make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday January 24, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another mini with poor feet.

Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 02:40 #1

Hi everyone.
I've only been a farrier for a year, and am relatively new to this, so opinions are greatly appreciated.

I am currently trimming a mini with terrible front feet. She doesn't walk well, and you can tell its painful for her.

We've been working on her for about 8 months now, and usually after her trimming, she is noticeably more comfortable when she walks, but it doesn't take long for her to have problems again.

Her coronet band is in really rough condition.

And her heels are quite contracted. (I forgot to clean her hoof out before I took this picture, I apologize.)

Her owners are well aware that euthanasia may be the best thing for her, but I thought I'd give it one last shot before letting her go.

Again, opinions and thoughts are much appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 03:25 #2

Hi Trent,
You still have a lot of foot left to trim.The last pic,you can see,the heels bent over,those need to come off,then you can get at the dead sole that is likely still in there.Then you can see how much toe can come off.Have you been riding with someone?If so get them to take a look,if not you may need xrays to help you .Trim some off,then post some more pics on here,that wwill be cheaper!
John

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 04:43 #3

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
Those dwarf mini's often have severe conformational defects that really deform their feet. Trying too hard to achieve hoof balance can cause them more discomfort. I do see alot of foot to come off in these pics. Take it slow with your nippers. Nip, knife, nip, knife, etc. On a mini like this, you need to look at providing the little feller something stable to stand on rather than developing a perfect hoof.
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 05:36 #4

Trent,
I see a lot of heel that needs to come off. Ands bad m/l imbalance.
if you look at the heel were the horn starts to curve you need to trim it off to at least were the horn at the heel is not bending. The good thing is that there is still a lot you can do for this little guy. If the owners are thinking about putting it down then its time to get aggressive. Try trimming more heel then you ever thought was safe to do before. What can it hurt :)

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 05:40 #5

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
I agree with Michael. There are alot of these little mini's around with feet like this. You have alot of foot to work with. I don't see a reason to put him down.
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 13:11 #6

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
bend your back ,sweat a bit and do a proper trim ,theres a shed of heel to come off for a start
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 13:26 #7

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Because of the short amount of time you have been a farrier, correctly trimming this kind of compromised hoof may be at least somewhat above your current level of knowledge, skill and expertise. Why not find a more experienced colleague to assist you? I agree with everyone who has offered you trimming advise. I too don't think that in and of themselves, these feet are indicative of an animal that should be euthanized.

If you tell us where you are located, someone here may be able to put you in touch with farriers who would be in a position to assist you.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 14:57 #8

I forgot to mention its a good thing that you have asked for help. I have know several guys that have been shoeing for a year or less that know it all. Its nice to see someone that doesn't mind asking for help.

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 20:31 #9

Like others have said, the heels really need to be addressed. You would be suprised how much heel would come off. A lot.
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 18 Feb 2011 23:35 #10

Thanks to everyone who has replied thus far.

These pictures were taken before her trim, and I forgot to take pictures of her when I was finished. I have been taking down her heels a lot, and that has been helping, but like I said, it is short term comfort.

I am in Saskatchewan, and I have had one farrier advise me on what to do, which I have been doing.

I am completely for trying harder to get her walking properly, the owners were prepared to put her down nearly a year ago. I am glad to see all of you think that she can get better, it has built up confidence to keep working on it and get her walking again.

I will try to get pictures of her finished trim next time I get out there, and post those for more information.

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 19 Feb 2011 04:32 #11

Trent,
There are several threads here that show deformed feet trimmed back to balance and leveled,that will show in photos what we are describing.

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 23 Feb 2011 21:07 #12

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
clearthinkingone wrote:
I forgot to mention its a good thing that you have asked for help. I have know several guys that have been shoeing for a year or less that know it all. Its nice to see someone that doesn't mind asking for help.

Good o to what Micks said here

alot of folk must get frightened away from here
saying nought and posting the same
you need thick skin as some can be tuff on you at times
good on young mate for ponyen up yeah

this IS a great place to lern and there IS plenty of good folks to help
gotta love this site ay;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 23 Feb 2011 22:21 #13

Don't let Red's kind words fool ya. He's a BUA troll eating OGRE! :D

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

RE:Another mini with poor feet. 24 Feb 2011 13:21 #14

• British Matt
  • Contributing Member
This is a mini I got asked to do a couple of years ago. Very similar feet. It was rescued from gypsies, apparently had been like this all it's life, constantly lame. Not surprising considering the pedal bone fracture and abcess..

I was going to apply an orthotic cuff with IM to allow it to have a flat weight bearing surface, but didn't have the required shoes with me at the time. He walked away just as lame after the trim, but that's hardly surprising. Unfortunately I never got a chance to finish the job as he was kicked by another horse in the field and broke his neck :(

Here is a link to a public album, I can't upload them onto here as I'm working from an iPad.

What would some of you guys done differently if anything?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=126594&id=802929815&l=36650ca5a3

Kunena Birthday Module

• alminc11 birthday is today
  • DABELL24 birthday is today
  • skelemen birthday is today
  • capvieterB8F2 birthday is in 1 day
  • mountaintrailrider birthday is in 1 day
  • sean_the_shoer birthday is in 1 day
  • sweetbranchforge birthday is in 1 day
  • technologie2A68 birthday is in 1 day
  • zaplwiecowiec8 birthday is in 1 day
  • Antionette birthday is in 2 days
  • Awilda Buentello7D5B birthday is in 2 days
  • bennyjoe@shoeforyou.com birthday is in 2 days
  • Mike Wells birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.