make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday January 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Todays Adventure in the Sun!

Todays Adventure in the Sun! 10 Jun 2010 22:39 #1

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
OK, first set of heart bars ever done alone. Al. gc size 7 set with no pressure on the frog. Actually about 1/8 to 3/16" gap. Shoe set back as the toes tend to run forward, squared a bit, and nailed with six nails. Took this horse over from a guy who retired and moved so this set up is his concoction with some tweaks by me. After nailing I filled the open area with sole pack but didn't push it under the frog bar. Hole was drilled in the bar, duct tape around the back of the hoof and vet tech CS squirted in through the hole filling the area under the frog plate, the area behind the hoof and across the back of the bar creating what the other guy called a bumper. Left the sole pac in per Jaye Perry info from his clinic after talking about CYA when you know one is sore. Horse has navicular diagnosis.

Right front was low in the heels and has a heel crack. Bar wedge added and heel floated with same sole pac and CS application.

Hinds get square toes and extended heels. Toes are for break over and keeping from pulling the fronts. I'd say the extended heels are for supporting the back of the foot when the toes run away and the negative plane look takes over. The pics make it look bad to me, the mods could be cleaner and crisper. But, the horse walked back to the stall with no limp and went through the wash/dip in the trail with no hesitation which the owner says is a problem. It's kind of ugly, but it seems to be working. I'll give it a couple of days and check to see if I crippled her or helped her.
Attachments:
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Todays Adventure in the Sun! 10 Jun 2010 22:43 #2

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Hinds feet:
Attachments:
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Todays Adventure in the Sun! 11 Jun 2010 02:15 #3

• chad rice
  • Very Senior Member
Ben, it looks like in the pic of the left front, that the shoe could have come back a little more too me. I am just going by the dish in the dorsal wall, and it looks like some kinda compression crack starting in the lat. toe pillar of that foot. Did you think it coulda come back more?

Sometimes all you can do is all you can do, I didn't see the horse when you started, but she looks to be in good hands now.
Chad Rice, CF

RE:Todays Adventure in the Sun! 11 Jun 2010 02:20 #4

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Setting the toe back without good rads will sometimes place the tip of the heartbar too far back also. If I use a heartbar shoe I demand x-rays. If I use a Myron McClain frog pad or a Castle, then I feel I have some space to fudge.:)
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Todays Adventure in the Sun! 11 Jun 2010 02:25 #5

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Chad, after getting home and looking at the pics I think that shoe can come back a bit more with more of that dish removed. I rasped it back as far as I thought I could, but the pics say different. The crack is not open, it looks like a scar starting at the hair line and growing down. The old shoer said if you don't keep the foot balanced it can and will open up. Good thing is there is a grinder roll in the toe back to the wear bar that will help a little.

I'm going to be back there in a few days and will check up on her. We'll see!;)
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

RE:Todays Adventure in the Sun! 11 Jun 2010 02:31 #6

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Gary Hill wrote:
Setting the toe back without good rads will sometimes place the tip of the heartbar too far back also. If I use a heartbar shoe I demand x-rays. If I use a Myron McClain frog pad or a Castle, then I feel I have some space to fudge.:)

I'd pay good money for rads, but sometimes that ain't going to happen. The tip of the bar came out good at about 3/8" from the tip of the frog and I got the heels covered. That's probably why the shoe is farther forward than it looks like it could be cause I tried to get that right first. The bar has no direct pressure on the frog, it is filled underneath by about 3/16" of vet tech cs. Like I said, this is the other guys set up for this horse and has been working for about 6 months. The mare went back to the stall as good or better than she came out so I can breath for tonight. We'll see what time brings.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

RE:Todays Adventure in the Sun! 11 Jun 2010 02:31 #7

• chad rice
  • Very Senior Member
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
Chad, after getting home and looking at the pics I think that shoe can come back a bit more with more of that dish removed. I rasped it back as far as I thought I could, but the pics say different. The crack is not open, it looks like a scar starting at the hair line and growing down. The old shoer said if you don't keep the foot balanced it can and will open up. Good thing is there is a grinder roll in the toe back to the wear bar that will help a little.

With the packing in the foot I couldn't really tell where the bar was sitting in relationship too the frog, but like Gary said may can't come back any more.

What about just rockering the toe back to inbetween the first and second nail hole?
Chad Rice, CF

RE:Todays Adventure in the Sun! 11 Jun 2010 02:33 #8

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Ben, I was just kinda thinking out loud if ya know what I mean?:o Generic shoes are handy but can get ya in trouble IF you don't get the trim correct....that kinda fits every shoe we nail on don't it?:eek::D Nice job! I am always grinding or repunching or wideing alums. I really don't do well with them in the fire tho, admittly!
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Todays Adventure in the Sun! 11 Jun 2010 02:35 #9

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
chad rice wrote:

With the packing in the foot I couldn't really tell where the bar was sitting in relationship too the frog, but like Gary said may can't come back any more.

What about just rockering the toe back to inbetween the first and second nail hole?

Chad, the rocker might be a good idea. I really didn't want to melt those shoes in the forge. I don't work enough Al. to be real confident yet. But that is something to look at.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

RE:Todays Adventure in the Sun! 11 Jun 2010 02:58 #10

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Gary Hill wrote:
Ben, I was just kinda thinking out loud if ya know what I mean?:o Generic shoes are handy but can get ya in trouble IF you don't get the trim correct....that kinda fits every shoe we nail on don't it?:eek::D Nice job! I am always grinding or repunching or wideing alums. I really don't do well with them in the fire tho, admittly!

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I think I got the trim as good as it gets today and hope to see improvement ove the next couple of visits. Good thing about these GC heart bars is that the bar isn't to long, but the bad thing is it isn't to long. I got it set where I wanted it and had coverage of the heels also so I erred on the side of caution for the first set. I also ain't good in the fire with AL.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Kunena Birthday Module

• GregTrem birthday is today
  • isagenixchallenge6A4A birthday is today
  • mercifulgimmickB72E birthday is today
  • AfflerbachDM birthday is in 1 day
  • CWFarrierSvcs birthday is in 1 day
  • jlthompson birthday is in 1 day
  • SlowShoe birthday is in 1 day
  • temposmom birthday is in 1 day
  • Antionette birthday is in 364 days
  • Awilda Buentello7D5B birthday is in 364 days
  • bennyjoe@shoeforyou.com birthday is in 364 days
  • Mike Wells birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.