make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 20, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: St Croix X-tra

RE:St Croix X-tra 07 Apr 2007 19:18 #31

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
Brian Purrington wrote:
Any input on this.....

I can't say I've ever had that problem with the St. Croix shoes. Usually as the nail holes and shoe wears I'll upsize or downsize the nail to fit the crease and nail hole properly.
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:St Croix X-tra 07 Apr 2007 19:50 #32

Andrew Grimm wrote:
I can't say I've ever had that problem with the St. Croix shoes. Usually as the nail holes and shoe wears I'll upsize or downsize the nail to fit the crease and nail hole properly.

Upsize to fit the hole, and you got too much nail head. Downsize to fit the depth of the crease and you got too small a shank for the hole, is what I've found.
I guess it doesn't matter, I'm not using them anymore. I was just wondering if anyone else found the holes to wear like I did. It is really the only reason I got away from them.
Brian R. Purrington
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 00:31 #33

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Smitty,
I also use Delta as their size is a bit inbetween. i dont think the brand is that important, I think it gets down to personal preference. The same reason there's chocolate and vannilla.
Brian what nails were you using?
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 02:32 #34

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
Brian Purrington wrote:
Upsize to fit the hole, and you got too much nail head. Downsize to fit the depth of the crease and you got too small a shank for the hole, is what I've found.

For most shoes I start with a Capewell SB5. If the shoe wears enough than I'll step up to a Delta 5 Slim Combo. If the toe is very worn than I may use a SB5 or maybe even a 5RN in the toe nails only. If the nail holes get worn past a combo than I might use a RH5 or even a SB6. After that the shoes pretty much worn out.

I don't use St. Croix very much but have a lot in stock that were given to me so I use them from time to time. On some feet I like the penciled heel on the xtra and xtra ez's.
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 10:12 #35

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Bill Adams wrote:
Smitty,
I also use Delta as their size is a bit inbetween. i dont think the brand is that important, I think it gets down to personal preference. The same reason there's chocolate and vannilla.
Brian what nails were you using?
Bill

Bill,
brands never won me over
never seen a Delta shoe as i mention now and again

we dont get a great selection of anything over here
im very fussy with nail-holes and clips

i very seldom reset shoes
i think i have put on 10 sets of St Croix ever
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 11:16 #36

Andrew Grimm wrote:
For most shoes I start with a Capewell SB5. If the shoe wears enough than I'll step up to a Delta 5 Slim Combo. If the toe is very worn than I may use a SB5 or maybe even a 5RN in the toe nails only. If the nail holes get worn past a combo than I might use a RH5 or even a SB6. After that the shoes pretty much worn out.

I don't use St. Croix very much but have a lot in stock that were given to me so I use them from time to time. On some feet I like the penciled heel on the xtra and xtra ez's.

You dont think there was too much nail head hangin out......? After one or two resets the toes wear thinner and just about any "5" nail is too much head. The crease was always too shallow for my taste anyway. I was using capewells also.... and tried the same as you,to fit the situation. Got tired of having to mix nails.

On a side note, I went to eventers and found the hole to not wear as much, and when the toe got thin you could use a sb 4.5 and the shank was still fitting within reason.

I'm currently switching to Kerchaert shoes, 'cus I've found the st croix's to be softer steel. (real "gummy" when drill and tapped, "twisty" when shaping hot and wearing out too fast) I really like the kerchaert pattern. The classsic roller is a really stout shoe, Sx 8's for the hinds and mustad mx50's to drive. Seems to be working out well for me.

When you gonna have time to get away? Maybe we'll ride out together a day or two.....
Brian R. Purrington
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 12:10 #37

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Interesting. I've used Eventers ever since they came available and don't seem to have near the problems you guys have had. When I have a horse that is really wearing the shoe hard, I just quench it when I'm shaping it and it hardens the shoe up enough to extend the wear life suitably. I usually start with Australian 5 Slims in the smaller shoes and a Capewell 6 Slim in the larger sizes. I've got a lot of the old Anvil Brand 5 City nails and they really work well at reset. Most of the time I use a 'lighter ' nail in the toe anyway, and I'm finding the 5 Slim from Vector or a Delta nail to really work well. Since I re-work the heels on about every shoe, I really like the heels on the Eventers/EZ's, etc and with the new "V" fullering that is coming available, the shoe has done nothing but get better. YMMV.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 12:21 #38

Rick Burten wrote:
Interesting. I've used Eventers ever since they came available and don't seem to have near the problems you guys have had. When I have a horse that is really wearing the shoe hard, I just quench it when I'm shaping it and it hardens the shoe up enough to extend the wear life suitably. I usually start with Australian 5 Slims in the smaller shoes and a Capewell 6 Slim in the larger sizes. I've got a lot of the old Anvil Brand 5 City nails and they really work well at reset. Most of the time I use a 'lighter ' nail in the toe anyway, and I'm finding the 5 Slim from Vector or a Delta nail to really work well. Since I re-work the heels on about every shoe, I really like the heels on the Eventers/EZ's, etc and with the new "V" fullering that is coming available, the shoe has done nothing but get better. YMMV.

Rick

Oh.... New "V" fullering? When is that going to be available. I hadn't heard of that yet. I'd be interested to see it. As to hardness, I quench all my shoes... I hot fit everything. I know it hardens the shoe, but nevertheless they still seem to be wearing faster than normal. (what I was used to in 2005) I like the design of the eventer....

PS, I like the vector nails as well, but they seem to be in limited supply at the moment. (unless you mail order and ground ship.)
Brian R. Purrington
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 12:45 #39

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I'd be interested in hearing what some of you like so much about the eventers. I haven't used many and haven't really "developed a tast" for them but maybe I'm missing something.

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 12:53 #40

I do alot of H/J's and the shoe is versitile. The sort of "half round shape" is very easy to conform/forge into many different situations. The heels have a heel "block" for drilling, tapping, drilltex, driveins etc... Also you can go to a size larger and do an extended heel for a hind foot very easily. The crease/fuller is deep and well proportioned to the shoe.

Just my observations....
Brian R. Purrington
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 13:39 #41

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Brian Purrington wrote:
On a side note, I went to eventers and found the hole to not wear as much, and when the toe got thin you could use a sb 4.5 and the shank was still fitting within reason.
I bet it's 'cause your breakover is back and you've lessened the strain on the shoe.
I noticed that when I got better at balancing the foot I lost fewer shoes and that they wear evenly, not the thin toe.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 17:46 #42

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
Brian Purrington]You dont think there was too much nail head hangin out......?

No, if I drove a nail and found the head is to large than I'll redrive a smaller nail.
After one or two resets the toes wear thinner and just about any "5" nail is too much head.

If the shoe is so worn that I can't fit a SB 4.5, CH 4.5, or a RN5 than it's probably time to shape a new shoe.
The crease was always too shallow for my taste anyway. I was using capewells also.... and tried the same as you,to fit the situation. Got tired of having to mix nails.

I agree,Mix matching nails is a pain. I have 3 nail tins in my box at all times and about 4 more empty ones in my truck. For the most part I only use 2 types of nails wrote:
When you gonna have time to get away? Maybe we'll ride out together a day or two.....

With the way my schedule is now; it might be awhile. I will however be at the MFA clinic at Tater's on April 14th. Maybe I'll see you there.

I'd enjoy the company.
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:St Croix X-tra 08 Apr 2007 17:49 #43

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
Brian Purrington wrote:
The classsic roller is a really stout shoe,........

Brian, I love this shoe. Do you get these locally?
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:St Croix X-tra 09 Apr 2007 00:47 #44

Bill Adams wrote:
I bet it's 'cause your breakover is back and you've lessened the strain on the shoe.
I noticed that when I got better at balancing the foot I lost fewer shoes and that they wear evenly, not the thin toe.
Bill

Probably true.... I did start "getting it" around the same time....
Brian R. Purrington
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:St Croix X-tra 09 Apr 2007 00:53 #45

Andrew Grimm wrote:
Brian, I love this shoe. Do you get these locally?

No The supplier is in New Jersy I talked to Amsterdam up in PA and they have them on order. I'll be going up to get some more soon... Wanna tag along or have me get you some?

Here's some links....

http://www.montagueblacksmith.com/

http://www.kerckhaert.com/php/horseshoe.php?id=63&group=110
Brian R. Purrington
www.wellshodhorses.com

Kunena Birthday Module

• filmbak62F7 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is today
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 1 day
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 1 day
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 2 days
  • milly7i0726 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.