make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 20, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: the next best thing?

the next best thing? 12 May 2006 01:54 #1

Alright, so I remember when I finally got rid of that old wooden shoeing box and bought a nice aluminum box and made a big tall handle for it, and I thought I was in heaven. Then I bought a grinder and threw the hot rasp away, thought it couldn't get better. Finally I broke down and got a pad cutter, I knew that nothing could top that. So then I got a forgemaster forge and thought I died and gone to heaven. And now I got the hoof jack. That's right, I saw it and in a moment of weakness bought it, and I love it. I only use it for hind feet on these monster WB's but it is well worth it. Not to mention that my other hoofstand was metal and adjustable that was heavy and made alot of noise, this is light adjustable and the cradle is great. So I'm wondering, how many of you use a cradle? And if you use one, do you use it on all the horses you work on or just a select few?

Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:the next best thing? 12 May 2006 02:07 #2

Now all you need is some gloves and a milking stool. :p

I would have bought one allready if it wasn't so closely associated with the "alternative hoofcare" types.

RE:the next best thing? 12 May 2006 02:49 #3

• mbetteridge
I have one and I wouldn't be without it. I use it mainly on hind feet. Some horses don't like it at first, but it usually doesn't take them too long to figure out it's more comfortable for them too.

RE:the next best thing? 12 May 2006 10:31 #4

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
I've had one for quite a while and its become about like an American Express Card. I will use it on the front end of an American Warmblood(aka: drafter :) ) if that horse is really heavy with the front end. I also use it when I have to add a pour-in pad, especially in front. Its like having that third hand we always seem to need to get the material where we want it instead of all over ourselves.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:the next best thing? 12 May 2006 14:18 #5

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
I use one on just about everyhorse I work on. A select few dont like it. Sometimes if I'm just trimming 1-2 horses I'll keep it in the truck. I only use it on the hind feet and I do trimming and nailing on it. I couldn't do as many horses in a day as I do without it and my back doesn't hurt as bad at the end of the day when I use it. I have two off them one for the cradle and one that I mounted a piece of PVC tube to it to holed my clinching tools or if I'm trimming it holds my trimming tools. It's the best thing since sliced bread.

Andrew Grimm
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:the next best thing? 12 May 2006 14:29 #6

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
I use a cradle on the hinds all the horses I do makes it easier on the back. I currently have the hoof stand and cradle made by NC. I like the hof stand part but don't like the angled cradle.

I plan on purchasing a Hoof Jack as soon as I can afford it.

Roy, for your information the Hoof Jack was designed and manufactured by a farrier for farriers.

They also are coming out with a Tool Caddy (called the Tool Jack) there was an artical in the AFJ a couple issues back about the Tool Jack. I contacted them and they said it would be a couple months before they went on the market.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:the next best thing? 12 May 2006 15:14 #7

• wwhite1973
I call it my geriatric stand. I can do the old guys and gals closer to the ground and they love it. I also use it on the front of a roping horse that put two farriers in the hospital. She just doesn't like giving up the front feet, however, if you put them in the cradle and work on them she is fine.

Gary I saw a prototype of the tool caddy at the Hoof summit. The way they explained it to me was that you will be able to buy replaceable parts so if a horse does get it, you can order parts instead of having to buy a whole new box.

Wayne
AFA Member #10310 IRB Thoroughbred Licensed Blacksmith
Please! Don't steal. The government doesn't like the competition!

RE:the next best thing? 12 May 2006 19:35 #8

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Roy Amaral CJF wrote:
Now all you need is some gloves and a milking stool. :p

Was wondering where you went.

As for the Hoof Jack. I dont have one. I used one and it just seemed to get in the way. I have an NC stand. Its nice but its aluminum base is very noisy and the tool caddy does leave a bit to be desired. I use it when finishing. I do have a hoof cradle attachment I use sometimes as well. I ahve one of those horses too that does not like his foot held by the farrier, but stands all day with the hoof cradle.

-Josh
________
Honda TRX250R history

RE:the next best thing? 13 May 2006 00:51 #9

Gary_Miller wrote:
Roy, for your information the Hoof Jack was designed and manufactured by a farrier for farriers.

I don't doubt it. It does look like a really nice unit.

I want over to their booth at Equine affair last year with the intention of picking one up but ther were a bunch of "strasserites" there and NBS videos playing on his TV.

I went and got a beer instead. :)

RE:the next best thing? 13 May 2006 01:33 #10

Well my back sure doesn't care if the BUA, and NB use the thing. I like it. In fact I wish I would've gotten one a few years ago. So far as I can tell, the hoofjack hasn't given off any vibes and certainly hasn't told me how to trim or shoe my horses. If I were you Roy, I'd buy the thing, and celebrate with a beer.

Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:the next best thing? 13 May 2006 06:29 #11

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
While at Farrier school in '92, I saw a hoof stand with a cradle in a mag and copied it. An old harrow disk cut to a smaller diamiter, 1/8 pipe welded around the edge, adjustable stand hight.
I use it on every horse. If they don't like it, they learn. If a horse dosen't like nails being driven in do you glue on the shoes?
Many horses will leave their hind foot on the cradle while I go to the anvil to adjust the shape of a shoe.
I have two on the truck, but when I had only one, I drove about fifty miles to retrive it when the helper left the cradle at a stable before I did the next horse.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:the next best thing? 13 May 2006 11:57 #12

Roy Amaral CJF wrote:
I don't doubt it. It does look like a really nice unit.

I want over to their booth at Equine affair last year with the intention of picking one up but ther were a bunch of "strasserites" there and NBS videos playing on his TV.

I went and got a beer instead. :)

I personally don't like his selling techniques. He got a bit under my skin at Rolex, and rubbed me the wrong way. I don't like salemen much, and I don't like sales techniques that put you or your methods down to sell their product.

Roy, I'll buy the next beer.

Dianne

RE:the next best thing? 13 May 2006 12:46 #13

Dave,
now you just need the "San Francisco Fairyer" pogo stick to strap to your butt while you shoe! You could make a website called "Fairyer Gadgets" and post new movies daily... Stop Dancing! :D
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:the next best thing? 13 May 2006 13:49 #14

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Jason,
Wasn't that a bright idea. I imagined a guy walking between two horses and accedently hitting one in the hock and spooking it. The person would turn toward that horse and steep back a bit, instintivly, and wack the other horse, which was ready to go 'cause the first horse had him wound up.
Then there was the thought of going to sit on that thing next to a horse in an old barn and sticking the leg of the seat in an old knot hole and slaming your self down to the floor, hurting your back, being strap-ed to the thing with the spooked horse dancing just above you.
By the way, I'm from San Francisco, that's (what you wrote) why I left.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:the next best thing? 13 May 2006 19:07 #15

• Noreaster
Bill Adams wrote:
Jason,
Wasn't that a bright idea. I imagined a guy walking between two horses and accedently hitting one in the hock and spooking it. The person would turn toward that horse and steep back a bit, instintivly, and wack the other horse, which was ready to go 'cause the first horse had him wound up.
Then there was the thought of going to sit on that thing next to a horse in an old barn and sticking the leg of the seat in an old knot hole and slaming your self down to the floor, hurting your back, being strap-ed to the thing with the spooked horse dancing just above you.
By the way, I'm from San Francisco, that's (what you wrote) why I left.
Bill

Funny thing that....

I always imagined turning it around and mounting it in the front. It could be a big help when leaning forward to clinch the fronts.

...And for those times when you're waiting for the next horse to be brought out, you could just lean forward til it engages the ground and spin on it.
Kind of like stand & spin. <----Hours O' fun right there!!!

What's the worst that could happen???
1) either you'll be laughed out of the barn or...
2) you'll be the envy of every gelding in the place.

..either way, it'd be a good time for all.
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• filmbak62F7 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is today
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 1 day
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 1 day
  • Jan99504 birthday is in 364 days
  • milly7i0726 birthday is in 364 days
  • spotteddrafter1 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.