make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday May 19, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Quarter crack and banana shoe

Quarter crack and banana shoe 09 May 2011 21:54 #1

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I was very upset about this quarter crack. Six or seven shoeings don't get any success. Today,I fix a banana shoe.I hope the self adjunting effect of the banana shoe gets a good success.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The rigth front gets a good realineament inmediately.

I'll keep posting.I'm very interested in this horse.
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 10 May 2011 03:06 #2

I wonder about putting all that pressure right at the crack. It will be interesting to see what happens.

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 10 May 2011 03:34 #3

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 5
clearthinkingone wrote:
I wonder about putting all that pressure right at the crack. It will be interesting to see what happens.

same here.

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 10 May 2011 06:51 #4

Might just be the ticket :D

I would encourage you to consider a "continuous roll" and the trimming and stabilizing part is also needed when working with a banana.

Ronald Aalders
Attachments:

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 10 May 2011 22:32 #5

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
Thanks,Ron.I was hoping your opinion.

Isn't pressure at the crack before.The crack is floated and the weigth runs to the toe.After,the crack had pressure.

One pic more.The poor conformation of the horse.

Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 11 May 2011 06:39 #6

From this poimt of view (behind my keyboard :cool:) I just might have positioned the shoe back further a little. Propbably more important is that the floating is only partial. I tried to illustrate what I see by using coloured markings on your pic.

With a banana shoe you'll find it's hard to float (and keep floated, even after the foot "settles") the caudal part of that heel. This is because the shape of the footside in this type of banana's. What helps here is to cut away the pad, rather than trim the foot away from the shoe.

Perhaps I also would have moved the floating further forward, beyond the crack itself. What you are looking for is to free the entire "loose" heel, and have the rest of the foot carry weight. Obviously in doing so you loose stability in the foot ("three legged table" effect) This you need to stabilize by adding hoofpack.

Ronald Aalders
Attachments:

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 11 May 2011 22:17 #7

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
Thanks Ron.

When I trim this horse (or other hoof cracked), I trim the two fronts,I float the heel cracked and I let staying barefot while I shod the hinds or while I shoe another horse. One hour after,the floating is missing.Then,I float again and I fix the shoe. Usually, this last floating stays one day or two, but in this horse with banana,the second floating was missing too in half hour more or less. Any explication? The banana makes easy the descent of the cracked heel?

This is a solar wiew. Can you see the crack? It must be near my thumb,but there's not crack on the sole.I'd like put an aluminium compensated barstraigth shoe Colleoni,but the owner want not expend money.The shoe is a straigth bar shoe of steel,but she gets impression stuff pink.

And an last ask. If the shoe is more large,about one or two centimeters, What influence in the mechanic of the banana?. I draw in the pic.

Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 11 May 2011 23:31 #8

Gabino in my experience with cracks like this one I fine a lot of my problem lies in the sole and bars. It looks from your sole picture that the heel wraps into the frog. First i like to open the heel and see if I can get it back into a more normal position; following the the bar back straight, sometime I have to get into sensitive tissue at the base of the heel and frog, knowing how deep is the tough part one to many strokes with a loop knife and you get into blood. Then I make sure there is a even couture in my bar to the tip of the frog (a lot times there is compacted sole just if front of where the crack lines up) removing any high spots in the sole. The sole will drop just like the wall but if removed it will allow the wall to settle faster. Getting rid of the excess length in the wall is also tough do to the fact that you have three different angles of your tubules in the wall height,what makes it tough is where to remove height. leaving to much length and removing to much height will cause your tubules to bend and cause more distortion in the outer wall, causing length and reducing actual height. You can float as much as you want and put any shoe on if you do not start at the base of the problem it will just keep coming back. Like I said this works in my practice and it take an open mind to realize that the sole can jam just like the wall and cause distortion.
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 12 May 2011 06:39 #9

Gabino wrote:
And an last ask. If the shoe is more large,about one or two centimeters, What influence in the mechanic of the banana?. I draw in the pic.

Good question, I thought about that a lot, and now I'm sure the mechanics don't change all that much. Not even when we're talking performance horses. Be sure, when you use a regular shoe to make a banana out of, to take that shoe at least one size too big. The curve makes up for the extra size. If you have a big roll (+3/8" from the face of your anvil) you may need two sizes extra on some feet.

The extra shoe may have some effect in deep footing like a reining arena. The extra shoe also makes the wedge thicker at the heel (if you start out with aligning the toe of the wedge pad with the toe of the shoe) and both the longer shoe and the raise in wedge height may affect landing and loading in deep sand when compared to a shorter shoe. But I would certainly not loose any sleep over that one.

Ronald Aalders
Attachments:

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 19 May 2011 15:42 #10

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Ron or anyone have you used the banna shoe on any jumpers that are in work ...the question on that I have is ....with the heels rockerd up and toe up..on landing is they a chance the heels are allowed to drop farther down thus hyper extending in fetlock area ..ddft..and such....at what point can it drop before it all comes apart
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 19 May 2011 16:04 #11

Travis Reed wrote:
Ron or anyone have you used the banna shoe on any jumpers that are in work ...the question on that I have is ....with the heels rockerd up and toe up..on landing is they a chance the heels are allowed to drop farther down thus hyper extending in fetlock area ..ddft..and such....at what point can it drop before it all comes apart

I never used them on jumpers Travis. I can see your point and I'd be careful to at least never use a banana without a wedge. Also you need to remember that a "light" banana (toe and heel aprox. 1/4" off the face) has a good effect too. It doesn't need to be a big rolled shoe at all. Even with a light banana you have a lot more mechanics compared to a regular shoe.

On the other hand I see where hyperflexion of the fetlock is possible when the heels are raised. A higher PA makes the fetlock drop. So the wellknown extension of the fetlock on landing just after the jump might even be alleviated. But clearly that's just theory, I'd hate to try it.

Ronald Aalders

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 19 May 2011 17:13 #12

• Travis Reed
  • Master
Thank u for ur input Ron... I have a case that a horse was ship in on a lease the owner or leasor I should say has got this horse for the 2011 2012 show season....horse came in bar shoes and one of the best patch job over 1/4 cracks I have ever seen...we asked why the bar shoes and they said sore feet due to heavy showing...after a few weeks the glue started comming out and we then seen the real reason for bar shoes and pour ins.... this is why I was asking as the horse is still in work and no planes to stop as they are winning and going sound...the 1/4 cracks are in both front feet..I'm just maintaning them at this time with bar shoes and pads ....was looking for ideas on what else could be done..have u or anyone ran a z or g bar on a working horse that is jumping around only 3ft...on both front or is this not enough support
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 19 May 2011 19:46 #13

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Ron, are you saying if you raise the angle of p3 the fetlock drops more?

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 19 May 2011 20:55 #14

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
Yesterday I was seeing this horse working. It's a horse for jumping classes. It work well, I'd say his movements are better. The quarter crack have not blood and generally,the horse likes his new shoeing.
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Quarter crack and banana shoe 19 May 2011 20:58 #15

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
That's Better than any thread answer !!!

Kunena Birthday Module

• Jan99504 birthday is today
  • milly7i0726 birthday is today
  • spotteddrafter1 birthday is today
  • filmbak62F7 birthday is in 1 day
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is in 1 day
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 2 days
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.