make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday August 8, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cluby Hind Foot

Cluby Hind Foot 20 Apr 2010 13:37 #1

I am shoeing this bugger next week, thought I would get some insight. I don't have a lot of experience working with club feet. I have never seen this horse.

Comments form the owner in blue.

"I have a gelding that I just started conditioning to get ready to start running him on barrels. I have used a barefoot trimmer for the past 6 months or so since I spoke with you and thought his feet were looking good. Well we noticed since we started riding him that he didn't want to pick up his right lead, and when he did, he will switch leads in the hind end(cross cantering or crossfiring I think is what some call it). Well I had him worked on my a massage/chiro and he was sore, but after he was worked on he was still having the lead problems. I just noticed on his back right hoof, he has bruising on his sole(see attached picture). I now have his hoof packed with a poultice and wrapped. Not sure what to do next. I believe the cause of the brusing is due to the sole not being level with the hoof wall(so he was walking on his sole on one side and obviously not balanced). What sort of action would you take on a case like this?"

I have been trying to come up with a plan by email.;)

I am figuring on setting the horse up on a deep seated eventer, with a pad/support material.:confused:

I am suspicious with the heals shaved off that clubby foot it has a toe first impact.:(

What do you think?
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 20 Apr 2010 13:43 #2

I forgot, I also may get down there, clean that sole up, cover it in sole-gard (vet tec) and let the horse grow some foot. Looks to me like that hoofwall is shaved down to nothing.
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 20 Apr 2010 16:58 #3

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Looks to me that both hinds have issues. And I'd bet a dollar against a donut hole that you are going to find problems/issues with the front feet too.

Your shoeing protocol is quite reasonable. You might want to consider shoeing the horse with rim pads so that the soles can be treated with Durasole.

Before you begin any work on the horse, do a lameness evaluation including walking and jogging in-hand, circling on the lunge line, and use your hoof testers to evaluate where and how sore he is. Since you know in advance that this horse has problems, take your camera with you and document the horse before, during and after you work on him.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 20 Apr 2010 17:58 #4

Thanks for the input!

I'm thinking your right about the problems in the fronts as well.

Just for the sake of discussion.......

I was thinking of rim pads but.......(you know nothing useful ever comes from a but)

....... with the frog trouble I was hoping to get it more support. I have had some luck with putting Magic cushion in the front 1/3 of the foot and filling the rest with Vet-tec CS.

What do you think?
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 20 Apr 2010 18:43 #5

Post legged?

Ronald Aalders

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 20 Apr 2010 22:45 #6

Hi Ron

I was hoping you would pick up on this one.

I don't know yet, can't really tell from the pics she gave me.

The pasterns seem steep to me.

I asked her for some pics of the legs, and the rest of the horse.
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 20 Apr 2010 23:11 #7

• Luna butte
  • Very Senior Member
i am sure that you weren't planning on having any input from a punk like me, but, he looks to have quite a bit of retained sole to me. i bet those feet grow at least a size after you get him trimmed. also wouldn't an "extra EZ" be a little better shoe choice than an eventer given he will be turning cans?
Justin Hill's Horseshoeing
Goldendale Wa
509-261-1508

http://gorgefarrier.com/

I'm just another guy that play's in a lot of other peoples Poop... for a living I might add

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 20 Apr 2010 23:31 #8

Justin

I wouldn't consider you a punk!

A rookie like me needs all the input I can get.

I sometimes use extra EZ on the hinds of my can chasers depending on how the horse runs.

The girls around here say that shoe leaves the hind end feeling loose. I don't know, I have never ridden a 1D barrel horse.

Its been all I can do to get them away from short shoeing with rims all the way around.

I had a couple that amazingly, we went to eventers and put the support closer to where it needed to be and the sore stifles cleared up.

I'll probably never know on this horse, I just got an email and my price scared her off.

"Ya know the guy down the street charges half as much and knows exactly what he is worth" unknown LOL;)

I would appreciate any discussion on shoeing barrel horse. I only do a handfull.

Most around here wont pay what I charge. We have plenty of shoers around here that will nail keggers on for $55.00 - $75.00.

Not that I don't use lots of keggers. I just shape them before I nail them on.:eek::eek::eek:

I suppose I should be nicer than that, I'm just mad about it today.
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 20 Apr 2010 23:46 #9

• scruggs1
Jason RoTramel wrote:
Most around here wont pay what I charge. We have plenty of shoers around here that will nail keggers on for $55.00 - $75.00.

Jason,
I had one of my long time clients lease her barrel horse out to another lady...stipulation being that only I could do his feet and the owner would still pay me. This new barn/facility is in the lady's back yard...barn is probably 300K, house about 750K, full rodeo arena behind, all the toys everywhere. Lady happens to mention that she is actually looking for a new farrier and asked how much I would charge her. I told her. She said, "OH MY GOD! Well, you won't be getting my barn." I said, "No ma'am. I guess not." :D

Anyway,
Rick Burten wrote:
Before you begin any work on the horse, do a lameness evaluation including walking and jogging in-hand, circling on the lunge line, and use your hoof testers to evaluate where and how sore he is. Since you know in advance that this horse has problems, take your camera with you and document the horse before, during and after you work on him.

This is golden information here...I would also add that you should document and discuss with the owner everything you find...this one looks/sounds like a complimentary lameness ghost chase/train wreck.
Scruggs Farrier Service
John Scruggs, CJF

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 21 Apr 2010 00:09 #10

I probably shouldn't say this but sometimes being one of the most expensive guys in town helps ya dodge a bullet, like on this one.

Notice I didn't say best! LOL:D
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 21 Apr 2010 00:15 #11

I have plenty to learn before I will be a CJF.

But it doesn't take much math to realize charge twice as much do half as many horses, and do the best job you can on every horse, instead of trying to do too many a day.

I have noticed the clients that are serious about getting a quality job don't scare easy with price.

Probably shooting off my mouth too much!!!!!

This just gets frustrating after a while.
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 21 Apr 2010 00:29 #12

• scruggs1
Jason RoTramel wrote:
I have plenty to learn before I will be a CJF.

Not to disappoint or dissuade you, because I think any/all certification is a great opportunity, but once you get it you will realize that your knowledge base is a drop in the sea. Every time I learn something new I get a better appreciation of the vastness of my ignorance...knowledge is sometimes quite humbling.

Jason RoTramel wrote:
But it doesn't take much math to realize charge twice as much do half as many horses, and do the best job you can on every horse, instead of trying to do too many a day.

Easy to realize, harder to affect. I would say I am a 'high average' with regard to price...but thanks to Jaye, I am working on my 'rate increase fortitude.' :D

Jason RoTramel wrote:
I have noticed the clients that are serious about getting a quality job don't scare easy with price.

Yep...and sadly, you won't find many of these clients own rodeo stock...unless you get to NFR level...and then it is not as as bad. It is just a different mentality.
Scruggs Farrier Service
John Scruggs, CJF

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 21 Apr 2010 01:15 #13

I don't know how to quote yet.. but that is cool.

The never ending supply of things to learn is one of my favorite parts of this job. I quit the corporate necktie bit, because I would learn a job then get bored. That and Shoeing has a bit more flexibility for my Preaching habit.

I'm pursuing the CJF first because it is an education goal. Second, I hope it adds a little more credibility to my wanting to shoe horses correctly instead of like bucket shoer, shoeing for beer money.

You know this but, just getting the certifications also doesn't mean people use what they learned.

We have a couple around here that are AFA CF but shoe like cowboys.

Unfortunately, when I started out rode with and learned from a couple of these guys. So I had/have a lot to unlearn.
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 21 Apr 2010 01:16 #14

I am hoping to start moving into cutters and reiners but still lots to learn.
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Cluby Hind Foot 21 Apr 2010 02:00 #15

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Jason RoTramel wrote:
I don't know how to quote yet.. but that is cool.

The never ending supply of things to learn is one of my favorite parts of this job. I quit the corporate necktie bit, because I would learn a job then get bored. That and Shoeing has a bit more flexibility for my Preaching habit.

I'm pursuing the CJF first because it is an education goal. Second, I hope it adds a little more credibility to my wanting to shoe horses correctly instead of like bucket shoer, shoeing for beer money.

You know this but, just getting the certifications also doesn't mean people use what they learned.

We have a couple around here that are AFA CF but shoe like cowboys.

Unfortunately, when I started out rode with and learned from a couple of these guys. So I had/have a lot to unlearn.

Hey now I take offence to your comment about Cowboys, cuz I r one!:mad::D This Cowboy also shod a couple World Champion Cutters and some good reiners too!
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Anthony_Lawrence birthday is today
  • AnzaCowgirl birthday is today
  • Policicchio birthday is today
  • Reyvin_Wolf birthday is today
  • William Thomason birthday is in 1 day
  • colleent birthday is in 363 days
  • JamieMerklin2EFA birthday is in 363 days
  • tailskidwest birthday is in 363 days
  • Bubba Love birthday is in 364 days
  • John Barney birthday is in 364 days
  • Nicoperd birthday is in 364 days
  • Purplexed birthday is in 364 days
  • ZeroTurboCharge birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.