make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday May 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stick welders...

Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 00:21 #1

Does anyone have a stick welder in their rig? If so what do you think about it. I have a wire feed that I never really liked. I got a stick welder but don't think it does any better that than the wire. I dont want to carry ox/ac anymore so does anyone have thoughts on welders?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 02:08 #2

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
I personally prefer a wire feed. It's harder to get a nice even bead with a stick. Although I would rather use the oxy / acytelene set than either. I use my wire feed to weld clips to shoes after they are shaped so I don't mess up the clips. (also carry a lot less shoes)

What does your box run on 220 or 110. I use a 110 and have a generator for when clients don't have power.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 09:59 #3

Just Shoe It wrote:
I dont want to carry ox/ac anymore so does anyone have thoughts on welders?

Why don't you want to carry ac/ox anymore?

Ronald Aalders

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 13:33 #4

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Ronald Aalders wrote:
Why don't you want to carry ac/ox anymore?
Ronald Aalders

Risk management and the big bang theory?
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 14:45 #5

• John Barney
I have a little 70 amp stick that I make alot of bar shoes with. It is a little tricky to get the hang of, but I learned to put the shoe and bar in the forge to get them hot before welding. Also make sure the sticks are always dry and don't use to long of a extension cord. I did use a friends wire feed for awhile but it didn't seem like it got good enough penetration into the shoe. I like making bar shoes with it becuase of placement of the bar and time. A flapper wheel sanding disc on a grinder cleans it up really nice.

JB

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 16:03 #6

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
As a welder in my prior life I can see pro and con of each type of weilder.

With the Ox/Ac you have the storage of two bulky bottles. However Ox/Ac is a lot more portable then the others. If you add a hose reel then you can keep your hoses rolled up easier for storage. As far as safety as long as your bottles are securely fastened so they can't fall over they are pretty safe, you can add more safety by removing your valves and caping the bottles durning transportation.

With the stick you have the storage of a machine and cable. You have to have a power source so they are not as portable. Of course you can by portable welders that are run my an engine. However thay are more expensive and take up more room. If you don't have a portable generator or self contained power unit weilder. You then need a power source. 220v weilder are best but most barns you work in will only have 110v, and then most will only be 15 amp outlets and you need at least a 30amp outlet to stop from tripping breakers. When you weild with a stick you have alot more sparks than you do with a OX/AC.

With wire feed/mig you usually have some kind of inert gas that forms a OX free barrier around you weld. Then you also have all the other problems as you do with a stick weilder.

In my opion the OX/AC rig would be the best for a farriers. They are more portable take up less room on the rig and you can do alot more with them than any of the other types. Cut, Weld, and heat. You can make just as strong as weld that looks nice in the same amout of time. If run out of weilding rod an you need is a piece of wire fence. Bailing wire works best but try and find that around a barn now days.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 16:23 #7

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
The welder I have uses a flux core wire and dosen't need a bottle. really it is a stick welder its just a wire feed, and alot easier to control.
Joey Aczon

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 18:04 #8

• T.L. Buck
I carry a Craftsman 100 amp 110v stick welder. It is very practical and easy to store. For just a basic job of modifying a keg shoe it is all I ever needed. I don't look for pretty I look for practical. My welding ability isn't great but it is functional.
~ Buck - Farrier

Main Entry: 1ex·pert .. Pronunciation: 'ek-"sp&rt, ik-'
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French & Latin; Anglo-French, from Latin expertus, from past participle of experiri
1: eX ... is an unknown factor.
2:...

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 18:48 #9

tbloomer wrote:
Risk management and the big bang theory?

Hmmm I'm considering packing an ac/ox welder in my van. That would be an extra to the arc (stick) welder I've been using forever now. But the ac/ox welder could be a help in welding aluminum.

Is the risk any bigger than propane bottles?

Ronald Aalders

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 19:08 #10

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
I was told that a capped ox / act bottle can be dropped off a building. (so yeah a little safer than the rpopane actually)
Joey Aczon

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 19:12 #11

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
btw, isn't everything out there 220/240v? I have an old euro TV that runs 110/220. do you use the aluminum rods for your stick welder?
Joey Aczon

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 20:55 #12

I didn't want to carry ox/ax anymore for three reasons...

1-saftey concerns (maybe that shouldnt be a reason)
2-space the bottles take up
3-I am on the road over 30 weeks a year and the bottles always ran out when I wasn't at home.

I agree that wire never got the penatration thats why iwas looking into the little stick, but by the time I got the bar weld with the stick I could have made one up in the forge.

As far as welding clips on unless your doing long footed horses that makes no sense to me???

I guess Ill be going with thte little bottles (they can be filled anywhere correct?)

I have a new Arc one 100 amp stick welder, 20 pounds of rod, and a auto darking helmet for sale if any one is interested :D ... Maybe theyll takeit back.

Tuff lesson!

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 22:37 #13

Head 2 Toe wrote:
btw, isn't everything out there 220/240v? I have an old euro TV that runs 110/220. do you use the aluminum rods for your stick welder?

Yes it's 220 here. So? I mean for welding it's great. I did some welding in the US and I didn't notice any difference.

The arc welder I use for bars and stuff in steel shoes. I would like to be able to do the same thing with aluminum shoes too. That's where the ac/ox deal comes in. A lot smaller and more versatile than a AC/DC welder. Now I need to master the welding aluminum with ac/ox :rolleyes:

Ronald Aalders

RE:Stick welders... 19 Nov 2006 22:43 #14

• jvzieger
  • Contributing Member
Just Shoe It wrote:
I guess Ill be going with thte little bottles (they can be filled anywhere correct?)

I didn't follow the rest of the thread, but I have a comment on this remark.

I have the small Ox/Ac bottle set in my rig (the really small Ac bottle). I have fouind that no one actually refills them, they simply swap them.

Also, I find places to swap them are few and far between and for many of the places, you must have an account. Lsatly, the really small Ac bottle (like the ones that come with the torch kit they sell in retailers (Sears, Home Depot, Lowes etc...) sometimes need to be special ordered unless you are going to the larger welding supply/gas depots.

YMMV
Jim Zieger Farrier

RE:Stick welders... 20 Nov 2006 00:11 #15

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
Ron, just curious about the 220, I think it runs a little better.

E4043 rods are made for use in a stick welder while welding aluminum

heres a link
http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/190x1.html
Joey Aczon

Kunena Birthday Module

• davegreen3358399335 birthday is today
  • J.Ravanelli birthday is today
  • lou_pre-farrier birthday is today
  • Melanie Arabsky Ledger birthday is today
  • melissa1991 birthday is today
  • mmhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • pinklauraloz birthday is today
  • cowboyjl birthday is in 1 day
  • rekawice6E18 birthday is in 1 day
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.