make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday July 4, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Certification Shoe Fit

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 02:23 #16

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Dusty,
I'm sure a few people here most especially Mr Stovall will look upon what I'm going to say as a cheap shot. It's not intended to be but if they take it that way then so be it.

I have seen heel length as a good all around catch 22 situation. Many guys have been stopped over heel length. What is ok with one tester is not with another and so on.

We can all agree that it should cover the buttresses but how much after that? 1/2"? 3/4"? what? Seemed to depend often on personal whims and moods. (Ok get ready guys here it comes) This was the singular best way that if somebody didnt want you to pass that test you wouldn't.(You can quote me on that one)

Now, it would appear to the casual observer that this A,B,orC thing is an attempt at trying to fix this problem without having to admit that there is a problem.

I have my doubts that it will help much as it seems to add to the confusion and create one more thing to argue about.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 02:37 #17

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
Rick Burten wrote:
Why? Shouldn't a candidate for either the CF or CTF credential possess the requisite knowledge, skill and ability to make a decision on heel fit and then be able to actually implement it?

Why? Because most canidates taking the test use pre made shoes and unless you have a shoe that fits perfectly for the fit you specify than one must either stetch the branche/s or choose a larger shoe and cut off the heel/s which takes more time. Should one know how to do this? Yes. Does that require a higher level of competence? Yes. I guess I feel that maybe there's room for exception for someone taking the CF test. There should absolutley be no excuses for heel length and expansion for one taking the CJF test because your cutting the appropriate length of stock to fit the foot with the fit you specify.
This is just a personal opinion I have. On one side I understand where your coming from and on the other side I know how I felt when taking the CF test and worrying about weather the shoe I picked was going to fit properly for the fit I specified or not. Not that I couldn't and didn't know how to do it but having to do it under the gun was nerveracking. If I were making a handmade shoe than I wouldn't have to worry about because I cut the appropriate lenght of stock. I thought this might be more suited for someone taking the CJF test.

Seems to me that we are trying to promote competence not incompetence.

Rick

We should be.
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 02:45 #18

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
FIVESTAR wrote:

you have to remember that once you tell the tester or Examiner what type of fit you are going to apply, you will be judged to that standard.

Dusty

And you will be stopped if the fit is not what you specify. I got stopped once because my fit was not what I'd specified. The shoe did cover the heel but was not the length I specified therefore the test was stopped. I'm not sure that was worth getting stopped over becuase the shoe was nailable. I picked my head up, practiced and got it right the next time and passed the CF exam but I'm still entitled to my opinions.
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 03:17 #19

• FIVESTAR
Andrew,

I'm glad you stayed with it and got your CF. Your story proves true that the system does indeed work...

I didn't intend for this thread to be a he said/she said topic but one to help those trying to succeed in passing their practical in certification. I would hope that all of us that did work hard, put our nose down and "git r done" would want to explain to those following in their paths that the process of learning what we learn to pass the test is well worth the journey. Let's be positive to those working towards their CF and CJF... If at first you don't succeed.......

Dusty

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 03:39 #20

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
FIVESTAR wrote:

I didn't intend for this thread to be a he said/she said topic but one to help those trying to succeed in passing their practical in certification. Let's be positive to those working towards their CF and CJF... If at first you don't succeed.......

Dusty

Dusty,
My apologies; I didn't mean to start taking this thread in another direction.
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 03:41 #21

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Dusty, on the fit as you were explaining it, it should be perimiter before the finish and clinching is done. So, if the foot had a lateral toe flare, is it ok to rasp the flare off, then perimiter fit the shoe as it should be? I guess what I'm asking is can the front and sides of the hoof wall be dressed before the shoe fit is done to get the walls straight? And then fit the shoe to the perimiter as prescribed, or do we have to perimiter fit to the flare? Just asking as I have not taken the test yet but will be in April. Trying to get all the info possible. Thanks
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 05:31 #22

George Geist wrote:
I have seen heel length as a good all around catch 22 situation. Many guys have been stopped over heel length. What is ok with one tester is not with another and so on.

We can all agree that it should cover the buttresses but how much after that? 1/2"? 3/4"? what? Seemed to depend often on personal whims and moods. (Ok get ready guys here it comes) This was the singular best way that if somebody didnt want you to pass that test you wouldn't.(You can quote me on that one)
It's pretty straightforward. It's stated on page 43 of the AFA publication, Farrier Certification Program,

The correct length varies with hoof conformation...
a. An upright or club foot is fit with length equal to the width of a dime (1/16")
b. A normal, balanced foot is fit with length equal to the width of two dimes (1/8")
c. An under-run foot is fit with length equal to the width of three dimes (3/16")

Note: If a candidate does not declare an a,b, or c fit, the Tester is to assume that the candidate is fitting to the b (or "normal") standard--regardless of the Tester's personal assessment of the foot type.

This information is unchanged from the previous publication (Certification Study Guide) where it appears on page 45.
George Geist wrote:
Now, it would appear to the casual observer that this A,B,orC thing is an attempt at trying to fix this problem without having to admit that there is a problem.
No matter what the "appearance," the reason for the inclusion of the "A, B, or C thing" was that the Certification Committee was attempting to address complaints about the test not allowing the candidate to address different foot types and needs. Traditionally, the three things that most often get complained about are perimeter fit, amount of expansion, and amount of length. The committee decided that it would not make exception concerning the perimeter fit; however, they introduced the A, B, and C fits for expansion and length.

My personal observation of the reception to the change is that nobody appears to have embraced it and said anything about how nice it was that the Certification Committee listened to and responded to complaints; instead my feeling is that, as you indicate, "it seems to add to the confusion and create one more thing to argue about."

Ultimately, you're going to have a small percentage of people who are going to voice complaints (often publicly and often loudly) about the test no matter what you do.
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
http://www.foxtailforge.com

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than...

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 06:36 #23

BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
if the foot had a lateral toe flare, is it ok to rasp the flare off, then perimiter fit the shoe as it should be? I guess what I'm asking is can the front and sides of the hoof wall be dressed before the shoe fit is done to get the walls straight? And then fit the shoe to the perimiter as prescribed, or do we have to perimiter fit to the flare?
kinda hesitant on this, as you're addressing it specifically to Dusty, but I'm sure he'll step in and add to this if necessary....

If the foot has a lateral toe flare, it's probably something you've already lost points for in the "Hoof Preparation" section of the test. You're expected to address flaring in your trim. It gets covered in A/P balance, M/L balance, and Hoof Wall Dressing & Edges. Overall, you pretty much end up using hoof wall thickness as your guide.

If you've got severe distortions, you're not going to be able to address them aggressively in the way you might in your daily work, but you're going to do what you can to improve on them without thinning the wall or creating problems.

In the end, you might be placed in a situation where you will fit more flare than you would in your daily practice, but you're not going to simply leave a flare and fit to the distortion.
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 08:03 #24

• FIVESTAR
Very well said Danvers... And good luck on your CJF Andrew...

Dusty

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 09:42 #25

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
George Geist wrote:
Hey Smitty,
The test their talking about IS the British WCF test. The AFA took their test and scoring procedure and use it virtually unchanged.

Does Ireland have such a testing? If they have one is it required by law?

Just wondering.
George

George,
when i was doing my appenticeship we trained in Hereford
college England and Ireland

we sat our exam in Ireland

RF (Bngc)MF(IMFA)

at the moment we have a 4 year apprenticeship
if you pass that your a MF (IMFA)
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 15:14 #26

• smitty88
  • Guru
Dusty,
any more perimeter fits to look at
i dident get to use my camera this week

will have somthing next week
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 15:43 #27

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
FIVESTAR wrote:
And good luck on your CJF Andrew...

Dusty

Thank you Dusty; I'm working on it.
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 15:50 #28

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
danverschild wrote:
kinda hesitant on this, as you're addressing it specifically to Dusty, but I'm sure he'll step in and add to this if necessary....

If the foot has a lateral toe flare, it's probably something you've already lost points for in the "Hoof Preparation" section of the test. You're expected to address flaring in your trim. It gets covered in A/P balance, M/L balance, and Hoof Wall Dressing & Edges. Overall, you pretty much end up using hoof wall thickness as your guide.

If you've got severe distortions, you're not going to be able to address them aggressively in the way you might in your daily work, but you're going to do what you can to improve on them without thinning the wall or creating problems.

In the end, you might be placed in a situation where you will fit more flare than you would in your daily practice, but you're not going to simply leave a flare and fit to the distortion.

And correct me if I'm wrong but if one's ever in doubt about how a diificult foot should be fit then he or she should ask the examiner how he want's it fit. An example would be if you had a foot that the medial quarter and heel was rolled towards the frog. One might ask the examiner weather he would like it fit to the wall with the appropriate heel lenght and expansion or to fit the shoe in a fashion that would support the rolled under, crushed heel.
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 25 Feb 2007 18:18 #29

Andrew Grimm wrote:
And correct me if I'm wrong but if one's ever in doubt about how a diificult foot should be fit then he or she should ask the examiner how he want's it fit. An example would be if you had a foot that the medial quarter and heel was rolled towards the frog. One might ask the examiner weather he would like it fit to the wall with the appropriate heel lenght and expansion or to fit the shoe in a fashion that would support the rolled under, crushed heel.

kinda sorta...

If a candidate simply poses the question, "What should I do here?"... I pretty much won't tell him anything. But if a candidate gives me several plans of approach that he might use, I'll discuss the pros and cons of those approaches with him in a general manner. I still won't tell him what to do, but I'll answer his specific questions and make references to how the particular situation fits in with the exam and the scoring system.

It's a difficult rope to walk. The candidate is supposed to have familiarized himself with the exam and the scoring system enough make his own judgement calls once there's a horse in front of him.

I do want the candidate to go over the horse and point things out, telling me what he perceives as problems and potential problems in meeting the objective. But there's a huge difference between his asking me "What should I do with that flare? and telling me "I've got a big flare here, that I'm not going to be able to completely address in the trim. I'm thinking that I will probably do X, but I could also do Y. Which one is my better choice?"

Basically, I try really hard to be helpful, but I try really hard not to be directive. I suppose other Testers approach it differently, and this probably IS one of those areas where we lack consistency.
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

RE:Certification Shoe Fit 26 Feb 2007 17:14 #30

• smitty88
  • Guru

Dusty,
got a chance to bash out a pair of hinds off the hammer 15 mins
happy enough with the perimeter fit you were looking for

my camera had one shot left card was full holidays pics
if i deleted them i was done for

try get a chance to make another pair i need the practice
rusty as hell

the section was 7/8 x 1/2
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

Kunena Birthday Module

• Doo Hume birthday is today
  • Foxfire123 birthday is today
  • Issac Maez birthday is today
  • NeliaShott birthday is today
  • Rockinanvil birthday is today
  • Txfarrier birthday is today
  • edie4ABF birthday is in 1 day
  • eldon8duffy birthday is in 1 day
  • DavidinGA birthday is in 363 days
  • Brazilian Farrier birthday is in 364 days
  • joplin_18_wren birthday is in 364 days
  • kbrooks1110 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.