make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday May 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim?

Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 30 May 2005 16:22 #1

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Anyone ever done this? The owner is requesting the frog be exposed. I want to match the angles, but one foot is seveirly under-run. Im worried that if I cut the plastic degree or wedge pad to a rim pad and rivet the heels it may not be structurly sound enough when the horse is turning tightly. I will not be useing a degree shoe at the owners request. I will be useing kerkheat Triumps clipped. This is the front left foot. Horse will be doing uper level jumpers. What are your thoughts?

Feedback is greatly aprieciated.

Thank you!
Josh
________
Michigan marijuana dispensary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 01 Jun 2005 00:26 #2

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
Hi Josh,

My initial thought is that if the owner knows so much, whay aren't THEY shoeing the horse???

having said that, applying a bar wedge between the shoe and the foot, properly riveted, leaves most of the frog exposed and should be stable enough to not move around.....you could use a dremmel tool to remove about 1/2 of the 'bar' part of the wedge pad along with anything that hangs to the inside of the shoe.....doesnt it seem like the owner is more worried about looks than function?...making it into a true rim wedge makes the chance of failure that much higher especially if they horse is worked a lot

if you cave to the owners request I would put EVERYTHING in writing noting instructions from the owner, etc.......when the S#!* hits the fan, guess who gets the blame?.....if this is just a great client, then I guess you do what you have to do...if they can be persuaded to have a little faith in what you do, then you might press the issue and try to do it your way

I like owner input until it interferes with the well being of the horse for the sake of looking good

just my opinion,

Derin

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 01 Jun 2005 00:41 #3

The problem with wedge rim pads is that the frog is now off of the ground and not bearing weight at all. If the horse needs wedges for low heel or crushed heels, guess what, take away frog pressure and the heels will really get crushed. I would only apply a wedge if I can also apply frog support. If that means rim wedge with hoofpak or dental impression material then that's what they get. I rim wedge with no frog support is only asking for trouble. If you can get enough frog support with a wedge bar pad, then maybe that's enough, but leaving the frog exposed in this situation is dangerous in my opinion. Not to mention that aluminum shoes aren't exactly stable, add to that a wedge rim pad, and you have a recipe for crushed heels. If that's what the owner wants, explain your concerns, if they still want it, take pictures and like Derin said write everything down. Don't let the owner know your taking notes but get it all down. I personally would think about not shoeing the horse at all if my concerns weren't enough to sway the owner. Or I would charge her soo much that she wouldn't call me back anyway.
Why does the owner want wedge pads to begin with?
Dave

Sorry, I just re-read your post and know why you're using wedges
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 02 Jun 2005 23:46 #4

• old heller
  • Contributing Member
Its funny this post is here now as i have been racking by brain as how to give frog support without covering up the sole i am not a fan of anything that cant breath.let us know what you do.

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 03 Jun 2005 04:36 #5

• SlowShoe
  • Master
old heller wrote:
Its funny this post is here now as i have been racking by brain as how to give frog support without covering up the sole i am not a fan of anything that cant breath.let us know what you do.

Well I did her tonight, and it turned out the under-run heel was not nealy as under-run as it looked at a glance... The toe was actually about a half inch longer on the that hoot than the other. So it can out really nice without a degree pad. But I couldnt talk her out of the Aluminiums on the hinds.. ahh well. Thanks for all the input guys! Even though I didnt use this time. =]

Thanks guys!
Josh
________
Bmw 501

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 29 Sep 2006 22:20 #6

Wow, I cannot believe the way some of you feel about your clients. Who is with the horse 24/7? And if the owner has an active roll in their horses career and health than they study about hoof structures and anatomy (any good owner will seek knowledge about these things). If you don't take into account what the owner is telling you, than you are playing a dangerous game. By no means am I saying to disregard your ideas, but don't disregard theirs either!! A GOOD farrier makes EVERYONE happy, the horse, the owner, and himself/herself.

The bar wedge pads are great, and they do allow contact with the frog if applied properly. The pad is flexable and stimulates the frog as it hits the ground. I have had great success with bar wedge pads, and will choose them over egg bar, bar, heart bar shoes, and/or solid bottom pads any day!!

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 30 Sep 2006 00:19 #7

• Donnie Walker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Josh - I make rim wedges out of bar wedge pads and use them in cases where the frog will be in contact with the ground. Properly riveted they will not move. I have several performance horses in these and they remain stable. In cases where frog contact cannot be made I use the new perforated pad developed by EDSS and simply apply impression material in the rear portion of the foot and cut the remainder flush with the inner rim from the frog apex forward, thus exposing the remainder of the sole to air.

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 30 Sep 2006 03:21 #8

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
old heller wrote:
While a bar wedge pad is nice and usually effective, I am rapidly becoming a fan of bar wedge pad with frog prosthesis. Castle makes these pads in two different heel thicknesses and the pad is 'softer' than its incarnation as McClain frog support bar wedge pad. Depending on what I find when I work on the bottom of the hoof, I use either one.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 30 Sep 2006 03:23 #9

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
HorseHelper wrote:
Wow, I cannot believe the way some of you feel about your clients. Who is with the horse 24/7?
Interestingly enough, we farriers are incredulous about the level of TSS* exhibited by fluff bunnies who own horses.

* TSS: Terminal Stable ******ity
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 30 Sep 2006 07:44 #10

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
HorseHelper wrote:
Wow, I cannot believe the way some of you feel about your clients. Who is with the horse 24/7?

The difference would be between the horse or the many horses or the dosens of horses of the client and the thousands of horses the farrier has worked on.
Again we all here get put right by someone who won't sign their name.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 30 Sep 2006 07:52 #11

• SlowShoe
  • Master
This was over a year ago. This was a horse that my father sold and needed shoeing. She wanted AL all the way around front and hind. As farriers we try to do whats right for the horse. Lots of the times the owners are missinformed or just htink they have the righ idea when they dont truely know the mechanics behind it. Thats why WE shoe the horses, not the owners. Allthough opinionated lots of farriers do keep an open mind.

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 30 Sep 2006 08:43 #12

HorseHelper wrote:

Who spend over 20 years or more working with horse's feet, not just the ones attached to your pet but of litterally thousands and thousands? Who spends his life, risking health, with a good chance he won't be able to do his job anymore when he's 60? All that just because he loves to work with horses and work on trouble those horses run into?
HorseHelper wrote:
but don't disregard theirs either!! A GOOD farrier makes EVERYONE happy, the horse, the owner, and himself/herself.

A good shoer makes the horse happy even if that doesn't please the owner or the vet or God himself.
HorseHelper wrote:
The bar wedge pads are great, and they do allow contact with the frog if applied properly. The pad is flexable and stimulates the frog as it hits the ground. I have had great success with bar wedge pads, and will choose them over egg bar, bar, heart bar shoes, and/or solid bottom pads any day!!

Maybe you'd do even a better job when you'd be a little more flexible in choosing what's good for an invidual horse at any one time.

Ronald Aalders

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 30 Sep 2006 10:55 #13

• ray steele
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Josh,

cutting and useing a degree or wedge pad as a rim should you ever need it in the future should not present any problems such as staying in place or being structuraly sound. The other issues brought up here need to be addressed but those are addressed everytime you shoe a horse with or without pads.

Regards

Ray Steele

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 30 Sep 2006 16:15 #14

I shod a DutchWB thursday for the first time and used a wedge. He had a broken axis and generalized heel pain 6 months ago that blocked out abaxially.

Fast forward to today, he's been shod with eggbars and full 2 degree wedges up front and bar wedges out back. He had thrush in the off fore and off hind. Rads looked ok, except for the broken axis, so I made a pair of concave straightbars- 3/8x7/8 for the wider web and reduced weight, set back to mechanically achieve a/p balance.

With the thrush, broken back, and pronounced frog; I applied a 1 deg. bar wedge with the bar cut out to take pressure away from the frog, and to help balance. I then poured in Equipak Copper Sulfate (green) to the foot surface level of the shoe.

On the hinds the bar wedge pads had created an anaerobic environment for thrush, and had crushed the rear half of the frog along with undermining the integrity of the heels. I applied a open shoe w/o pads and instructed the owner how to treat the thrush with Mastititus medication.

When wedging up anything I most likely apply bar wedges, cut out into a rim pad, then offer some kind of support for the sole and frog. Usually Equipak or the like. It works for me, and I don't often wedge horses, but when the situation dictates, I try to do what's right for the horse.

Pics to follow when I'm home and have a chance.
Corey A. Minnick, CJF

RE:Cutting a Degree/wedge pad to rim? 02 Oct 2006 13:09 #15

Here's the straight bar.

Here's the thrush.

The bar wedge cut out to eliminate direct pressure to the frog.
Corey A. Minnick, CJF

Kunena Birthday Module

• davegreen3358399335 birthday is today
  • J.Ravanelli birthday is today
  • lou_pre-farrier birthday is today
  • Melanie Arabsky Ledger birthday is today
  • melissa1991 birthday is today
  • mmhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • pinklauraloz birthday is today
  • cowboyjl birthday is in 1 day
  • rekawice6E18 birthday is in 1 day
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.