make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steel Pads

Steel Pads 08 Jul 2006 21:49 #1

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Here is an application of Horseshoes Unlimited's leather/plastic pad.

This horse has some type of ulceration in the foot. Probally an old Street Nail issue that was not care for right away. That foot is a mess and a culture has been taken to see the makeup.

But I shod the good foot using a Full Wedge Pad with the leather against the foot along with an Eggbar. The "Good" foot had abscessed, distorted, thrushy and flat.
So I needed to treat multiple issues on that foot. The pad being a combination of leather and plastic gave me options.
- Leather side against the foot was treated with sole toughner and Thrush Magic. The leather absorbed the toughner and is be able to leach out over time; The porosity of the leather will hold the throush Magic also to treat thrush make the enviroment under the pad aerobic.
- Plastic side was wedged to help the lower leg and breakover of the "Good" foot due to overload from the Ulcerated/Injured foot. The eggbar used for suport under the leg but the plastic is rigid enough not to collaspe over time like a "regular" leather wedge pad.

I like the pad for a multi-use tool; one is not overloaded with pad inventory for each malady.

Here are a few pics:

Ulcerated/Injured Foot
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Steel Pads 08 Jul 2006 21:50 #2

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Here is the "Good Foot"

RE:Steel Pads 08 Jul 2006 21:51 #3

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Here is the pad and shoe

RE:Steel Pads 08 Jul 2006 21:52 #4

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
The applied shoe

RE:Steel Pads 08 Jul 2006 21:53 #5

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
The Logo

Thanks Ray!!!!!!!!!!!

RE:Steel Pads 08 Jul 2006 22:07 #6

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
Jaye,
Interesting pad. What packing if any was applied under the pad? Does the thrush meds and toughner soak into the leather immediately or does it need to soak in the solution for a period of time?
You said this might be a "old street nail issue", could you explain what that is please?
What is a culture taken for? and why?
Thank you.

Andrew Grimm
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Steel Pads 09 Jul 2006 00:32 #7

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Interesting pad.
Innovative to say the least
What packing if any was applied under the pad?
Just plain 4x4 cotton gauze, it breaths.

Does the thrush meds and toughner soak into the leather immediately or does it need to soak in the solution for a period of time?
The sole toughner soak into the pad immediately. The Thrush Magic is painted on after the toughner onto the pad.
You said this might be a "old street nail issue", could you explain what that is please?
"old street nail issue"- it is whne the horse steps on a roofing nail or drywall screw and goes deep enough the nick or puncture the DDFT and or the periosteum of P3 and or the navicular bone. It soon becomes infected and is a ***** to deal with. With a realtively new proceedure of infusion of antibiotic by the vets better luck has been had with this injury.

What is a culture taken for? and why?
Thank you.
Andrew Grimm
Sometimes cultures or samples are taken of a wound that is not healing to reveal the exact tpye of infection and or bateria that is present. These results give the vets a better assement of how to treat the wound.

RE:Steel Pads 09 Jul 2006 00:51 #8

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
Jaye,
Thank you for the explanations.
Why wouldn't a hospital plate be used in a case like this?
You've treated the foot and when the results of the culture comes back then the vet will prescibe the drugs to take care of the infection. Is that correct? Thank you.

Andrew Grimm
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Steel Pads 09 Jul 2006 01:00 #9

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Why wouldn't a hospital plate be used in a case like this?
It probally will, but you have to isolate the bactrium and dry out the hole.

You've treated the foot and when the results of the culture comes back then the vet will prescibe the drugs to take care of the infection. Is that correct? Thank you.
Probally debride the hole some more, do an infusion and then shoe the foot after results are given.

RE:Steel Pads 09 Jul 2006 02:53 #10

Jay:
In the past when I just used 4x4 cotton gauges pads under pads they had the tendency to move between shoeing and would ball up. In sandy soil there is a real problem with this especially if it is wet. The leather pad (alone) will swell and contract with different amounts of moisture allowing the packing to move. The best results I have had under a leather pad or any pad for that matter other than synthetic packing is oakum with either a medicated hoof pack or some type of pine tar. If properly applied, the oakum will look the same as it did when the shoe was applied. In this case I wonder if a support packing may be necessary due to the fact that the other hoof does not look like it is weight bearing. And I do not understand why the wait on the hospital plate on the bad hoof?
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

RE:Steel Pads 09 Jul 2006 08:38 #11

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
In the past when I just used 4x4 cotton gauges pads under pads they had the tendency to move between shoeing and would ball up. In sandy soil there is a real problem with this especially if it is wet.
I usually do not apply 4x4 under leather, cotton sole felt.The horse is stall bound.

The leather pad (alone) will swell and contract with different amounts of moisture allowing the packing to move. The best results I have had under a leather pad or any pad for that matter other than synthetic packing is oakum with either a medicated hoof pack or some type of pine tar.
I like Thrush Magic, it creates an aerobic enviroment under a leather pad. This pad is plastic/ leather combination.

If properly applied, the oakum will look the same as it did when the shoe was applied. In this case I wonder if a support packing may be necessary due to the fact that the other hoof does not look like it is weight bearing
The horse is weight bearing in the "Good" foot.

And I do not understand why the wait on the hospital plate on the bad hoof
Waiting for results of tissue culture and the "Bad" foot has been Dry packed and wrapped.

RE:Steel Pads 09 Jul 2006 10:26 #12

Jay
That explains a lot in the picture it looked as though the horse was not weight bearing on the bad hoof. Do the Vet’s use a tourniquet while infusing the hoof and how many times will they do it? I have a yearling that I am working on that needed the front of its coffin bone s****ed due to infection and they will infuse it and a hospital plate will be applied. We waited to apply the shoe due to the fact that the shoe would cover the area necessary to clear out the infection. I was wondering if there may be any benefit to waiting and if so with the tissue results will there be a different application in your case?
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

RE:Steel Pads 09 Jul 2006 10:42 #13

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
That explains a lot in the picture it looked as though the horse was not weight bearing on the bad hoof.
Not fully weight bearing but the injury sight is well recessed up in the foot. He hold the heel off the ground at rest, thus I believe pressure from inflamed corium or a nicked tendon sheath is a culprit.

Do the Vet’s use a tourniquet while infusing the hoof and how many times will they do it? I have a yearling that I am working on that needed the front of its coffin bone s****ed due to infection and they will infuse it
It will depend on the extent of the infection of how many time they will infuse. The tourniquet is used above the infusion point(S).

and a hospital plate will be applied. We waited to apply the shoe due to the fact that the shoe would cover the area necessary to clear out the infection
Same deal with the one posted here. The cultures will pin-point the bacterium so aggressive treatment with a select antibiotic can be used.

I was wondering if there may be any benefit to waiting and if so with the tissue results will there be a different application in your case?
Hospital plate application will be used because of the durability and ease of treatments to the bottom of the foot for the owner. I use a Dry pack and wrap, a powdered broad spectrum antibiotic, elasticon and gauzes. This gives the site an opportunity to breath per say while waiting for results.
A couple days wait for results of the tests can be beneficial in this case because of the vertical depth of the sole, yours maybe totally different.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Rude_n_Ugly birthday is today
  • Russ in WI birthday is today
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is today
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 1 day
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 1 day
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 1 day
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 2 days
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 2 days
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 2 days
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 364 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.