make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog

Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 11 Dec 2006 20:09 #1

Just did an interesting project and thought I would share some photos.

Bill Kirkpatrick of soundhorse sent me a prototype of the new series III cuff (coming soon Q'1 2007) to use on a laminitic horse with ringbone that I wanted to put in a steward clog but had nothing to nail to.

The series III allows one to glue the cuff to an aluminum shoe using equilox but here I have used 10 drywall screws per clog to attach the cuff as PMMA does not bond well to plastics.

Yoko is the rescued QH who we discussed at the Myre Equine clinic roundtable discussion with pat riley and andrew ellsbee on the panel. The only way I have been able to accomplish effective gluing in our rainy environment has been series 1 and 2 sigafoos.

Link to photos

www.photos.yahoo.com/aa1pd (folder yokosifafoosclog is public)
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 11 Dec 2006 23:04 #2

George
I don’t understand why the cuff and the clog why not just one or the other? The cuff with equthane or the clog like you did with out the cuff.
seems to be getting the hoof way off the ground with both.
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 00:57 #3

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
So hes gogin to be selling just a Cuff hat you can put on any shoe? Any idea as to the price this product will be?

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 01:13 #4

I heard they were working on this. Thanks for posting it.

George that is a lot of stuff on those feet. Looks like a big snow ball built up in shoes during the winter. How does she walk on that?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 02:10 #5

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
George,
Very nice job. Your skill is to be comended.
I haven't seen one of these packages before. Could you give a bit of back ground and theroy as to why you went this route and how the horse went after the shoeing.
Thanks,
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 02:13 #6

Phil Armitage wrote:
George that is a lot of stuff on those feet. Looks like a big snow ball built up in shoes during the winter. How does she walk on that?

The clog is actually patterned after a giant snowball stuck on a shoe. And the mechanical goal is to provide a dramatic reduction in leverage in all directions. Basicly to let the shoe provide the articulation rather than the damaged joint. They look weird but cushings type laminitic horses and ringbone cases seem to love em. Yoko has both issues and we have had quite the struggle for the 12 months since we rescued her to get her comfortable. Given the variety of approaches we have tried My wife now refers to Yoko as XM-14 (Experimential Mare - Number 14)

When Gene was my place we worked on her nailing on a clog but she did not respond well to it applied in that manner. She has a prolapsed frog and the rim pad on the series III prototype cuff seems to provide some clearance that she likes. I filled under the clog with equithane for frog support in the back part of the foot. Front part was filled pat riley style with open cell foam (purchased in the walmart crafts section ) to keep the equithane out. We had her going well in series II treded plate that pat riley ground tons of medial and lateral breakover into that looked pretty steward clog like but for this set I decided to take advantage of the new cuff and glue on the stewart clog. (she is XM-14 after all)

She was tearing around the pasture a little while ago but its day one with the clogs so I'll provide updates over time on this horse and if this setup satisfies her.

We have done trails on horses with clogs on but really its IMO more of a get em comfortable in the pasture rather than a riding shoe. If she likes the omni directional roller effect we plan to go back to the series II with clog like breakover for the riding season.
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 02:23 #7

Well George I hope she walks better than the horses I have seen with big snow ***** in the shoes. :D They always look very unsteady whenever I saw them walk. Here I am putting snow rim pads to make sure snow does not built up and you put an artificial permenant snow ***** on your horse. How is the clog on the snow and ice?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 04:57 #8

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Arent you worried about the rocking back motion putting more stress on the DDFT? Thats my big concern, plus the fact that the articulation left and right puts some strain on the suspensory ligaments and the joints as well. These are just my immediate thoughts since i have no experience with such a package. What do you think?

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 05:15 #9

George,

WHY?
How does this reduce the joint movement? Won't she now be able to roll in any direction? Won't his INcrease her joint motion? What will stabilize the limb?

Hmmm, and to think I always tried to prevent snowbals from packing into my horse's shoes.

Seems like a LOT of work went into this application. Glad to hear she is moving around her pasture - but should she?

Sorry, but these seem even goofier than Ron's Banana shoes! At least with those the horse can tilt onto its toe, and has lateral medial support, or even heel stabilization if needed.

I'm really intersted in your replies!

Did anyone else see the knees on that horse? I wonder how these shoes will affect them?
Regards,
Kim

Those who only consider cost, do NOT consider the cost to the horse!

The more we know, the more we know we need to know more! Ya know?

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 06:06 #10

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
George,
I can see how this would allow breakover in any direction, but on hard surface wouldn't it be too much? In soft pasture wouldn't she stumble? I hear she's going better so that says something.

Hey Kim,
How's the snow ball prevention program going down there in Flordia?
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 06:32 #11

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Bill Adams wrote:
Hey Kim,
How's the snow ball prevention program going down there in Flordia?

lol

:rolleyes:

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 11:18 #12

Yoko is a sweet mare and a fascinating case to have here at the farm. Its been quite a challange as the radiographs (which I dont have they are at the MEC in rochester NH) show ringbone, laminitic remodeling, and Dr Mhyre believes there is also evidence of navicular damage. When we had her at MEC all were suprized that she could move at all given the radiographic findings. Shes the most crooked legged thing I have ever seen and the Knee and all joints below are effected.

Generally I am not going to rescue a "hopeless case" like this but the deep backround here is Marie (spouse) went out solo to look at the horse and swears up and down when she lunged her last february she was completely sound. Of interest is the fact that on that february day marie noted she had large snow***** packed into her feet but as she was moving well she felt no need to pick out the ice*****.

When gene was here he told me that trying to get this one happy was in his words "Going to take your skills to a whole new level george" which was not what I wanted to hear. I prefer being told just nail on X Y or Z and all is going to be OK to good luck on this one dude.

Gene's RX was a clog and if we could have kept one on using the screws and glue discussed in the product guide in the link below in the endless rains we have had this year that would have been the route I would have gone.

So at this point trying the clog (nothing else has worked particularly well) with the sigafoos cuff on yoko. I'll keep ya posted.

Link to the EDSS steward clog application guide.

http://www.hopeforsoundness.com/techsupport/instguides/stewardclog-guide.html

Hey Kim marie and I are going to be in melbourne FL for the week of Jan 9-14 are you anywhere near there. We'd love to say howdy if we're close.
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 12 Dec 2006 12:10 #13

George
Could you have gotten the same results by concaving the clog and screwing it to the hoof like it was designed? Concaving to get the clearance for the frog, I have never used the clog I have always used laminated wood flooring. I have a foundered mare that I have to concave the blocks to get her sole off the ground.
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 13 Dec 2006 10:59 #14

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
George_Spear wrote:
Just did an interesting project......
www.photos.yahoo.com/aa1pd (folder yokosifafoosclog is public)

George,
Can we see a video of this horse in this package. One can upload the video at You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/signup.

I maybe to "ole schrool" but the application seems to be "a little much". Granted it is an "experiment, project" or let's see what happens.

RE:Sigafoos Series III prototype cuff screwed to EDSS steward clog 13 Dec 2006 23:36 #15

I'll try and borrow my friends DV camera and caputure some video.

Concaving the clog sounds like a good idea.

The series II treded plate would give less depth as well.

Cody and Chad ovineck have a mold to make "hoofwall extensions" to elevate feet with prolapsed frogs off of the clog. They are actually taller than the rim pad on series III. Gene uses them a lot. Note this is a pasture shoe and I do not believe anyone is riding in them.

The clogs I ordered to restock the truck arrived today and I notice they are a bit lower and lack the extra square rubber pad so it appears that EDSS has moved to a lower clog than the previous version.

Yoko remains very content with her clogs according to her owner (my wife marie)
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

Kunena Birthday Module

• Chris Daniel birthday is today
  • FordWayFarm birthday is today
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is today
  • Alykee07 birthday is in 1 day
  • Anvil375 birthday is in 1 day
  • Martin Kenny birthday is in 1 day
  • mattsherberg43 birthday is in 1 day
  • missjestr birthday is in 1 day
  • Mitch White birthday is in 1 day
  • ravensgate birthday is in 1 day
  • Tim Neal birthday is in 1 day
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 363 days
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 364 days
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 364 days
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.