make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday May 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pad cutters

RE:Pad cutters 05 Jul 2006 11:16 #16

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Forgewizard wrote:
I really do wish some people in this trade would get over the idea that this job is a job of brawn. While it is not a job for the faint hearted or wimps, it certainly is a job more of finesse and brains rather than brawn!

Regards,
Kim
Kim,

Unfortunately, Just Passin Gas has given no indication that he/she/it possesses either brains or brawn, only anonymity.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Pad cutters 05 Jul 2006 11:47 #17

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Just passin through~ wrote:
Rick,i am so sorry
At last we agree on something.
It must of been when you were building yourself up useing God as your equal?
When have I ever said God is my equal? You really do need to both get your eyesight evaluated and take a class that is devoted to teaching the intellectually deprived, such as yourself, how to read for content in context.
So when you posted the outfit what did you expect me to believe?
I had and have no expectations on the subject of what you believe. It is of less importance to me than my concern over the afterlife of a dead fly(which is, none).
I know how you masters work~
Yet one more logical fallacy on your part, since the concept that you have knowledge assumes facts not in evidence.
Now i know it wasn't the blood of god in the cup and you were just teasing me?
Do you have some fixation on the incorrect use of the question mark? Or are you just so illiterate and challanged that you know no different?
Besides, were you anything more than an indifferent student, you by now would have learned that the religious icon referred to as a chalice is not a part of the religious ceremonies of my people, nor do we accept or use the concept of "the blood of God". but I digress.......
If it were me making a toast,i would of worn a "Hakama" Look that one up smartboy.............
I love the way you continue to display your ignorance.

Considering the context in which you attempt to apply the non-existant term "Hakama", I am going to make a leap of faith(don't you just love the dexterity with which I am able to keep the religious tenor of this conversation going?) that you are referring to the skull cap worn by some Jewish men either in the home or at the synagogue.

Unfortunately for you, your ignorance and lack of mastery of even the basics of that which you foolishly attempt to insult, the term for skull cap is spelled
"Yarmulke" or "Yarmelke" and is Yiddish. The term Yarmulka and its varient(s) has its roots in the Polish "Jarmulka" and the Ukranian, "Yarmulka"

In Hebrew, the word is "Kippah" or "Kippot".

Now go somewhere else and seek absolution for your pitiful existance. None is forthcoming here.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Pad cutters 05 Jul 2006 12:22 #18

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
This weekend I attended a clinic where the clinician used a RotoZip mounted in the hardy hole of his anvil to cut pads. I use a dremel tool with a Zip Bit to cut pads. I also have flush-cut a router bit that I install in my drill press to cut pads. Of these three options, I liked the RotoZip the best. The tool serves other purposes . . . but it requires electricity. A pad cutter requires no electricity. However it has less cutting depth than a Zip Bit or a band saw.

If you really want to look professional, wear a cowboy hat. It works for Stovall! :D
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Pad cutters 05 Jul 2006 12:29 #19

• tbloomer
  • Master
"Hakama?"

I thought that was imported Jewish wine!

Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Pad cutters 05 Jul 2006 14:45 #20

tbloomer wrote:
This weekend I attended a clinic where the clinician used a RotoZip mounted in the hardy hole of his anvil to cut pads. I use a dremel tool with a Zip Bit to cut pads. I also have flush-cut a router bit that I install in my drill press to cut pads. Of these three options, I liked the RotoZip the best. The tool serves other purposes . . . but it requires electricity. A pad cutter requires no electricity. However it has less cutting depth than a Zip Bit or a band saw.

If you really want to look professional, wear a cowboy hat. It works for Stovall! :D

My last post,Tom when i first started i used my nippers to cut pads,then i got an old leather cutter,then the duvall.But i advanced in time.I use to use Diamond nippers but i advanced to GE and DS.I use to use a rasp to file the pads,now i grind them.I myself don't go anywhere where there is no electricity,maybe one or two but electricty is not needed anyway.I myself buy sides of leather and hand cranking is obsolete for me.I buy nail on pads buy the sheet not the pair and is hard to do it by hand.I guess this board is a family thing and there is no room for outsiders,because if the master farrier ain't happy nobodys happy? Personally,i really don't care what anybody uses
for anything...............................A pocket knife will even work............

How come my post did not offend you? I know why,its because you are not a master Farrier?*G*

RE:Pad cutters 05 Jul 2006 15:44 #21

Just Passin Gas! I like that one!

Ahum, allright, guys there is only one way to cut pads, aluminum plates, even steel plates if need be and that´s with a jig saw.

It's versatile, not too expensive and if you decide to buy a heavy duty one like I did it lasts and lasts and lasts.......

What you need to do is hook up the handle of the jig saw to some kind of gadget that allows you to put it in your vise upside down. That way you can use the jigsaw as a table saw.

Mine cuts up to 1/4" aluminum. I cut leather pads, combined poly urethane/aluminum pads with no effort at all. It also allows you to cut out a half moon in the toe area whith the pad tacked to the shoe already. Just let the saw do it's thing against the pad and it will plunge through pretty easy. No need to pre drill a hole.

I mounted this one on a 1/2" steel plate that I use for welding and grinding my sliding plates.

Ronald Aalders

p.s. Rick, this one easily cuts through two combined 3 degree pads including a 1/16" aluminum pad, and all the way. I know I did it yesterday :D
Attachments:

RE:Pad cutters 05 Jul 2006 16:24 #22

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Ronald,
You dont cut down street signs to make those aluminum pads do you?
I've heard tell of guys doing this :)
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Pad cutters 05 Jul 2006 16:56 #23

George Geist wrote:
Ronald,
You dont cut down street signs to make those aluminum pads do you?
I've heard tell of guys doing this :)
George

Here in Holland street signs are made out of galvanised steel in stead of aluminum like in the US.

Maybe some smart ass governement guy worried about us shoers ripping those signs off of them poles..............

Ronald Aalders

RE:Pad cutters 06 Jul 2006 10:07 #24

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I use a Jackson pad cutter. It even does a pretty good job on #4 wedges and thick double nail pads. I carry a jig saw too but the pad cutter is faster for me.

I'm sure that not all band saws/blades are created equal and although a lot of guys use them, the complaints I hear are speed and binding.

Pad cutters, jig saws and band saws are all improvements over using nippers and knives like some of us did in days gone by.

RE:Pad cutters 06 Jul 2006 13:21 #25

• tbloomer
  • Master
Just passin through~ wrote:
How come my post did not offend you? I know why,its because you are not a master Farrier?*G*
I don't think your post offended anyone. Since a band saw is not something that is not usually sold at supply houses where professional farriers shop, I'm a little curious about how you were able to reason that this tool is capable of making a farrier look more professional. A pad cutter IS an item sold at most farrier supply houses that cater to professional farriers.

If I was to go shopping for a band saw, someplace like Lowes or Home Depot, I would be a little worried that I might run into one of my customers and then have to explain why a professional farrier would be tool shopping in such a place. So, in order to protect my professional image, I may be inclined to stick to single-purpose tools which are triditionally used by the masters. :)
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Pad cutters 06 Jul 2006 23:41 #26

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Lee Liles had a band saw setup in his rig years ago. It worked real well for him and was quite handy! It was a small tool that didn't take up much space and was at the level mounted on one of the sides of his rig, where he could walk up and cut pads all day. I have a picture of him using it but I have to get my kids to help me load it for this site??? I do consider Lee one of the Master's of this trade, he owns and operates the National Museum of Horse Shoeing Tools & Hall of Honor at his ranch, Carrousel Farms north of Sulphur, Oklahoma. His website is www.horseshoeingmuseum.com Best, Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Pad cutters 07 Jul 2006 15:34 #27

Lee is a nice guy, always ready to show you his really amazing collection of horse shoeing tools. Even when my wife and I dropped on his doorstep while he was training for an upcoming roping show he took half a day to show us around.

Ronald Aalders

RE:Pad cutters 07 Jul 2006 18:38 #28

This is the pad cutter my farrier uses.

I think it is a pretty nifty tool. It's a highly specialized gadget that only does one thing. How much more professional can you get than that?

http://images1.snapfish.com/3475532%3A7%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3238%3E949%3E677%3EWSNRCG%3D32338%3B53%3B%3A353nu0mrj

RE:Pad cutters 07 Jul 2006 19:49 #29

• TGRREEDS
i think hes referring to saddle breds and walking horses gaited shoers most likely use a band saw due to the package used i think thats why he ask if you cut one pad at a time.(not meaning cut all the pads for all 4 feet at one time) i think thats what hes getting at... to cutting a nail pad,wedge,build up if needed,and a leather all for one foot would be real time costly for a gaited shoer...im not sure but surely thats what hes getting at...

RE:Pad cutters 08 Jul 2006 07:54 #30

There is a time and place for all tools mentioned in this post the jig saw is necessary when cutting out the center of a bar shoe to make a rim pad. The pad cutter works better for me when I mark the pad and cut it before I place it on the shoe. The band saw will cut the pad close to the shoe after it is in place. Nippers work when all else fails. I personally have a pad cutter jig saw and bad saw in my shop. Also nipper’s occasionally. A lot of it is, what you get use to using. And what you can afford to put in your truck. In my mind any tool that saves you time is money well spent.
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

Kunena Birthday Module

• davegreen3358399335 birthday is today
  • J.Ravanelli birthday is today
  • lou_pre-farrier birthday is today
  • Melanie Arabsky Ledger birthday is today
  • melissa1991 birthday is today
  • mmhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • pinklauraloz birthday is today
  • cowboyjl birthday is in 1 day
  • rekawice6E18 birthday is in 1 day
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.