make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cuff shoe suggestions

Cuff shoe suggestions 27 Oct 2006 12:01 #1

The other day I put shoes and snow pads on a horse for a client.
Where the horse is boarded, the paddocks are 8 to 10 inches of mud and doesn't look like it will be drying out any time soon.
The horse that I shod that day has feet that just crumble under the clinchers. I warned the client that I couldn't guarantee the shoes with feet in this condition and that the horse should be kept on drier ground. No luck right now, everything is mud at their place.
So I'm hoping that the shoes will stay put but, am planning my next move.
What cuffed shoe's do you like and where to get them.
I didn't see anything in Centaurs catalog.

Thanks for the replys

Gary Pfeiffer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Cuff shoe suggestions 27 Oct 2006 19:33 #2

Sigifoos shoes www.soundhorse.com

Dalric cuff www.nanric.com

Both work well.
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...

RE:Cuff shoe suggestions 27 Oct 2006 21:40 #3

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Gary,

Why are the walls so crumbly? The problem with the glue on cuffs is that they can create a really moist environment and for crumbly feet, that is going to really be bad. Even a forged continuous clip/toe cap shoe will have some moisture issues, especially since the horse will also be wearing pads.

When you fit the shoes, did you hot fit them? Are you certain there is no underlying hoof wall infection?

Instead of a full cuff, what about say three tall clips? You can also drill a hole(or two) in each clip and then use short screws and screw the package to the wall, in addition to your regular nailing to secure the shoe to the hoof.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cuff shoe suggestions 27 Oct 2006 23:14 #4

Thanks for the replies George and Rick.
I did hot fit the shoes.
The wall is crumbled away, in some places an inch above the ground surface.
Horse was walking on his soles because of the wall being broken away.
I was able to pare out little sole and barely ran my rasp across the bottom to get a flat surface.
I got nice high nails using Cooper 5 lites but, when I went to clinch, the nails pulled down and crumbled the wall.
It really is a sloppy mess that these horses are in and I attributed the poor quality wall to the moisture.
I was considering shoes with tall clips and screws as you suggested Rick.
Just thought that I would check out the opinions of the cuff shoes also.

Gary

RE:Cuff shoe suggestions 27 Oct 2006 23:29 #5

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Gary,
It sure sounds like there is some hoof wall/WLD infection in those feet. If so, no matter what you do, no matter how you affix those shoes to the feet, its not going to work/help. And it will have absolutely nothing to do with your excellent skill and ability. Can you post some photos of those feet? Does this horse have or has it had, any metabolic issues now or in the past? What is its diet?

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cuff shoe suggestions 28 Oct 2006 08:06 #6

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Hi Gary

any chance you can get some pics of the feet

did you use machine shoes or hand-mades
i find if you get this type of foot

make a light set for him you might have to
put nail holes where you woudent normally

put the clips where they will do a better job
this should help
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Cuff shoe suggestions 28 Oct 2006 14:04 #7

Thanks for your replies.
I did not get any pictures until I reset the horse.
The inner layer of wall is sound and no seperation shown.
Wouldn't WLD affect the inner wall at the white line more.
It is the outer portion of the wall that is gone.
Just chipped off until there is little left.
I did clip the shoes between the 1st and second nail holes to cut down on some pressure on the nails.

Personaly I'm not looking forward to doing this nag again. While I was nailing, he would rear up and leap forward in the ties, and knocked the owner down.
A real pickle that was previosly trimmed by his last owner all his life. He is a 6 yr old now. I think the Vet and a good coctail is in order if I reset him.

Hows that new addition Rick.

Gary

RE:Cuff shoe suggestions 28 Oct 2006 23:45 #8

Gary
I have had several horses with the same type of feet you have mentioned. I have had great deal of success with applying wood blocks. With a 2X6 you can get the hoof out of the muck and start to dry up the white line.If the problem of what is causing the crumbly walls is not adressed then nothing will help as Rick mentioned.The block can also be concaved to relive the sole pressure in really bad cases. If you have not seen this process it sounds a little off the wall. Dr Stewart of Shawnee Ok. has mastered this process and started it with helping foundered horses. At first I laughed at the idea of applying wood to a horses hoof and then saw some great results that I could not argue with. There is also a product out called Xout Plus that I have had good results with. It sounds like this horse needs help but if the owner is not willing to change the environment the horse is in then nothing you do will help in the long term. Best of luck John.
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

RE:Cuff shoe suggestions 28 Oct 2006 23:58 #9

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Gary Pfeiffer wrote:
The inner layer of wall is sound and no seperation shown.
Wouldn't WLD affect the inner wall at the white line more.
It may be a different fungal/yeast/bacterial attacking and affecting the outer wall. Sometimes its a combination of the two(WLD and something else)
It is the outer portion of the wall that is gone.
Just chipped off until there is little left.
It still sounds like some kind of pathogen is involved. How far up the hoof capsule is the wall chipping away? Is this all the way around the perimeter?
I did clip the shoes between the 1st and second nail holes to cut down on some pressure on the nails.
Have you considered adding a toe clip and clips between the thrid and fourth nail holes? for that matter, you could add spooned heels too.
Personaly I'm not looking forward to doing this nag again. While I was nailing, he would rear up and leap forward in the ties, and knocked the owner down.
A real pickle that was previosly trimmed by his last owner all his life. He is a 6 yr old now. I think the Vet and a good coctail is in order if I reset him.
I'd make that a pre-requisite.
Hows that new addition Rick.
At last report, quite well. The new parents on the other hand......
Thanks for asking, Gary.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cuff shoe suggestions 30 Oct 2006 12:48 #10

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Rick:
The chipping in some areas seems to be 1/2 to 3/4 inch up the wall.

I am calling the owner today and suggesting the local Equine Vet clinic get involved.
The problem is that most of the barn uses a local vet service that is more involved in farm livestock and I do not think that they will have the experience in this area.
I will try to get them to call the Equine clinic, there they will have at least 8 horse vets that can be called on for their expertise.

Gary

Kunena Birthday Module

• Rude_n_Ugly birthday is today
  • Russ in WI birthday is today
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is today
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 1 day
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 1 day
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 1 day
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 2 days
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 2 days
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 2 days
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 364 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.