make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday May 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Handmade

RE:Handmade 23 Aug 2006 02:55 #16

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Don't forget the riders maybe a little overweight and slightly intoxicated. And believe it or not some of them ride horses that aren't as fit as they might think, especially after a long chase through rough or sloppy terrian.

I like the concave on the few I do, you can still use the studs too. Just punch the stud holes instead of drilling.

If you look at some of the shoeing pics Maki has posted you will see a nice "hunter" fit.
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Handmade 23 Aug 2006 02:59 #17

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Andrew Grimm wrote:
Ronald,
Thanks for the info. it's very interesting to learn about foxhunting. It's even more interesting to talk to a farrier who foxhunts himself.
As far as the owner goes, I don't care. I did what I felt was right and that's what really matters. These horses feet sucked big time. Thanks for the support. It's appreciated.

Andrew Grimm

They do a lot of fox hunting here in Denmark. Many of my customers use screw-in studs. Many of the horses I do are also in lot of the jumping shows here. I also set pretty tight, but leave just enough for expansion, except one horse I have had trouble holding shoes - he is very tight. The owner knows it and we reset every 5 weeks or so. When I first started on this horse his feet were so bad I hated to hear the phone ring. I started hotshoeing him. Now I can't remember the last time he lost a shoe. His feet have come back so good. I really believe hotshoeing has helped. Also the owner takes he out to the beach and gets the feet in the salt water at least 3 times a week. I think this helps a bit also.

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Handmade 23 Aug 2006 03:00 #18

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
J.H. shoeing wrote:
.............concave on the few I do, you can still use the studs too. Just punch the stud holes instead of drilling.
Why?
I use a recess punch and drill the holes, it's more effiecient and a lot less hammering.

RE:Handmade 23 Aug 2006 03:16 #19

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Jaye Perry wrote:
Why?
I use a recess punch and drill the holes, it's more effiecient and a lot less hammering.

I havent tapped any concave, let alone drill for studs. Im a bit worried that the stud or caulk will tilt into the crease. But a freind showed me some shoes he pulled off a Fox Hunter from england and the holes were punched in the rim. The punch had dragged the rim into the crease, so that the stud hole was completely surounded by the steel from the rim. What exactly is a recess punch?

-josh

RE:Handmade 23 Aug 2006 03:28 #20

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
J.H. shoeing wrote:
Don't forget the riders maybe a little overweight and slightly intoxicated. .
Wow, so it's NOT just a VA thing :D

Derin

RE:Handmade 23 Aug 2006 03:31 #21

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
Andrew Grimm wrote:

What do you do in a situation like I was in where the horses feet need more than just an tight fit with little expansion?The feet I was dealing with had dished toes, flat soles, crushed and under run heels. If I have to fit them tight I will however, I don't like to especialey with feet like I was dealing with.
Thanks Derin for the info.

Andrew Grimm

Andrew,

I would do what you have to to keep the horses sound and the shoes in place during Fox Hunting season.... use the off season to make major corrections

JMO,

Derin

RE:Handmade 23 Aug 2006 05:24 #22

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Andrew Grimm wrote:
I just shod some Fox hunters yesterday. My question is why do they have smaller caulks on the inside?
Also, it seems like these people who fox hunt are only concerned with keeping shoes on. The horses I shod yesterday had really crumy feet and a tight fit didn't go well with me and I didn't do it. However, I was warned by the owner that her horses can't be loosing shoes. If so, I'm fired. Not that I care but It seems ridiculous.
Nice work Smitty.

Andrew Grimm

Andrew the calking is the outside heel
and the smaller is the wedge the inside heel

shaped like that so its safe he does not thread
on him self
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Handmade 23 Aug 2006 15:14 #23

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
SlowShoe wrote:
What exactly is a recess punch?

-josh
When I was a kid in the 7th grade there was this bully in my class who used to pick on the other kids at recess. One day I knocked him out just as we were leaving the building to go outside for recess. I hit the kid pretty hard. Thay had to take him to the infirmary - so he missed recess. So a recess punch is sort of like a sucker punch that you hit some jerk with at recess.

It's best to not have any witnesses. It also helps if the recipient is twice your size so that nobody will believe that you would attempt such nonsense. If you get in trouble, then you miss recess too. ;)
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Handmade 23 Aug 2006 19:12 #24

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Y'all still had recess in the 7th grade?
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Handmade 24 Aug 2006 01:16 #25

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
Derin

It's not a Va. thing. I think it is a rule, mostly unwritten, the fatter and drunker the better and a real lack of riding ability will get you extra credit.

Jaye
I punch them so I could get the rim of steel back into the crease so when I tap them it would be solid. That was the way I was taught to put stud holes in concave stock. Can you show us, like you did the hammer clinches?
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:Handmade 27 Aug 2006 00:09 #26

I like the concave on the few I do, you can still use the studs too. Just punch the stud holes instead of drilling.

If you look at some of the shoeing pics Maki has posted you will see a nice "hunter" fit.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Derin! My personal motto is : "ALL horses are fox hunters!" :D
My Mantra is " I hate lost shoes!"

If the foot is decent, a good trim with distortions removed and a shoe that actually fits the foot will cover and not get blown over in a normal cycle. Nearly all my horses are turned out daily and I cover a HUGE area: I can not afford to replace shoes. The time involved and the distances I travel make them a true profit killer.
On a horse with issues I will do whatever i deem neccasary to help the bugger. Nearly all of my lost shoes come from long or full fits: bar shoes, extended heels etc, weighted packages with horses not properly bridled. If its sticking out they will find a way to step on it or catch it on something. ALL horses are fox hunters! :rolleyes:
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Handmade 27 Aug 2006 21:16 #27

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
J.H. shoeing-
Jaye
I punch them so I could get the rim of steel back into the crease so when I tap them it would be solid. That was the way I was taught to put stud holes in concave stock. Can you show us, like you did the hammer clinches?
Ask and ye shall recieve:

I have done one of theses in about 7 or 8 years so forgive the sloppies; a piece of concave

RE:Handmade 27 Aug 2006 21:17 #28

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
The "Recess Punch"

RE:Handmade 27 Aug 2006 21:19 #29

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
I like to punch the branch at an orange heat:

RE:Handmade 27 Aug 2006 21:20 #30

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
At this heat, a tap, turn or spin punch 180 degrees and tap again:

Kunena Birthday Module

• davegreen3358399335 birthday is today
  • J.Ravanelli birthday is today
  • lou_pre-farrier birthday is today
  • Melanie Arabsky Ledger birthday is today
  • melissa1991 birthday is today
  • mmhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • pinklauraloz birthday is today
  • cowboyjl birthday is in 1 day
  • rekawice6E18 birthday is in 1 day
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.