make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday August 8, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fit and Friesians

RE:Fit and Friesians 10 Oct 2009 02:10 #16

• Jim Sweeney
This is a picture from my album that I think Illustrates what Jack is referring to. Someone questioned my fit and why I did not follow the coronet shape a little better. I felt with the under run heel on this horse and the need to ease breakover this was my best chance of getting it done.

I cant find the solar shot of that foot but it is a little like Jay's Freisans and they do similar work as a heavy coaching team.
As a separate side note, and a sad note at that. This team which I have posted my progress on their feet in the past, had a mishap during unhitching and ran away and tried to cross a lake with a large marathon vehicle in tow. the outcome was bad. The owner is one of my closest friends and we enjoyed many nice post shoeing drives together.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Fit and Friesians 10 Oct 2009 07:34 #17

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Jay,
Do you think the feet have gone back a bit since last shoeing
or was it just the nailing and wide fit you did not like

i found with those type horses (F) you always had to take
them down to the good horn and then fit the best you could

it would have been nice to see other views of the shod foot
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Fit and Friesians 10 Oct 2009 13:54 #18

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Jim,

Sorry to hear of that terrible accident. Is your friend OK?

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 00:39 #19

• Jim Sweeney
Rick Burten wrote:
Jim,

Sorry to hear of that terrible accident. Is your friend OK?

Rick

Yes Rick Thanks for asking. He had just dismounted the carriage when one rubbed the bridle off the other and off they went. He managed to stay with them on the ground as they went the length of the barn aisle, but lost them as they exited the barn. Many of us have had close calls with horses, that never turned into anything but a close call. The string of events that led them to that lake over 1/2 mile from the barn was mind boggling. This did not even fall into the **** happens category. Just one of those one in a million tragic events.
Jim Sweeney

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 12:46 #20

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Jay and Jim;

I had the pleasure of seeing these horses hitched and pulling a fancy cart hauling the owners around Shelburne Farm when they were up here.
They stopped at a customers of mine who owns Shires.

Now I have had two farms with Fresians and I have a friend who has a Fresian stallion.
One farm went through a testing called the "kuring" with her "young mare" and would have come away with top mare except she didn't have a foal by her side.
Other wise she did it all and passed.

I shod her with shoe's that fit the foot but were wider so I could bevel the edges and give the mare a wider supported foot. I also worked the shoe's so she would float when in full stride.

(Rick remember the draft I did with beveled shoe's, when you were our clinician a few years back.
You said you really liked the shoes on the draft.
I picked that up from two english shoer's who came over and dids a demonstration at Tufts one year at a big foot conference.)

I do have to say Jay, when I came out of the barn I said to your customers that they had a nice pair of Morgans.
I have never seen anything but black Fresians and these were brown and chunkier than any fresian I had ever worked on.
Their necks also didn't come out of their shoulders like any Fresian I had ever seen.
Your customers looked at me with a disgusted look and then went back to talking with my customer.

For anyone who doesn't know, a Fresian has always been considered a light draft.
They pulled carriages for royalty in Europe for years, if my history is correct.

They were a beautiful looking team, but I still say they were morgans....but what do I know :D

Jay, this time next year I will be sitting in South Carolina permanently.
I am taking two weeks this coming summer and coming down on my Harley to check out area's. Could I stop in and say hello, if you have the time ?
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 18:07 #21

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
smitty88 wrote:

it would have been nice to see other views of the shod foot

Had to go back today and tack on a pulled shoe so I took some more pics of the shod hoof. This is the first shoeing that I could actually see the entire hoof as the feathers had been removed to treat a skin condition.
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 18:15 #22

• smitty88
  • Guru
Thanks for taking the time Jay
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 18:24 #23

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
Smitty,
What do you think of the fit on this guy?

Bruce,
You are always welcome. There is a spare bedroom with your name on it.
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 18:34 #24

• smitty88
  • Guru
Jay,
its looks good from here
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 18:46 #25

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
He looks abit wormy to me, you can see his ribs!:D Neat statue!
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 22:35 #26

• Jim Sweeney
Jay, I just found out today I have a client coming to Southern Pines this winter. She would like me to come down and shoe the horses somewhere between 14 and 16 she said. I would love to meet you and if possible ride along with you for part of a day if time allows. I will be pretty busy but I would make the time. When I last drove down, usually just visited and played around the first day to recover from the 17 hour cruise. They will leave here all set up after the holidays so it will be while before I have to do it.
Jim Sweeney

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 22:59 #27

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
Jim Sweeney wrote:
Jay, I just found out today I have a client coming to Southern Pines this winter. She would like me to come down and shoe the horses somewhere between 14 and 16 she said. I would love to meet you and if possible ride along with you for part of a day if time allows. I will be pretty busy but I would make the time. When I last drove down, usually just visited and played around the first day to recover from the 17 hour cruise. They will leave here all set up after the holidays so it will be while before I have to do it.

Would be great to have you ride along. If you play golf I would have a real treat for you.
Jay Mickle

RE:Fit and Friesians 11 Oct 2009 23:44 #28

• Jim Sweeney
Jay Mickle wrote:
Would be great to have you ride along. If you play golf I would have a real treat for you.

I have played since 3 years old but never got very far because of the great lapses in time between playing. Usually I head over to Annie Oakley and blow through 300 rounds on the sporting clays course. Would love to be able to brag that I played on a great Pinehurst course.
Jim Sweeney

RE:Fit and Friesians 12 Oct 2009 06:46 #29

Thanks Baron! ;)

Ronald Aalders
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Anthony_Lawrence birthday is today
  • AnzaCowgirl birthday is today
  • Policicchio birthday is today
  • Reyvin_Wolf birthday is today
  • William Thomason birthday is in 1 day
  • colleent birthday is in 363 days
  • JamieMerklin2EFA birthday is in 363 days
  • tailskidwest birthday is in 363 days
  • Bubba Love birthday is in 364 days
  • John Barney birthday is in 364 days
  • Nicoperd birthday is in 364 days
  • Purplexed birthday is in 364 days
  • ZeroTurboCharge birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.