make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 20, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Myron McLane Apron.

Myron McLane Apron. 24 May 2006 02:44 #1

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
I purchased a long Myron Mclane Original apron from North East farrier supply. Bill dropped it off at my barn this morning allong with the rest of my order (what service!).

I opened up the box excited that I get to ditch my shorty Dura Pro Apron in favor of something with longer legs. Im a halfway tall guy 6'1 and not agresivley built, I weigh about 185lbs and have about a 33 inch waist. I went with the Medium - long. They looked and felt nice. So I tried them on.

Pretty much immediatly I was a bit disapointed about the fit on chaps on the inside of my legs. The leathers dont seem to wrap far enough around the inside of my leg. They go to about the seem in the pantleg maybe a little further (about the middle of my pants). My Dura Pro Apron wrapped much further in.

But they were Very light and comfortable and LONG. I was pretty excited about the length. I'm 6'1 and they came down to a few inches above my pant leg and were still VERY light.

The knife pockets were bit tight, but fit the knife well. This is good because I have problems with loseing knives out of my chap pockets on a regular basis. =] THey just fall out.. These stay in nice and snug. Its comforting... But The knife pockets were too high and too far wrapped to the outside. When I have the horses foot up I cannot acess the knife that is on the chap toward the horse. This is very anoying..

Another issue is that the velcro straps constantly made that velcro crinkle noise. This doesnt bother me but it seemed to get a few of the horses I was working pretty worried. In fact I moved a little under one and he leaped forward snorting and wide eyed.. This horse is typically good. This issue might go away when the chaps break in further..?

The chaps seemed of a very sturdy build quality. The fit was good, and didnt require much adjusting (asside form the inside of my leg). The waist belt has some elstic which helps you get a nice snug, but not overly tight fit. I I dint feel like they were falling off or too tight. I ditn have to re-adjust the belt after putting on the apron. This was nice. My other pairs of chaps I had to constantly adjust the damn things throughout the day.

But on my second horse of the day one of the saftey snap buttons pulled OUT of the chap belt it was rivited into. I dont think I can fix it without buying new parts. I'm a bit worried the other one will rip out too, but it held well. But this is not something to expect out of a brand new pair of chaps on the second horse.. Allthough they did hold up the rest of the day well. But this is probably a typical production issue. I dont feel like I bought an inferior product because of this. I'm sure it can be easily fixed, those types of things happen.

Another thing I did like was that the velcro straps from the inside of the leg were pretty darn wide. The problem i had with my Grand Circut apron was that every time I pulled the foot between my legs I would have to stuff the apron back down between my legs. This is a HUGE annoyance. The McLane apron however stayed put. This was very nice.

Even though my grand circut apron is quite a bit lighter on the scale the MM apron did not feel any heavier at all, in fact it felt lighter. I did find that i didnt notice a big differance when I took the Myron McLane apron off. I ussually notice when I take the Dura Pro off. I think this has a lot to do with how the McLane apron fits at the waist. It just stays put.

I did like the apron minus that inseem issue. That bothers me a lot and I find it hard to beleive that it would be diesigned like that. The knife pockets are a huge issue with me as well.

One half of me wishes that I just had someone make me a nice apron, but the other half really likes like way MM fits. I mean its comfortable as whearing your jeans and wears very light.

I like the apron, but I might have someone copy the design for myself with a few personal changes, or maybe even modify this one. I really like it, but a few things get under my skin. Perhaps some time will change that.

What do you think of this apron?

-Josh
________
Extreme vaporizer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Myron McLane Apron. 24 May 2006 11:04 #2

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
I have tried a few aprons but find that most are set up where they pull on my lower back when in shoeing position.
Still looking for an utra lite one with good protection from nails and sharp knife.

I always cut off the leg ties,(have had a nail hooked in apron and pull my leg with it due to secure leg straps).
Been doing this for so long I like a loose leg.

Velcro waist straps work fine, only problem I have found with them is when the velcro fills with hay, dirt, and other debri then it won't hold securely.
I guess I still like the long tie strings that go around the waist and can be tied in the front.
Although I do have an apron with a belt and it is held on with a press/slide thru type buckle. push on lever and belt slides through with ease. Kinda works nice. And quick to get off in emergency.

I think I favor a short length over the long ones. I want protectrion on my thigh area's.
The rest of it is mute to me. (kinda like chinks compared to shotguns)

I trim everynow and then without my chaps and boy do I hear it when I get home. Cindy is quick to notice the file holes in my jeans.
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Myron McLane Apron. 24 May 2006 11:39 #3

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
vthorseshoe wrote:
what does the 3rd one transcribe as, Rick?
"If youth only knew, If age only could"

I've used a C&M Apron for quite a few years and really like it. Tried the Myron, and have tried several others, but keep coming back to this brand. I too am tall, but no longer svelt :D and this apron has been the most comfortable to wear.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Myron McLane Apron. 24 May 2006 18:23 #4

I have a MM apron as well and have used it for about 2 years. It has did its job just fine. I actually had one made by Buddy Hite Aprons in Virginia and I like it alot. It is all leather and there really isn't a tremendous amount of weight difference that I have found. Pockets are larger then on the MM apron but they will free up a bit depending on the size of knife you use.
Chris Clark

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle."

RE:Myron McLane Apron. 25 May 2006 15:37 #5

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
I have two MM aprons, an original and a sparky and I love 'em. The fit is perfect for me, but of course I'm about Myron's size.

In reponse to vthorseshoe's comment about his wife getting after him for trimming without an apron, I was trimming my own without an apron when I got married (1961) and I didn't want to spend the money for one. My new wife pointed out that at that time an apron cost about what three pair of Levis did and I was ruining Levis at an alarming rate. Smart lady.
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:Myron McLane Apron. 28 May 2006 05:05 #6

I Like my MM Apron, Ive had it for two years now. Its the lighter one. It took a while to break it in. I changed the velcro strap on the back to a plastic snap type buckle. The only thing I dont like about the apron is the location of the knife pockets and if I have to hold a front foot realy low to nail my pants are exposed when nailing the medial side of the hoof. The knife pockets seem to be high (in the bend of my knee) and I have to hunt for my hoof knifes.

RE:Myron McLane Apron. 02 Jun 2006 03:30 #7

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Got a call from Mrs. McLane today. What nice folks. She is sending me an apron to use while they fix the snaps on mine. Great people! Its nice when a company stands behind their products!

-Josh
________
MONTANA DISPENSARY

RE:Myron McLane Apron. 02 Jun 2006 04:32 #8

• David Hayne
Hello,

Just wanted to give my opinion on the MM aprons....they are excellent....I find the pockets in the right position for me....I have the belt with quick release ( it works ) I also have the snap leg ties and although they unhook at times, they unhook for a reason ( horse jumps ).

I at times wish I had an extra pocket for my hoof pick when I just walk into the pasture with my trimming gear...would come in handie...the greatest tool on my apron is the magnet.....never go with out a magnet ( less ) apron again.

I do have a few burns on the apron.....but I am getting better at the forge now.....they also have different colours...light, reasonable priced and can slide those sharp nails out of my way....yeah.

Magnet .......Just my own experince....I always had a knee that gave me trouble....left knee....same side as the magnet on Myron Mclane's Farrier Apron......since I started using the apron....my knee does not trouble me anymore........the truth.

have a great day,

David

RE:Myron McLane Apron. 04 Jun 2006 03:44 #9

• Rancho JD
David Hayne wrote:
Magnet .......Just my own experince....I always had a knee that gave me trouble....left knee....same side as the magnet on Myron Mclane's Farrier Apron......since I started using the apron....my knee does not trouble me anymore........the truth.

I attached a north and south staggered 6x5 inch magnetic sheet with duct tape to my low back, starting fresh about 20 minutes under a horse my back was on fire like when you do that extra horse instead of going home. I pulled the sheet off and things cooled down directly, maybe it was the tape but i doubt it.

i slip this same magnet in the back of my shirt and attach it to the collar with paper clips at chess tournaments. a game can be blundered away in a few minutes or turn into a static 5 to 6 hour battle, the neck and shoulder tension is incredible and i can feel it being subdued like its just under the surface as the magnet keeps it in "check"

I have ideas now when to use it and when not to but why it does what it does and what all it will do is puzzling
Hit on 16 stand on 17 and split those aces, merry christmas!
'panhandler' Reno, Nevada.

Kunena Birthday Module

• filmbak62F7 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is today
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 1 day
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 1 day
  • Jan99504 birthday is in 364 days
  • milly7i0726 birthday is in 364 days
  • spotteddrafter1 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.