make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 20, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 14th Century

14th Century 30 Oct 2006 02:42 #1

• Donnie Walker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Picture taken in England museum. Approximate size "0"
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:14th Century 30 Oct 2006 06:57 #2

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
A slider with heel calks, cool.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:14th Century 30 Oct 2006 07:05 #3

I thought in those days they used drafts because of the weight of the harnesses those knights were wearing. An 0 is not a draft size not even in England.

Ronald Aalders

RE:14th Century 30 Oct 2006 07:51 #4

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
Spooky I said on a PM here just yesterday that I had a "collection" of horse shoes through the ages and if there was interest I'd photograph them.

My farm is at Flodden and for those who haven't heard of it, in 1513 there was a battle here between the English and the Scotish Kingdoms and which led to the Unification - or The United Kingdom. King James of Scotland died here - the last King ever to die in battle as did 16,000 others.

Cannon were brought down to my land from Edinburgh by heavy horses. Officers rode what we could consider the equivalent of heavy hunters and there were smaller lighter horses too.

My land has been grazing land since and we frequently get such as horse shoes, bits of metal from harness and tack, pike staff ends, billhooks, musket ***** and cannon ***** coming to surface.

I await King James gold bullion! :rolleyes:

p.s. just noticed Ron's posting - the officers and noblemen didn't ordinarily ride draft horses - they were too slow! Such as Hanovarians and Cleveland bays the sort used.

RE:14th Century 30 Oct 2006 09:24 #5

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
probabley went on one of those pooooooooor lill ponies the were used to carrie BIG FAT FRYERS AND TAX collectors about ;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:14th Century 30 Oct 2006 12:18 #6

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Thomas_Ride&Drive wrote:
My farm is at Flodden and for those who haven't heard of it, in 1513 there was a battle here between the English and the Scotish Kingdoms and which led to the Unification - or The United Kingdom. King James of Scotland died here - the last King ever to die in battle as did 16,000 others.
Maybe if more Kings(and their moden day equivalents)died in battle, we'd all find less reason to go to war.

Wasn't the 1513 era that of William Wallace and all that good stuff we saw in the Braveheart movie?

Maybe you'll take some photos of the shoes you've found and post them for us, Thomas?
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:14th Century 30 Oct 2006 21:18 #7

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
That shoe looks like one of mine off the front end of a Plantation walker or a speed racking horse.

RE:14th Century 31 Oct 2006 23:37 #8

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
Rick Burten]
Wasn't the 1513 era that of William Wallace and all that good stuff we saw in the Braveheart movie? ?[/QUOTE]
No and yes :rolleyes:

William Wallace was put to death in 1305 and after he was hung drawn and quartered, his body was scattered to the four corners of England - His head being buried at Wallace Green in the border town of Berwick Upon Tweed - and not far from me.

However in the film Braveheart, considerable poetic licence was used and they did indeed have Mel Gibson fighting at Flodden. :rolleyes: wrote:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/flodden_...ding/FloddenRide.jpg[/img]

Maybe you'll take some photos of the shoes you've found and post them for us, Thomas?
I'll rustle some shoes up and get some photos tomorrow - got my farriers in too so will put them next to some modern shoes so you can compare size etc.

RE:14th Century 31 Oct 2006 23:39 #9

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
The cavalcade leaves Coldstream (led out by the Coldstream Guards and a piped band):

The gallop to Flodden with the standard

RE:14th Century 01 Nov 2006 00:22 #10

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Thomas,

What a great and fascinating tale! Thanks for that wonderful lesson in history. I'm sure your grandkids and your children before them sit/sat spellbound as you became the raconteur of legend and lore.

I'm sure there must be much more as to why the body count was 3-1 against the Scots.

As Mel William Wallace Gibson cried, "FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMMMMMM :o :)
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:14th Century 01 Nov 2006 00:22 #11

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
All I can say is "Way too cool"! Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:14th Century 01 Nov 2006 00:48 #12

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
To be honest its just not possible to live somewhere like this and not know your history.

Its a spooky coincidence I've ended up at Flodden as my surname is also Fletcher - same as the survivor that rode back to Selkirk.

The Flodden and Fletcher story is major part of Selkirk’s heritage and as such is remembered at the climax of the annual Selkirk Common Riding where each trade incorporation casts a flag in the Selkirk market place

From the poem Selkirk after Flodden and in Scottish Dialect - never quite mastered by Mel Gibson ;) :
Frae every cleuch and clan
The best o’ the braid Border
Rose like a single man
To meet the royal order.
Oor Burgh toun ltsel’
Sent its seventy doun the glen ;
Ask Fletcher how they fell,
Bravely fechting, ane to ten !
O Flodden Field !

Round about their gallant King,
For countrie and for croon,
Stude the dauntless Border ring
Till the last was hackit doon,
I blame na what has been -
They maun fa' that canna flee -
But oh! To see what I hae seen,
To see what now I see!
O Flodden Field!

The annual Flag Casting
http://www.selkirk.bordernet.co.uk/commonriding/2005/images/3088-1.html

RE:14th Century 01 Nov 2006 09:28 #13

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
Some old shoes that were immediately to hand....

RE:14th Century 02 Nov 2006 02:53 #14

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Thomas,
Thank you for puting this up for us. The shoe in the upper left corner looks like one of mine except that mine are never thrown.
I was reading to my wife from your post and she was actually interested and comented on your fine writing rather than not wanting to hear about that #@%^&! waste of time computer.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:14th Century 02 Nov 2006 13:40 #15

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
Bill Adams wrote:
Thomas,
Thank you for puting this up for us. The shoe in the upper left corner looks like one of mine except that mine are never thrown.
I was reading to my wife from your post and she was actually interested and comented on your fine writing rather than not wanting to hear about that #@%^&! waste of time computer.
Bill

Clearly you are married to a woman of taste ;)

Kunena Birthday Module

• filmbak62F7 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is today
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 1 day
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 1 day
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 2 days
  • milly7i0726 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.