make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 21, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modifying Machine Shoes

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 19 Mar 2007 23:54 #166

Rick Burten wrote:
Phil Armitage wrote:
Here is what I did for my buddy's Haflinger that he uses for logging. Ground is very muddy and needed traction. Welded the calks and toe grabs useing 3/4" barstock. Ground them down to 1/2".
Why didn't you forge the stock to the proper dimensions?
Why a sticker on one heel and a jar calk on the other? Will the jar calk give the traction a logger needs?

Do you feel you adequately addressed that clubby left front? Do you think your third nail on the right front lateral is a bit far back? Otherwise, looks pretty nice.

rick

Well this is all new to me, so we copied what an ole veteran logger does with his draft horses. The idea behind the posistion of the medial calks is to safe that calk so hopefully he won't step on himself.

Not sure what you mean by forgeing stock to proper demension? If you mean why didnt I handmake the shoes, the answer is because I can't yet. So I used SX-8 and welded the pieces on. We could have purchased pre-made shoes at Meaders, I didnt like the options available and he needed to get to work with this horse by the beggening of this week. Definately open to any suggestions. Another buddy of mine is going to help me handmake the next set.

His feet were a mess when he first got this horse, flat soles and stretched white line in the toe big time. They are getting into better shape than what the were last summer. Concavity to the soles now, better frogs and the dishing in the toe is an improvement, side clips allows me to set the shoes back a little. I had winter shoes with ice studs on him, but not enough traction when pulling now that it is muddy in the woods, falling to his knees when he pulls a load.

I think the nail your talking about is on the RH. I have 4 nails on the lateral side because the third nail back went into a crack.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 20 Mar 2007 02:58 #167

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Horses working in mud realy like their shoes , especialy with clips, burned on. It realy keeps them on.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 20 Mar 2007 13:17 #168

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Phil Armitage wrote:
Not sure what you mean by forgeing stock to proper demension?
You said: "Welded the calks and toe grabs useing 3/4" barstock. Ground them down to 1/2"."

I just wondered why you didn't work the barstock down to the 1/2 inch dimension rather than grinding it down.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 20 Mar 2007 16:42 #169

Rick Burten wrote:
You said: "Welded the calks and toe grabs useing 3/4" barstock. Ground them down to 1/2"."

I just wondered why you didn't work the barstock down to the 1/2 inch dimension rather than grinding it down.

Rick

Oh, got it now!!

We were thinking of giveing him 3/4" calks and grabs, this is what a lot of guys do. I got chicken, because it looked like too much for him. So I ended up grinding them down to 1/2". My buddy should be out pulling today, so I will hear by the end of the day if it worked.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 21 Mar 2007 05:21 #170

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
OK, see any improvements?

Front Rolled Toe, hard to see roll but trying to compare to front with toe clip to follow.

Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 21 Mar 2007 05:23 #171

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Square toes, hind shape, one with trailer, one with extensions. Any better than last time?

Thanks for your time and input. :)
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 21 Mar 2007 12:22 #172

Hi Ben,
The trailer does look better. You could try this trick, it may help define your corners. Heat the toe region to a nice forging temp, then quench both branches up to the point you are going to start your square toe. Grasping the toe of the shoein the center , push your shoe at at the place your corner is going to start against the tip of your horn keeping your branch parralel to the line of the horn: strike a blow just beyond the horn straight down to set a corner. You will not need to hit it hard. Flip the shoe and do the same on the other side. Creating a straight leading edge is simple. Hold the shoe just below the start of your corner with your togs at a ninetey degree angle, then hook the corner ****hest from you right into the tip of the anvil and pull towards you. When you feel it lock and making sure the leadibng edge of the shoe is parralel to the horn, strike down between the tip of your horn and your tongs. Reverse the shoe and repeat...instant square toe.
Also, I would use different keg shoes for your "turn in" display.... An SSP is a decent keg shoe, offset a bit lateraly and it would be very easy to square toe. In fact, it will be more difficult to make a radius toe for your non square toe hind. Another choice might be the Delta WS (sometimes called a Werkman SPecial) they are also unclipped, offset in left and rights. They do not have any markings on the ground side, so will look more pleasing. Putting a little better fade into the fullering also gives both these shoes a ***ier look. Another nice keg shoe is the Crothers concave. Any of these shoes will give your display more of a proffesional feel and appearence.
Remember, the foot side of all your extensions should be faded from the bearing point to the ground to limit the possibility of them being pulled.
When I made mine (has it been eight years since I took the CF test already!? :o ) I made the bar shoe first, seated it out heel to heel and put a pad on it. I then fit all my front shoes to the foot side of the pad shoe. This is a simple cheat to keep your sizings correct.
Jeff Holder showed me a neet trick last fall for quick bar shoes; use long heels. Then you can just match your shoe size to the long heel size and you should have an easy time matching up your shoes.
Hope some of that helps,
Jason Maki CJF
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 21 Mar 2007 12:59 #173

Ben,

You Rock!! Leaps and bounds above your previously posted mods.... Jason's given you good advice on all, especially on shoe selection. I just did a pre-cert clinic in TN last week and had all of the guys use Kerk. Standards for their mods--non-patterned shoes so they worked on their patterns as well as on their mods and a decent heel so the extensions don't fade out.

Good Stuff and Good on Ya!
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
http://www.foxtailforge.com

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than...

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 21 Mar 2007 18:19 #174

Ben,
Here is a square toe with trailer from an SSP size 1. Make sure you blow out the toe, or it will look really flimsy. Hope this helps.When my propane thaws I'll make an extended heel shoe from a werkman (Delta ws)
Jason
Attachments:
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 22 Mar 2007 00:08 #175

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
This is an xtra-ez I fit to a broken off foot today.
Attachments:
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 22 Mar 2007 00:28 #176

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Jason Maki wrote:
Ben,
Here is a square toe with trailer from an SSP size 1.
Jason,

Here is the problem I have with this shoe. The guidelines call for the leading edge to be straight and yours is not. Then, the guidelines state that "the lateral edges(or corners) are not excessively rounded. Question is, what does that mean and where does your shoe example fit under those parameters(such s they are).

The trailer is, IMO just fine.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 22 Mar 2007 00:33 #177

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
Jason you extend the heels and you can put that on alot of rope horses I know! :D
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 22 Mar 2007 00:45 #178

Hey Ben, Do not make it look like that! :D It is kinda round in the corners! In my defense it is exactly the first square toe I have made since I made a shoe board eight years ago, and it does not meet the criterion...do I lose my credentials now? :) I'll make one tomorrow you'll cut you finger on. Failure sucks, and its now a point honor.
Jason Maki CJF(?)
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 22 Mar 2007 01:03 #179

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
This is the foot that shoe went on.
Attachments:

RE:Modifying Machine Shoes 22 Mar 2007 01:08 #180

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Jason Maki wrote:
..do I lose my credentials now? :)
Jason Maki CJF(?)
May I be so bold as to remind you that the shoe display is part of the CF certification, so your CJF is safe and beyond reproach. The CF on the other hand......... :rolleyes: :eek: :D

However, since that seems to be your weak modification, once you make a correct square toed shoe as your on site modification, all will be well in Mudville, for unlike the Mighty Casey, you will get safely on base.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

Kunena Birthday Module

• ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is today
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is today
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 1 day
  • milly7i0726 birthday is in 363 days
  • filmbak62F7 birthday is in 364 days
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.