make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2" ball trailers

2" ball trailers 18 Jul 2006 17:37 #1

• Greg Thomas
Have any of ya'll ever had a bumper hitch trailer come off the ball and the coupling was still coupled? I had one do that last night. It came off the ball and everything was as it should be- it looked like it just came off as if the ball was too small. The ball has 2" stamped on it and the hitch has "use 2" ball" forged on it.

Now I am afraid to pull the trailer. I don't know how or what or who to get to check it. I bought the trailer new 4 years ago. It has the heavy duty(8,000 lb I believe) forged hitch. I have pulled this trailer with this ball probably 3,000-4,000 miles.

It was a lucky crash I guess. It only messed up the caster wheel on the jack and straightened(sp?) out the hooks on the safety chains before they came loose. I had 1 horse on and he wasn't hurt.

I tried to call the manufacturer to see if they had had any problems but they are out of business. Just my luck.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks, Greg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:2" ball trailers 18 Jul 2006 19:37 #2

• Steve Swain
Greg, Did you hook it up yourself? Maybe it wasn't completely down over the ball when you closed it. Anyway a good way to check is hook it up then try and jack it up off the ball. might have to use a handy man jack or a good floor jack. If you can't get it to lift off then I would suspect a faulty hook up job to begin with.
I stink, therefore I am.............a farrier.

RE:2" ball trailers 18 Jul 2006 20:06 #3

Greg Thomas wrote:
I tried to call the manufacturer to see if they had had any problems but they are out of business.
Thanks, Greg

That may be why they're out of business. :D

Tim Hutton

RE:2" ball trailers 18 Jul 2006 20:52 #4

I would do as Steve suggested.
If the hitch is not tight enough there should be a adjustment nut on the bottom of the hitch real close to where the ball fits in. That nut can be tightened to take up any slack. It can be tightened just snug then back off the nut 1/2 turn to allow slight play without binding. (Note I said just snug you're not tightening a bolt on a Sherman tank)
If the nut fell off you probably lost the inner coupling and the hitch will have to be replaced. If inner coupling is still attached but the nut is just missing, you can replace it with a "Grade 5 Lock nut with a nylon insert".
Hope this helps.

RE:2" ball trailers 18 Jul 2006 21:03 #5

One more thing.
If you need to replace the hitch they are not that big of a job.
If there are bolts going thru it, it can be unbolted and a replacement bolted back on. Use Grade 5 or 8 hardened bolts and nuts.
If it is welded on, you can cut off the old hitch with a oxy/accet. torch and re-weld a new hitch back on.
Replacement hitches can be found at your local farm supply. Be sure to get a replacement that has the same or higher load rating.
If it is welded on and you're not confident in your welding, have someone else weld it up for you.
There are guys that do welding at your location. They commonly do welding in the field for farm and construction.

RE:2" ball trailers 19 Jul 2006 12:52 #6

• Greg Thomas
Thanks for the replies. I am now thinking that my ball is worn. I have had it for-well I don't really know-probably 20 years. I talked to 3 trailer places and my vehicle mechanic yesterday and that seems to be the consensus. I didn't have time to work with it last night.

I did hit a pretty good hump at app. 50 mph in a 4 lane x 4 lane intersection when it came loose. But heck, I have had the trailer in some rough places.
Steve- actually a trainer, at the barn I had dropped the trailer and the horse, hooked it up and I double checked it because it was dark and he hadn't hooked up my trailer before. Therefore I am certain it was hooked. Plus I had already pulled it app. 8 miles before it came loose.

I am going to jack it up like you suggested. Thanks
Tim- I called the dealer that sold it to me and he said he had never heard of one having a problem. I have known him a good while and believe him. But you may be on to something.
Gary- I have a different type hitch than you are describing. Mine is the drop forged hitch that one side hinges in front of the ball. A collar slides up from the back to keep it shut around the ball. Most of the heavier bumper pulls that I have seen have this hitch.

I am going to pull it to my buddies trailer place and measure, with calipers, anything I can and compare it to a new one. I hate to replace the hitch(unless it is the problem) because it is welded on and I worry that it may not get replaced exactly and make the trailer pull weird. I has the same style hitch(actually I believe it was the same brand of hitch-Bulldog) on my last 2 horse trailer and it was 20 years old with maybe 20,000 miles on it.

Again thanks and if you have any other ideas please let me know.

Greg

RE:2" ball trailers 19 Jul 2006 15:02 #7

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Greg Thomas wrote:
I had dropped the trailer and the horse hooked it up
Greg

I bleive it's the lack of opposable thumbs that make it dificult for horses to manulipate these devices, however it probably better than letting a trainer mess with it.

Glad to hear it wasn't too bad a mishap. Great advice above.
Keep 'er 'tween the ditches.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:2" ball trailers 19 Jul 2006 15:32 #8

• Greg Thomas
Bill,

Now that daggone horse could do it but that's what I get for trying "natural" horsemanship with a dishonest horse.

Greg

RE:2" ball trailers 19 Jul 2006 19:47 #9

• Rancho JD
pull trailers popping off the hitch is not so uncommon. usually and undersized ball, or a worn ball and the horse/s weight mostly behind the axle/s. a stiff bump sure can knock the lid off a hot stove

dont forget to replace the chains if they were stretched during the wreck
Hit on 16 stand on 17 and split those aces, merry christmas!
'panhandler' Reno, Nevada.

RE:2" ball trailers 29 Jul 2006 16:00 #10

• tazz0001
Replace ball, replace hitch on trailer and rig up some heavier safety chains for peace of mind!!

We used to have a trailer that hubby lost at one point...replaced all the parts as we really didn't know the history of them...put on some heavier safety chain and those nut type chain repair links...never had a problem after that.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Rude_n_Ugly birthday is today
  • Russ in WI birthday is today
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is today
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 1 day
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 1 day
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 1 day
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 2 days
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 2 days
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 2 days
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 364 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.