make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 21, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need help finding a shoe!!!

Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 01:03 #1

• cowboyjl
  • Contributing Member
Well, two shoes actually. I have a foundered pony that I am working on and I spoke with a highly credited Corrective shoer nearby and he suggested using a 4 clipped shoe on him. I do not have a forge at this time but he was sure that he had seen one in a catalog somewhere. Does anybody know of anyone that carrys a pre 4 clipped shoe? Thanks
Jeremy Lawton

"Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, and live like you ain't afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride" Chris LeDoux
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 01:13 #2

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Jeremy

I have never seen a shoe with four clips for sale. I think you would be better to find a way to heat the shoe and draw them yourself.
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 01:14 #3

One of us could make it and send it to you. Just need the shoe size, should be pony size. Every foundered pony I have done just needed to be trimmed every 3-4 weeks. Are you just adding a shoe to get his/her toe off the ground for comfort? Do you need frog support? Is the idea behind 4 clips to glue the shoes on?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 01:34 #4

• cowboyjl
  • Contributing Member
Well, heres the story. I just started working on this pony. The owners think that he had foundered on his hind end probably five years ago. When I trimmed him about three weeks ago he was terribly sore and could hardly walk. I pushed on the tip of his frog with only my thumb and he blew up with pain. I wanted to try and put a shoe on him but wasn't sure if he needed anything special. The clipped shoe was recommended to me, I think he said it was to help just keep the shoe in place. He also recommended acrylic and I think that I will use Vettec's Equi-build. Dan said that he could make a shoe for me but I thought that it might easier if maybe I could just find one already clipped. Some day I hope to get a forge. Thanks for the help.
Jeremy Lawton

"Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, and live like you ain't afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride" Chris LeDoux

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 03:21 #5

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
If you palpated the sole with thumb pressure, the build will be too firm. You could dam off the front part of the foot and load the rear.

A couple of clips and a couple of nails will get you further than you think. This pony probably isn't moving around much.
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 03:26 #6

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
Jeremy,

Do you have access to a Ox/Acet torch....not real efficient but you CAN draw a clip using one

Have any friends with a forge nearby?

Derin

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 04:37 #7

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
3/16" strap iron, weld it on (a welder is easy to find, even a muffler shop)
get your shoe shaped close and then you can put as many as you want, or a full cuff even. I don't have a forge either, thats what I do for clips in odd places or something not on hand.

Yeah, the equi-build is sometimes too much for sound horses. I used it once, and only once, I use the equi-pak alot though.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 06:31 #8

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
cowboyjl wrote:
Well, two shoes actually. I have a foundered pony that I am working on and I spoke with a highly credited Corrective shoer nearby and he suggested using a 4 clipped shoe on him. I do not have a forge at this time but he was sure that he had seen one in a catalog somewhere. Does anybody know of anyone that carrys a pre 4 clipped shoe? Thanks

Hi Jeremy
i have done this on a brood mare with a wide aliminium
but i put more if i can remember 6 or 8 dosent matter

if you no the size and shape some one might take
you out of a spot

i wil be out of town
i would gladly do it for you when i get back
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 07:45 #9

• franjurga
There is a new multi-clip shoe on the market from Grand Circuit in New Jersey. It is Mike Wildenstein's design. The clips are oversized, like wings, and perforated for glueing; the shoe comes flat. Raul Bras from Rood and Riddle just did an article for us on using it instead of a continuous rim shoe on a fractured P3 case. I don't know about sizes, though. There's a picture of a similar shoe, actually a raceplate with wings welded on, on my blog, if that is the type of thing you think will work. Couldn't you just go to a welding shop? Good luck.
Fran Jurga
http://www.hoofcare.blogspot.com
is the blog address

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 13:13 #10

• cowboyjl
  • Contributing Member
Thanks for all the ideas guys. My father-in-law has a fabrication shop so I have easy access to welders and an torch. Another farrier nearby said he could help me build a shoe for the pony.
Jeremy Lawton

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 14 Dec 2006 13:40 #11

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Foundered only in the backend??? I'd bet the feet need more proper shaping from a good trim than the need for clips? Clipping a foundered foot is like chaseing the toe, clips pretty must useless. Most ponies that have foundered do alot better barefooted, IMO. Good Luck! Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 15 Dec 2006 02:03 #12

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Jeremy,
Welcome to the boards. Please don't be offended but it sounds like you're way over your head. Refer the pony to a vet and work with them and their Farrier. The Vet and Farrier will appericate your willingness to learn.
If the owners don't want to spend the money to properly care for their pet, don't get involved in animal abuse with them.
What are you doing without a forge? Put in a request to Santa and be good for the next week and a half, that means not hitting cold steel.
It sounds like an abcess, and a four cliped shoe would bring the bugger to his knees.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 15 Dec 2006 23:30 #13

Bill,

Best advice yet. Good on ya.

Mike

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 16 Dec 2006 02:13 #14

• cowboyjl
  • Contributing Member
I have dealt with maybe four or five foundered ponies in the past that do great barefoot. But this is my first one that has been foundered only in the hind. It just seemed to me that he needs some support from a shoe to help him. The owners are willing to spend whatever it takes to help him. I am pretty sure that he wasn't in pain from an abcess. He pulled away from me when I pushed on both frogs. That made me wonder at what degree he has rotated. And yes, I am saving and pinching pennies so that I can get a forge very soon. Thanks for the insight guys.
Jeremy Lawton

RE:Need help finding a shoe!!! 16 Dec 2006 05:19 #15

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Jeremy,

Bill gave you great advise. It is so unusual, bordering on amazing, for a horse or pony to founder on its rear hooves and not on its fores. Before you do anything more, you should request radiographs of all 4 feet. At a minimum you need a lateral and and A/P view of each.

The pony needs to be standing on blocks of equal heights when the rads are taken and the machine needs to be in line and at the same height as the hoof so you get a 'flat beam'.

Shoeing this pony without current rads is going to put you squarely behind the 8 ball if things go south.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

Kunena Birthday Module

• ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is today
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is today
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 1 day
  • milly7i0726 birthday is in 363 days
  • filmbak62F7 birthday is in 364 days
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.