make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday July 4, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Certification Shoe Fit

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 26 Feb 2007 19:14 #31

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
danverschild wrote:
I do want the candidate to go over the horse and point things out, telling me what he perceives as problems and potential problems in meeting the objective.
'nuther words, don't be shy, speak up, and make sure your score accounts for stuff that you can't control.

I've often wondered how many folks would score better if they had the self confidence to point out foot problems and insist that the tester made a note of it on the score sheet BEFORE the clock starts.

Speaking of the clock, when you've got a lot of flares to dress down, that can really eat up a lot of your time. Sometimes the best thing a test candidate can do is say, "I want a different horse for the test." There can be a huge time advantage if you get lucky and draw a horse what has been well shod and well maintained.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 26 Feb 2007 20:54 #32

• FIVESTAR
Smitty,

Beautiful job!!! I've not worked with concave alot but it looks like it would be efficient stock to keep in the truck. Very nice....

Tbloomer,

I would like to add a huge "AMEN" to your post. I spend the beginning of each certification telling the candidates the exact same thing. The Examiners and testers are there to help them succeed and not fail so they need to speak up and not be shy. The candidates deserve every opportunity to put forth their best work.

Dusty

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 26 Feb 2007 21:08 #33

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Danvers, thanks for the answer. I only mentioned Dusty because it was his post that said what I was asking about. It was really a question for all that could answer.

So what your telling me is that during the trim section a testee can dress the hoof wall as long as they make the wall even in thickness all the way around, even if that leaves some flare? Now, if I accept a horse with a bad flare, proceed with the shoeing because I feel I can work around it and make things work, and in the process find I have made an error in judgment, can I confer with the tester, explain the problem with the flare, and then proceed with the perimiter fit as long as I figure this out soon enough to leave uniform wall thickness? If I don't stop soon enough and thin the wall a little to much, will I be stopped?

Ok, enough questions for now, I think I will just pray for a good foted well shod horse and go from there.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 27 Feb 2007 00:04 #34

• FIVESTAR
BS--

Don't make the test harder than it really is. Just do a good basic trim and make sure to fit the foot that you trim and you will do fine... Don't try to do too much....

The big picture is to communicate with your tester or Examiner with what you see and what you intend to accomplish.

Good luck and let us know your progress...

Dusty

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 27 Feb 2007 01:12 #35

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
one point that I think is often overlooked (or under-stated) in discussing the trim for the certification, is to leave enough foot, especially if you plan to hot fit the shoes....

you may lose a point on the trim if the tester feels you could have taken more, but they will damn sure stop you if you trim them too short

error on the side of leaving a tad too much

just my $.02

Derin, CF

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 27 Feb 2007 01:42 #36

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Dusty, I'm not trying to make it to hard, just asking for the sake of clarification. I can and will ask for a different horse if the one given isn't conducive to the work required for the test. From what I hear, that would have to be a pretty poor footed horse, so no worries. I plan on attending a pre cert clinic in Phoenix on March 17 and then go to a certification up there in April. I will let ya'll know how things turn out.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 27 Feb 2007 04:45 #37

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
I feel the worst footed horse would be the better test of skills? As the AFA claims that the test is only to see if you can shoe to a standard basic foot, why not up the anty and go for what you will deal with on a daily basis? JMO, Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 27 Feb 2007 05:08 #38

• FIVESTAR
Ben,

I'm glad to hear that you are going to a pre-cert clinic before a certification. I wish more candidates would take your approach and spend the time to educate themselves on the process before they attend a certification. It will save you a lot of time and money in the long run. If I can help you in any way, please feel free to ask...

Dusty

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 27 Feb 2007 06:10 #39

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Thanks Dusty, you could come to Arizona and give me a personal forging session for a couple of days. Just kidding. I have a couple of guys here that are helping me, I just need to find more time to get with them. I may have some more pertinant questions later after the pre cert. I have been studying everything I can from the books everyone here has mentioned over the last couple of years and have some guys emailing me questions on a regular basis for me to look up and answer back. It's been very helpful. I really just need to practice in the forge cause that is my weak point right now. I am trying to practice 3 to 4 nights per week, but some times it doesn't go as planned. Thanks for the help.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 28 Feb 2007 04:54 #40

• Donald Ruff
Ben,
The best way I have found to get in the shop is to do it. Things come up and it gets put on the back burner.

Heres what i did to remedy this problem for myself.

I have my shop set up in the back part of my garage. Yes I park my shoeing rig in a garage :rolleyes:. SO after I back my rig into the gargae I fire up my forge and make my phone calls and forge my little tail off until my wife yells at me :D . SOmedays I get carried away and it's past midnight until I get into the house.

It seems to work great for me.

Another reason for me to get in the shop is to be able to work on my new shop anvil. I love it!!! Just got it yesterday.

Don
Knowledge is Patience and Patience is Knowledge
Slow is Fast and Fast is Slow

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 28 Feb 2007 05:22 #41

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Thanks Don. That's just the set up I have. Back in to the garage, open the truck and ... Then my wife leaves for work and my second job as the evening Mr. Mom begins. If I can get homework, chores, feeding and cleaning up after horses, and dinner for tree kids done, then I can go back to the garage and practice. If it's not to late so the kids next door are not in bed for school the next day I will fire up and go.

The other problem I have is that practice doesn't help if your not doing it right, and with the very little teaching I have had in this area, it is very frustrating how much time and steel a person can run through before they figure things out. I have some people that are helping and teaching me some things now and some that have offered to help more in the near future. So, I will trudge on and do everything I can to get better and see where I get by the time the test comes up.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 28 Feb 2007 05:32 #42

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Ben, do you work your shoes in the fire during your work day? I have a local guy that rides with me one or two days aweek and the main reason is he wants to learn how to shape hot. He will not heat shoes during the day when he is alone because he wants to get the horses done? He pulls and cleans up shoes for me and clinches so we work well together and gives me time to show him. Doing it over and over is the way I learned after school because all the old F A R T shoers back then were afraid to show you anything? Like you'd steal their business or something I guess?
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 28 Feb 2007 06:35 #43

• Donald Ruff
Kids and horses to take care of. :eek: I have no kids. However we have plenty of horses and chores to do. My wife is a trainer and we have over 20 head here at the farm. I feel your pain. Not to mention the tack store we will be opening this Friday.

I will not tell you how much steel I have torutred and will continue to ******* on my way to get things figured out. Every now and then I have shoe that turns out well and it goes into the truck and I use it when I can.

There are 3 certs coming up this year within driving distance. I plan on going to one of them. Or all three if I have to. Then I'll look for more if I have to.

I am new to this trade as well. I like putting my work in front of others to comb over it. Be it trimming, forging or nailing and finishing. It is all useful.

Post some work Ben. There are allot of really good guys here on the forum that will help you out.

Don
Knowledge is Patience and Patience is Knowledge
Slow is Fast and Fast is Slow

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 28 Feb 2007 13:45 #44

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64

Dusty,
here is one i done today is this the type of hind fit
your talking about
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 28 Feb 2007 13:51 #45

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64

same horse different view
used a kerkart 1 century
just shaped the toe to suit the foot the toes on the kerkart
can be a bit square
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

Kunena Birthday Module

• Doo Hume birthday is today
  • Foxfire123 birthday is today
  • Issac Maez birthday is today
  • NeliaShott birthday is today
  • Rockinanvil birthday is today
  • Txfarrier birthday is today
  • edie4ABF birthday is in 1 day
  • eldon8duffy birthday is in 1 day
  • DavidinGA birthday is in 363 days
  • Brazilian Farrier birthday is in 364 days
  • joplin_18_wren birthday is in 364 days
  • kbrooks1110 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.