make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday January 19, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance

shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 14 Apr 2011 16:12 #1

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
I now have 4 barrel racing horses on my book and each one has either been long toe low heel or shoe's one size to small for hoof.
So far each horse has improved enough for owners to win the contest they entered.
Here is one i trimmed and shod last night.
I didn't know Sharon was taking pictures but she is new to this and didn't take finished pictures. :eek:
Owner is holding the horse.
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 14 Apr 2011 19:33 #2

• dana fenn
  • Thank you received: 1
Sounds like they got the perfect guy for the job, Bruce! is that a horseshoe ring you're wearing in the last picture?
Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says "Oh, No, she's Awake!"

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 14 Apr 2011 19:48 #3

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
An Open Letter to Bruce Matthews,

Welcome to what I believe to be the most challenging form of farriery in existence. I'd rather shoe barrel horses than any other sort because you have essentially the same group of horses bumping heads in varied arena conditions, week after week with photoelectric timers making for instant feedback. After a few runs, you don't have to depend on anyone's opinion to know where you're at and there's no BS involved - other than that generated by barrel racers. Whenever you do something to a barrel horse, no matter how small or insignificant, what you've done will be reflected in the horse's times. In addition, there ain't no formula involved: every one is different.

You're going to find that the better class, the class of barrel horses, the more critical the farrier's work and the greater the likelihood that you'll be blamed for anything that goes wrong - and pilot error, arena conditions, sore horses, and an old-fashioned case of the slows won't count - it's ALWAYS the farrier's fault when things go south! On the other hand, when the planets are in alignment and a barrel horse scorches the pattern and outruns everybody by tenths, not hundredths, that phenomenon will be considered proof positive of the rider's ability, the trainer's conditioning, the breeder's intelligence and good overall karma, it's NEVER something the farrier did.

Still, you've got a helluva start and I hope you find shoeing barrel horses to be as personally rewarding as I once did. There ain't nothing quite like getting one dialed in just right and having it run faster than it ever has. When that horse outruns 'em for five or six in a row, the pilot may even suspect you had something to do with it - or, not. Not to worry! As sure as dirty water flows downhill, when that horse quits winning, it'll be YOUR fault.

Barrel horses would be the most fun you can have with your boots on if it wasn't for them damn barrel racers. Unfortunately, you can't have one without the other. (I've been married to one for more'n 40 years) :)

Respectfully,

Tom
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 14 Apr 2011 21:50 #4

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Hi Tom;

Looking forward to sitting down and listening to you over a brew or cup of coffee.

I am, enjoying the barrel horses. Its the tweaking that makes it interesting for me. I want the woman to win and if they win then I will get more of the barrel horses to do. Not to mention the satisfaction of knowing I made a difference.
That is how I picked up this lady, via word of mouth from another barrel racer i shoe for.

After doing drafts for such a long time, I am enjoying the smaller horses.
So far I have worked on some pretty good hooves.
Nice size and shape for the horse they support.

Let me know when your next visit is to Alvin Farrier Supply and if it fits into your schedule I will come over to meet you. I live just a half mile away from the supply house.

my 2 cents worth ;)
-but-

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 14 Apr 2011 23:24 #5

• texfarrier
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
An Open Letter to Bruce Matthews,

Welcome to what I believe to be the most challenging form of farriery in existence. I'd rather shoe barrel horses than any other sort because you have essentially the same group of horses bumping heads in varied arena conditions, week after week with photoelectric timers making for instant feedback. After a few runs, you don't have to depend on anyone's opinion to know where you're at and there's no BS involved - other than that generated by barrel racers. Whenever you do something to a barrel horse, no matter how small or insignificant, what you've done will be reflected in the horse's times. In addition, there ain't no formula involved: every one is different.

You're going to find that the better class the class of barrel horses, the more critical the farrier's work and the greater the likelihood that you'll be blamed for anything that goes wrong - and pilot error, arena conditions, sore horses, and an old-fashioned case of the slows won't count - it's ALWAYS the farrier's fault when things go south! On the other hand, when the planets are in alignment and a barrel horse scorches the pattern and outruns everybody by tenths, not hundredths, that phenomenon will be considered proof positive of the rider's ability, the trainer's conditioning, the breeder's intelligence and good overall karma, it's NEVER something the farrier did.

Still, you've got a helluva start and I hope you find shoeing barrel horses to be as personally rewarding as I once did. There ain't nothing quite like getting one dialed in just right and having it run faster than it ever has. When that horse outruns 'em for five or six in a row, the pilot may even suspect you had something to do with it - or, not. Not to worry! As sure as dirty water flows downhill, when that horse quits winning, it'll be YOUR fault.

Barrel horses would be the most fun you can have with your boots on if it wasn't for them damn barrel racers. Unfortunately, you can't have one without the other. (I've been married to one for more'n 40 years) :)

Respectfully,

Tom

amen to that!
Austin Russell
"Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 15 Apr 2011 00:01 #6

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
shoe's one size to small for hoof.

Haven't dealt with Texas can chasers, but the cuttin' horses that some clients have bought down there and brought up here would be happy campers with only one size too small.

All my shoeing in Texas was on polo ponies. My wife's folks lived in Midland and I'd go play around at the Polo Club while we were visiting, shoe a few and help some Mexican brothers I'd met work horses. They were just training and selling, but I was watching a game one day with the club's owner and he commented "If those boys could get mounted, they'd be something". Hector, Carlos and Chongo Galinda.

The in laws passed away and I hadn't been there for a bit and was flying to Calif when I noticed an article in the airline mag about a new club in La Quinta, Ca that "had been able to attract such international stars as Hector and Carlos Galinda" - The boys were mounted. Chongo apparently had suffered an early death, but Hector and Carlos are still pro polo players. Couldn't have happened to nicer fellows.
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 15 Apr 2011 02:24 #7

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
vthorseshoe in gray, stuff deleted

Looking forward to sitting down and listening to you over a brew or cup of coffee.

I am, enjoying the barrel horses. Its the tweaking that makes it interesting for me. I want the woman to win and if they win then I will get more of the barrel horses to do. Not to mention the satisfaction of knowing I made a difference.

Let me know when your next visit is to Alvin Farrier Supply and if it fits into your schedule I will come over to meet you. I live just a half mile away from the supply house.

Bruce,

At the current rate of sales, I'll be delivering Durasole to Alvin around May 17th. If not around that date, it'll be the first week in June because we're going to Denver over Memorial weekend.

Because of the deer, I'd like to leave Comanche in daylight, spend the night in Alvin, then come back home in daylight. Driving at night on TX 36, between Brenham and Comanche is a mighty scary proposition - and the later in the evening and the closer you get to Comanche, the scarier it gets.

Now that I've explained my selfish motives for wanting to spend the night in Alvin, please be aware that I'd like nothing better than to visit over a toddy or two and I'd consider it an honor to share what little I know about barrel horses with you.

I'll buy the first round. :)
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 15 Apr 2011 03:17 #8

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Mr Stovall is as always spot on with the canchasers, truer words were never spoken!!
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 15 Apr 2011 15:39 #9

• chad rice
  • Very Senior Member
Bruce, ain't nothing I can tell you about barrel horses that Mr. Stovall doesn't know, but one thing I pay attention to is how the horse works. Canchasers don't all turn the same.

Some of them will run in will little to no pocket, and make one move ( almost roll back), and there gone. These horses tend to set pretty hard, and hocks and stiffles will be your enemy.

Some of them will run a little wider and make three moves behind a barrel, they don't lose as much momentum that way, so they think it's faster. Sore heels in frnt, and knees and shoulders will bother ya here.

Talk to some owners and trainers, or just go watch the horse a time or two, and you will see what I mean.

P.S. I shoe alot of barrel horses, but I'm still pretty green, so if Mr. Stovall, or Mr. Hill disagree with anything I've said I'll be all ears.
Chad Rice, CF

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 15 Apr 2011 22:32 #10

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Pretty good observation Chad, spot on. Watching any horse work is the best way to figure out what that individual needs, IMO.
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 16 Apr 2011 02:38 #11

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Chad I appreciate the input. I am already aware of the hocks getting shot up.

Two I am doing run rim shoe's on the front and regular plates on the back.

It is the way they have been set up and the owners are happy with it so if it aint broke, don't fix it.

my 2 cents worth ;)
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 16 Apr 2011 02:58 #12

• chad rice
  • Very Senior Member
Bruce, I just noticed that you were in Alvin Texas. That is where my wifes family is from. If your lookin for more barrel horses to shoe, I'm sure she has plenty of connections.
Chad Rice, CF

RE:shoeing barrel racing horses out of balance 16 Apr 2011 11:44 #13

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Its a small world........
Perhaps when you come down to visit family we can take time to meet up.
Whats her name ?

My 2 cents worth ;)
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

Kunena Birthday Module

• arizonacowgirl birthday is today
  • Ed Gladden birthday is today
  • khfs birthday is today
  • NewShoes28 birthday is today
  • phantomcowgirl birthday is today
  • afajmmcjf birthday is in 2 days
  • Blackhorse birthday is in 2 days
  • horseladyhoo birthday is in 2 days
  • Team Roper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.