011 16:31 #28

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
Is not a crack,Rick. That's the joint line of the frog and bulbs.

Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 26 Jul 2011 18:48 #29

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
Today,six weeks after. During this time, the horse had working with normality.

Encouraged by the good succes,I put another wedge for make better the realinement of the foot.

Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 27 Jul 2011 09:32 #30

Gabino wrote:
I'm glad with the banana shoeing. Two cycles and this horse gets a correct phalangial axis

What's more important Gabino is trying to understand the why.

There was a time I got really tired of people yappin' about science, proof and the like on banana's while I was helping one horse after another with them. And still do. Now I just shrug and help out another one.

But all the same a banana shoe is just a shoe, like there are many others that all have their place in the right situation.

Ronald Aalders

Kunena Birthday Module

• GregTrem birthday is today
  • isagenixchallenge6A4A birthday is today
  • mercifulgimmickB72E birthday is today
  • AfflerbachDM birthday is in 1 day
  • CWFarrierSvcs birthday is in 1 day
  • jlthompson birthday is in 1 day
  • SlowShoe birthday is in 1 day
  • temposmom birthday is in 1 day
  • Antionette birthday is in 364 days
  • Awilda Buentello7D5B birthday is in 364 days
  • bennyjoe@shoeforyou.com birthday is in 364 days
  • Mike Wells birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.