make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Heel Fit and Lenth

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 02 Apr 2010 17:22 #46

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
tbloomer wrote:
Yep. A perfect fit. 75/25

Well Tom, you just gonna talk junk about the last guy or show what it looked like after?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 02 Apr 2010 17:31 #47

• cuttinshoer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
PerformanceHorseshoeing wrote:
Well Tom, you just gonna talk junk about the last guy or show what it looked like after?

He never said if it was before or after. LOL:D
Justin Decker

"As I see it, good enough is never good enough, it's just an excuse for mediocrity. If every shoeing ain't worth your best shot, you're just going through the motions." Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 02 Apr 2010 17:55 #48

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Imagine getting that foot in a competition
and asking the judge can you rough cut

before measuring and he says no:eek::eek:
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 02 Apr 2010 21:52 #49

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
PerformanceHorseshoeing wrote:

Proud sole got chemical debridement.

Barefoot and poulticed for a month.

Between me and the vets, the money ran out.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 02 Apr 2010 21:57 #50

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
yeah its a shame Tom we see it all to often :(
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 02 Apr 2010 23:10 #51

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
smitty88 wrote:
Imagine getting that foot in a competition
and asking the judge can you rough cut

before measuring and he says no:eek::eek:
AND you have to make a toe cap shoe. ;)
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 17 Apr 2010 08:44 #52

• jack-mac
  • Master
Gary_Miller wrote:
Dry arid climate, hoofs are really hard, most horses are trail horses ridden in a rocky environment (they don't call it the rocky mountains for nothing) most of the time those that aren't usually will at one time or another so there is too much chance of catching a shoe under a rock or a tree root. Besides, the heels of the horses hoof don't flex/expand outwards upon loading they flex inwards, so there is really not much need for width/expansion with a strong healthy hoof.
The heels of the horses hoof don't flex/expand outwards upon loading they flex inwards. Is that so, please explain this further , I'm confused as well as bemused by this statement.

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 17 Apr 2010 13:10 #53

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
jack-mac in gray

The heels of the horses hoof don't flex/expand outwards upon loading they flex inwards. (attribute lost)

Is that so, please explain this further , I'm confused as well as bemused by this statement.

Normal growth at the heels is slightly lateral to the hoof's central axis, but normal expansion (actually, elongation) resultant of loading is to the posterior and both lineal and medial.

The hoof contains fluids. Fluids don't compress.

Given the presence of fluids and interaction of hard and elastic structures of the hoof on loading, is the line of least resistance to hydraulic pressure medial or lateral to the hoof's central axis?

When inspecting used shoes (esp. Al), one sometimes finds wear marks on the solar surface of the heels: Are these marks medial to lateral, or lateral to medial? Why is this significant?
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 17 Apr 2010 14:28 #54

• jack-mac
  • Master
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
jack-mac in gray

The heels of the horses hoof don't flex/expand outwards upon loading they flex inwards. (attribute lost)

Is that so, please explain this further , I'm confused as well as bemused by this statement.

Normal growth at the heels is slightly lateral to the hoof's central axis, but normal expansion (actually, elongation) resultant of loading is to the posterior and both lineal and medial.

Given the presence of fluids and interaction of hard and elastic structures of the hoof on loading, is the line of least resistance to hydraulic pressure medial or lateral to the hoof's central axis?

When inspecting used shoes (esp. Al), one sometimes finds wear marks on the solar surface of the heels: Are these marks medial to lateral, or lateral to medial? Why is this significant?
I'll stop you right there Tom. In regards to Fluids , to make a statement that fluids don't compress is to suggest that all fluids are made up of the same chemical property's ,& that they react to temperature identically are of the same atomic weight & will absorbed force "energy" identically. so what fluids are you talking about tom blood ? & what its composition chemically , do you even know the composition of blood Tom do you know its viscosity ?:rolleyes:

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 17 Apr 2010 14:56 #55

• jack-mac
  • Master
By the way i for got to mention fluids can be compressed !!!!!!

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 17 Apr 2010 15:52 #56

• jack-mac
  • Master
The heels of the horses hoof don't flex/expand outwards upon loading they flex inwards. any one that believes this garbage needs to trim a hoof flat, paint it with an ink , place a piece of paper over it and take a print , then re ink it & place a piece of paper on a flat floor & have the horse place it's hoof on it , then measure the two, I thought it couldn't get any sillier then vanishing sand , how wrong was I !!!!!

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 17 Apr 2010 16:22 #57

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
jack-mac in gray, my old stuff in brown, two posts combined, stuff deleted

I'll stop you right there Tom. I regards to Fluids , to make a statement that fluids don't compress is to suggest that all fluids are made up of the same chemical property's ,& that they react to temperature identically are of the same atomic weight & will absorbed force "energy" identically. so what fluids are you talking about tom blood ? & what its composition chemically , do you even know the composition of blood Tom do you know its viscosity ?

Perhaps I should have differentiated between fluids and liquids because both gases and liquids are considered to be fluids. In context, you may assume the incompressible fluids I mentioned are the sum of the liquids contained within the hoof.

Why is this relevant?

Does Pascal's Law ring any bells?

While all fluids are compressible to some extent, liquids are considered to be incompressible because their densities do not change appreciably under pressure.

any one that believes this garbage needs to trim a hoof flat, paint it with an ink , place a piece of paper over it and take a print , then re ink it & place a piece of paper on a flat floor & have the horse place it's hoof on it , then measure the two, I thought it couldn't get any sillier then vanishing sand , how wrong was I !!!

If the circumference of the hoof is measured twice, both times while the horse is standing squarely on a smooth level surface, the measurements will not differ appreciably. If one measures the circumference of the hoof while it's off the ground, then measures it while on the ground, the measurement becomes an apples to oranges comparison that demonstrates only the inability of whomever is doing the measurement to think logically.

Do you really believe the strands of keratinized epithelial cells that comprise the hoof wall at the heel "expand" more than the relatively soft tissue that comprises the bulbs of the heel? Do you know the difference between static and dynamic loading?
Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 17 Apr 2010 17:09 #58

• jack-mac
  • Master
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:

I'll stop you right there Tom. In regards to Fluids , to make a statement that fluids don't compress is to suggest that all fluids are made up of the same chemical property's ,& that they react to temperature identically are of the same atomic weight & will absorbed force "energy" identically. so what fluids are you talking about tom blood ? & what its composition chemically , do you even know the composition of blood Tom do you know its viscosity ?

Perhaps I should have differentiated between fluids and liquids because both gases and liquids are both considered to be fluids. In context, you may assume the incompressible fluids I mentioned are the sum of the liquids contained within the hoof.

Why is this relevant?

While all fluids are compressible to some extent, liquids are considered to be incompressible because their densities do not change appreciably under pressure.
well its good to see you know the difference between liquids & fluids, sorry I had to bring that to your attention wouldn't want anyone being mislead , by theses liquids you mean blood plasma, & by contained within the hoof ,you mean circulates , so what are you driving at Tom , are you supporting the nonsense claim ,The heels of the horses hoof don't flex/expand outwards upon loading they flex inwards, a simple yes or no will suffice.

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 17 Apr 2010 17:30 #59

• jack-mac
  • Master
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:

I'll stop you right there Tom. In regards to Fluids , to make a statement that fluids don't compress is to suggest that all fluids are made up of the same chemical property's ,& that they react to temperature identically are of the same atomic weight & will absorbed force "energy" identically. so what fluids are you talking about tom blood ? & what its composition chemically , do you even know the composition of blood Tom do you know its viscosity ?

Perhaps I should have differentiated between fluids and liquids because both gases and liquids are considered to be fluids. In context, you may assume the incompressible fluids I mentioned are the sum of the liquids contained within the hoof.

Why is this relevant?

any one that believes this garbage needs to trim a hoof flat, paint it with an ink , place a piece of paper over it and take a print , then re ink it & place a piece of paper on a flat floor & have the horse place it's hoof on it , then measure the two, I thought it couldn't get any sillier then vanishing sand , how wrong was I !!!

If the circumference of the hoof is measured twice, both times while the horse is standing squarely on a smooth level surface, the measurements will not differ appreciably. If one measures the circumference of the hoof while it's off the ground, then measures it while on the ground, the measurement becomes an apples to oranges comparison that demonstrates only the inability of whomever is doing the measurement to think logically.

Do you really believe the strands of keratinized epithelial cells that comprise the hoof wall at the heel "expand" more than the relatively soft tissue that comprises the bulbs of the heel? Do you know the difference between static and dynamic loading?
do you lol what do you think that frog's there for Tom , its good looks, its an expansion joint, how do you expect the short pastern to sink in to the hoof capsule if the heels don't expand out wards, the inability to think Logically, I don't think you know what that word logic is Tom iv heard some garbage spoke in my time from young inexperienced farriers but this is close to taking the prize :rolleyes:

RE:Heel Fit and Lenth 17 Apr 2010 17:59 #60

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
jack-mac in gray

Well its good to see you know the difference between liquids & fluids,

As you learned in a previous lesson, both liquids and gases are fluids.

sorry I had to bring that to your attention wouldn't want anyone being mislead , by theses liquids you mean blood plasma,

All liquids, not just "blood plasma."

& by contained within the hoof ,you mean circulates ,

Nossir, contained - as contained within the hoof at any given point in time.

so what are you driving at Tom , are you supporting the nonsense claim ,The heels of the horses hoof don't flex/expand outwards upon loading they flex inwards, a simple yes or no will suffice.

What part of "the hoof expands (elongates) linearly along its central axis, medially, and to the posterior" did you fail to understand? The only way the hoof could expand laterally with reference to its central axis would be for the wall to be less resistant to deformation than the bulbs. Speaking of nonsensical claims, are you attempting to argue that the wall at the heels is somehow more elastic than the bulbs of the heel?

To reiterate: Does Pascal's Law ring any bells?

On the off chance you've ever examined the grooves sometimes worn in shoes on the solar heel surface, was the wear from lateral to medial, or medial to lateral?

Why is the direction of wear significant?

Think! :)
Tom Stovall, CJF

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.