make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday January 24, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cut Heel

Cut Heel 07 Jan 2011 21:33 #1

Two year old arab filly halter show horse. Made a Z-bar shoe and stabilized the heel with equilox, kevlar, and a drain.

Gary W. Atchison-Mustang Farrier Service-Hillsboro Texas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Cut Heel 07 Jan 2011 21:36 #2

RE:Cut Heel 08 Jan 2011 00:58 #3

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
Just asking Gary, why the Zbar instead of a straight bar? Do you feel your patch is going to hold the heel in place for 5-6 weeks?
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels

RE:Cut Heel 08 Jan 2011 01:19 #4

hi rj,the zbar is to unload the affected area while while offering support to the rest of the foot.the patch will hopefully keep the new growth growing in the right direction and keep the heel from getting broken off and making things worse.if there are no probems (infection,pulled shoe,etc.) i will reevaluate in 30 days.-gary

RE:Cut Heel 08 Jan 2011 17:51 #5

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Nice job, Gary.

In the very first photo, it looks as though there is scarring at the coronary level and that that is going to create an ongoing problem. After you reduced/removed the unattached wall and before you patched it, did you do any further clean-up/debridement of the area? What follow-up care is the owner supposed to do? Since this is a halter horse, all things being equal, hoe do you plan to shoe her during show season?

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cut Heel 08 Jan 2011 19:28 #6

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I'd vote for total resection of the heel.
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com

RE:Cut Heel 09 Jan 2011 01:41 #7

Rick, I debrided the separated area like I would with a quarter crack, the vet flushed it with a large syringe. I'm not sure what medication he used. He filled the crack with a medication that looked like Corona. I then buffed and heated the affected area and applied the drain and patch. He left directions for the owner/trainers to flush morning and evening. The horse is also receiving injections for infection. The horse is being kept in a stall and the hoof is as seen in the photos, not wrapped up. If healing is 100%, the horse will return to bare hooves. If not, it will get some type of a bar shoe on the fronts with a trim on the hinds. I would appreciate any input you may have that would help me help this horse. Thanks- Gary

RE:Cut Heel 09 Jan 2011 13:52 #8

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Thanks for the update Gary. Sounds/looks like you're quite on top of the situation. Since you have fully unloaded the affected heel, why did you feel it necessary to run a patch across the area? Did you consider adding Equipak to the equation? The only problem with using a bar shoe during show season is that since this is a halter horse, if a judge sees the bar shoe s/he may negatively take that into consideration when placing the class. OTOH, this is an Arabian and in a halter class the judges don't seem to see much below the knee or hock. :eek: :o ;)
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cut Heel 12 Jan 2011 16:34 #9

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Good job.....Done one much like this a bit back... and like Gabino I would op for a full remove of area and I tend to do anything I can to not patch the area and the reason being I find if owner turns horse out muck packs in area then they call them self cleaning it out but never really getting it clean and the muck starts eating away and the issue gets worse... I used a z bar like yours and then took a frog support pad and ran it full like if on a norm shoe.. over the frog support I cut out where z bar could lay flat and not put pressure on sole and frog...then drilled holes in the pad in many spots and at the area where the pad stuck out over the z bar and and right under the damaged heel I drilled many smaller holes...then pack the foot with I.M. soft and tacked shoe on and let the horse stand on it to push out the over amount of I.M. and then mixed up a bit more I.M. and pushed it in between the pad and the bad heel area...I pushed it tight enouch so that the I.M. pushed out the small holes...then ran plastic wrap around heel to toe a few time and then let the I.M set up.....then unwraped it and heated a old knife with a hand torch and ran it right around the heel to cut smooth the I.M.... I found it was a good set up and really good in soft deep footing as it protected the area but left the side open where owner could treat daily and scrub with tooth brush...yours is a very nice set up also and if it ends up like the one I did it grew back and no ill effects..but the one I did was split just a tad below hair line but looks like yours is a tad higher..good luck
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

Kunena Birthday Module

• alminc11 birthday is today
  • DABELL24 birthday is today
  • skelemen birthday is today
  • capvieterB8F2 birthday is in 1 day
  • mountaintrailrider birthday is in 1 day
  • sean_the_shoer birthday is in 1 day
  • sweetbranchforge birthday is in 1 day
  • technologie2A68 birthday is in 1 day
  • zaplwiecowiec8 birthday is in 1 day
  • brianriggs birthday is in 364 days
  • canditemby birthday is in 364 days
  • cwlindauer birthday is in 364 days
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is in 364 days
  • lonestar birthday is in 364 days
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.