make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday July 3, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dem bones

Dem bones 04 Apr 2006 16:47 #1

Hey fellow farriers!

Found a site that has some P3's for sale at reasonable rates! Check 'em out! I've ordered some- to help illustrate to my clients what is inside that hoof!

http://www.eidnesfurs.com/bones.htm

Unfortunately they tell me they don't have any of the other bones of the lower limb.

Regards,
Kim
Regards,
Kim

Those who only consider cost, do NOT consider the cost to the horse!

The more we know, the more we know we need to know more! Ya know?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Dem bones 04 Apr 2006 18:24 #2

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
Too bad we can't order them as replacement parts
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:Dem bones 05 Apr 2006 10:43 #3

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
Hi Kim,

if you have a state vet lab nearby, perhaps they can save you some horse legs after they euthanize one or two...........take them home and either bury them or since you have red ants down there, put them in a cage and set them on top of the ant hill.......walla, down to bones in a short time

the ones I have unburied so far have had great features such as ringbone, sidebone, fused splint bones, etc......and if you do***ent it well, you will know what it looked like before and after

hope that helps

P.S......is anyone else twisted like me and had to click on the link below the horse hoof link to see the raccoon's pecker bone :eek: I'm still having trouble visualizing this

Derin

RE:Dem bones 05 Apr 2006 11:23 #4

Derin Foor wrote:
Hi Kim,

if you have a state vet lab nearby, perhaps they can save you some horse legs after they euthanize one or two...........take them home and either bury them or since you have red ants down there, put them in a cage and set them on top of the ant hill.......walla, down to bones in a short time

the ones I have unburied so far have had great features such as ringbone, sidebone, fused splint bones, etc......and if you do***ent it well, you will know what it looked like before and after

hope that helps

P.S......is anyone else twisted like me and had to click on the link below the horse hoof link to see the raccoon's pecker bone :eek: I'm still having trouble visualizing this

Derin

Not until you mentioned it. :)

Were the Grizzley Bear bone the Bears bones or what was in his stomach?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Dem bones 05 Apr 2006 12:19 #5

• wwhite1973
Derin,
P.S......is anyone else twisted like me and had to click on the link below the horse hoof link to see the raccoon's pecker bone I'm still having trouble visualizing this

I've never heard of a racoon on ******, have you?

There are a lot of coon hunters in your state. I imagine they would be happy to give you one and if not let me know and I will put you on my list to save you one next trapping season. Sharpen one end and they make great tooth picks! :eek:

Wayne
AFA Member #10310 IRB Thoroughbred Licensed Blacksmith
Please! Don't steal. The government doesn't like the competition!

RE:Dem bones 05 Apr 2006 17:40 #6

I can get you the all the horse bones you want. I can pickup horse legs front or hind for $20 bucks each from the knee down from the local rendering plant. At least that is what they were last time I was there.

Fronts are harder to get as I have to be there with a hack saw when they render a horse.. For some reason they do not save the fronts legs. I keep a full set in the truck for clients to look at while I work.

Takes me about a month to flesh and clean out. Very stinky smelly mess of a process, I've done taxidermy for years so I've got the equipment. When they are done you have a matching set consisting of: Hoof, Navicular, p3, p2 & p1.

Cost? uhh.. dunno.. material + my time & postage. Not looking at making a living at cut'n horses legs off for their bones. If you want'em I can get'm

Doug
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.farrierpro.com

RE:Dem bones 05 Apr 2006 17:44 #7

• hoofnhound
Thanks for the tip Kim,I just ordered 3.
Nice guy too.

RE:Dem bones 05 Apr 2006 19:31 #8

heard that the old mountain men used the racoon P-bone for toothpicks.. :eek:

Take a look:
Go to ebay and search for auction number: 7231296133

IST NOT my auction.... really...

Doug
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.farrierpro.com

RE:Dem bones 05 Apr 2006 20:08 #9

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
Hi all,

Some one should nail a shoe on a moose's hoof to show the bare footers how a shoe can help stabilize a bad toe crack, hee hee.

Kevin
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

Always strive to be the person your dog thinks you are.

if i was smart enought to spell properly I probably wouldnt be shoeing friggen horses for a living ay. Red Amor

If it don’t seem like it’s worth the effort it probably...

RE:Dem bones 05 Apr 2006 20:12 #10

• Peggy Dolan
Or a camel
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.

RE:Dem bones 08 Apr 2006 02:31 #11

I got my bones today! Woohoo!

I ordered 8 and asked them to mix the sizes. They sent me some very interesting specimens! SOme from minis and some from regular horses - way too cool! :D

Some show the toe divot, some show some tip remodeling, some show beginning sidebone, some show variances in porosity, beginnings of pedal osteitis, at least one has turned downward wings!, some also show navicular seat remodeling! I am going to have fun cataloging them!:D

I'll take pix over the weekend and post them here!

regards,
Kim
Regards,
Kim

RE:Dem bones 08 Apr 2006 17:08 #12

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Doug,
When I was teaching at the college, I use to get the legs from the "meat plant", you called it a "rendering plant". You Americans have a way with words, I like your term better. They were free, and I got them hot off the press, so to speak. You're right, it is a messy job.
It was interesting to watch the students the first nite, as they walked into class. The men were more squeemish than were the women. However, they all agreed that there was alot less kicking this way. They got to the real world soon enough. :rolleyes:

RE:Dem bones 08 Apr 2006 22:23 #13

• hoofnhound
Mine came today too..they're GREAT!
I got three and should have got more.
I got s,m+lg,some sidebone,an eroded and lipped tip on the mini,the large one is wry and twisted..the leg must have gone all over the place.Great stuff for only $2.50 each.
Thanks again Km for the tip.
Alison

RE:Dem bones 09 Apr 2006 19:50 #14

• Chloesmom
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here or not, sorry if I'm not, but I thought you guys might like to see these. They aren't cheap, but they're nice!

http://www.horsescience.com/

RE:Dem bones 09 Apr 2006 21:09 #15

Chloesmom,

Yup they are great models! I also have one of those - a hinged hoof model. My clients are always astonished to realize that it is an actual hoof! The specimen I have apparently was a fairly young horse that looks to have suffered from a fractured P3 and after that healed it was returned to work then what finally did him in was a fracture of P1 ! Poor horse, but great specimen!

Thanks,
Kim
Regards,
Kim

• Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Brazilian Farrier birthday is today
  • joplin_18_wren birthday is today
  • kbrooks1110 birthday is today
  • Doo Hume birthday is in 1 day
  • NeliaShott birthday is in 1 day
  • Txfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • My2Mares birthday is in 363 days
  • barefoot1 birthday is in 364 days
  • DavidinGA birthday is in 364 days
  • halfmiler birthday is in 364 days
  • hoofwoman birthday is in 364 days
  • Horsegeek birthday is in 364 days
  • michaelgalik birthday is in 364 days
  • Ray K Miller Jr birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.