make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday January 24, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tips and Tricks

RE:Tips and Tricks 05 Jun 2011 21:01 #106

hi i must change that, wes im in sunny qld
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Tips and Tricks 17 Jun 2011 23:49 #107

I have a NC Tool folding anvil stand.Under the metal tray to the right of the anvil,I put a three inch magnet to deaden the sound.I quickly learned that the top of my tray was now magnetized in that spot.It is the perfect welding magnet, just lay your shoe and insert on that spot and it holds it all together, perfect for tacking up.

RE:Tips and Tricks 13 Jul 2011 01:27 #108

I've used the "Johnsons Paste Wax" for years for polishing feet and it gives them a nice shine.

A few other uses for the paste wax;
I wipe down all the rubber gasket seals on my truck topper in the fall. The melting snow...then refreezing wont stick to the wax, so you wont have a frozen door or worse, tear the gaskets opening the door.

Years ago I had a lot of nails get wet and rust. It was just light rust, but enough to make them tough to drive. I had a old rock tumbler and tumbled them with some medium grit for a day. After I rinsed them off and dried them, I warmed them in the oven inside a large coffee can. When they were warmed to about 150* , I dropped in teaspoon of the paste wax and shook them. Laid them out on an old towel and shook them around to remove the excess wax.Surprisingly they drove like going into butter. Now I keep some nails coated with the wax just for those tough feet.

I used it for lubing my pritchells, but bowl wax seems to be even better for that, so I went back to the bowl wax.

Gary

RE:Tips and Tricks 13 Jul 2011 02:15 #109

I forgot to mention that I wipe the "Johnsons paste wax" on all the door seals of our vehicles in the fall. Just in case we get ice storms.

I ran into something a couple of weeks ago too.
I had two horses to do with the "Equithane pour in pad."
I didn't notice until the night before that I had not even enough of the fabric for one foot let alone 4 feet.

I drove myself nuts all night and the next morning trying to figure what I could use instead. I had tried the "gutter guard webbing" that someone suggested once, but it didn't hold up very long, and I was back each week replacing one pad at a time after 10 days.

I happened to go to a clients place that next morning, still worried about what I could use. That client suggested the material that crafters use for "rug looping"....I think thats the term!!!! The client gave me a piece big enough for the four feet, and it worked great. It did leave the end fibers sticking out like a days growth of beard, but a little flame from a lighter burnt that little bit back even with the shoe.

The material has 1/4 inch holes and the equithane flowed nicely thru it.

With Equithane pad; maybe someone has even a better way to use it.

I went thru some frustration, getting the stuff into the foot and keeping the foot level as it dries.
I finally rested on this method.

After the shoe is on and clinched, I press a foam paper plate onto the bottom of the shoe to get an impression. I cut the pad out of the plate, put one piece of duct tape across the bottom and over the sides of the foot to position it. Then one piece of tape to seal from heel to heel. Now the foot is sealed. Then I can pump in the Equithane until it is up to the heels. Let it dry for one 3 minutes and you can remove the tape and as much of the foam as you can. But, I watched a horse once that I left the foam intact and it was rubbed off before I got the next horse finished. So I guess it wouldn't hurt to leave it on.

Note to all of you;

As of January 1st 2012 all heating pads must have the "Auto Shut off " feature.
I use one in the winter to keep products like equithane easier to get out of the tubes. The new ones will shut off automaticly unless you put pressure on the sensors, or it senses movement. So plugging it in, and walking away, won't work anymore.
I just ordered two without the auto shut off. They are still out there but will be gone soon. I ordered mine from DRUGSTORE.COM
conair heating pad, moist dry, standard size, $14.39

Also try the Curad Extreem Length" bandages and you'll never buy another. We wash our hands, or get them wet so often, ragged edges of a foot tears them off, or just the hard use of our hands, and they are off within the hour.
NOT these, they are about an inch and a half longer, so they wrap over themselves another layer.
These are the bandage that WILL last the day, not an hour or two.
And no....I don't own stock. I just think you'll love them too.

Gary

RE:Tips and Tricks 15 Jul 2011 09:49 #110

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Dogwood Forge wrote:
I've been using Johnsons Paste wax to finish feet with for the last 4 or 5 months. I was looking for something that I could use that would make them look nice, not cost a fortune and not leave the foot all slimmy, and gooped up. I can get a can of paste wax at the local hardware store for nine bucks and the first can lasted me about 3 months. I just put it on with a bit of an old sponge after I get done sanding the feet.

Really? That is so Old School it ain't funny. Probally got a few cans left over that I can sell ya.:rolleyes:

What is old is new again and what is new has been there and done that 25 years or more ago.....

Some people love manual labor!:eek:

RE:Tips and Tricks 15 Jul 2011 10:38 #111

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
Jaye Perry wrote:
Really? That is so Old School it ain't funny. Probally got a few cans left over that I can sell ya.:rolleyes:

What is old is new again and what is new has been there and done that 25 years or more ago.....

Some people love manual labor!:eek:

What do you use Jaye?
Ant.

RE:Tips and Tricks 15 Jul 2011 12:24 #112

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Anthony_Lawrence wrote:
What do you use Jaye?

bUFFY AND A LAQUER

Re: RE:Tips and Tricks 11 May 2012 21:50 #113

Does anyone have any really cool way to get the horse hair out of the velcro straps on shoeing aprons? Thanks.

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

Re: RE:Tips and Tricks 11 May 2012 23:13 #114

• Travis Morgan
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 6
horseshoeguy wrote:
So my hips get to hurting right where my belt from the chaps cross. I have tried a few things. Played with the fit, let the belt out, tightened it up, didn't help. Suspenders were awkward. Wider back support belt helped, but not totally.

I talked to one of my clients who has an embroidery business and I had her sew leather patches onto a pair of Filson Double Tin pants. These are very sturdy pants made of oil finished tin cloth that are water repellent and very durable. I pull the pants on right over my jeans, hook up the suspenders, and I am in business. My back feels great, the pants are very comfortable, and I am dry. The only thing is that they are too warm for spring/summer so I go back to my regular chaps.

A friend of mine had the local saddle maker sew leather patches on his insulated overalls for shoeing in winter. I finally figured out that I have less back strain when I wear relaxed fit jeans instead of cowboy cut wranglers. Makes a huge difference.

I put a magnet on the side of my forge so I'd quit losing track of my tongs, too. I also put an additional magnet on the box to hold my Copenhagen.
Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

Re: RE:Tips and Tricks 12 May 2012 00:01 #115

• Christos Axis
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 12
Western Hill Forge wrote:
Does anyone have any really cool way to get the horse hair out of the velcro straps on shoeing aprons? Thanks.

Regards

Pet shops have small brushes with very fine steel tines,it should clean the velcro easily.
Christos Axis

Re: RE:Tips and Tricks 12 May 2012 00:49 #116

• Travis Morgan
  • Very Senior Member
Dave Whitaker wrote:
Eric Russell wrote:
I put spicy mustard on sore feet. The spices desensitize the foot and keeps the horse going.

Just don't get anywhere near a TWH show where there is a DQP present with that little trick.......... :eek:

Dave

Aren't all of them deaf, ******, and blind?

Re: RE:Tips and Tricks 12 May 2012 00:51 #117

• Travis Morgan
  • Very Senior Member
Rachael Kane wrote:
Yesterday I had some nails that were going rusty, so I sprayed them with wd40. Today they drove so beautifully I was glad I did. I'm thinking this stuff is' the goods' and might start spraying it on hooves for a nice finish. Has anyone done that before? I'm thinking customers might find it odd but it's only fish oil with a perfume added, isn't it?

I have also had issues finding places to hang stuff in the back of the truck. Hooks don't work well. I had some large magnets hanging around and screwed them into the metal frames around the openable windows and now my tongs, pritchels and odd bits to have happy new homes.

Get the "tool holder" magnets. I got a coupla three foot long ones the other day to keep hammers and tongs organized.

Re: RE:Tips and Tricks 12 May 2012 12:00 #118

Christos Axis wrote:
Western Hill Forge wrote:

Regards

Pet shops have small brushes with very fine steel tines,it should clean the velcro easily.

Thanks Christos.

I actually have a bunch of those, I'll give it a try. I'm thinking of one we use on the cats might just do the trick. I don't know why I didn't think of it.

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

Kunena Birthday Module

• alminc11 birthday is today
  • DABELL24 birthday is today
  • skelemen birthday is today
  • capvieterB8F2 birthday is in 1 day
  • mountaintrailrider birthday is in 1 day
  • sean_the_shoer birthday is in 1 day
  • sweetbranchforge birthday is in 1 day
  • technologie2A68 birthday is in 1 day
  • zaplwiecowiec8 birthday is in 1 day
  • Antionette birthday is in 2 days
  • Awilda Buentello7D5B birthday is in 2 days
  • bennyjoe@shoeforyou.com birthday is in 2 days
  • Mike Wells birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.