make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday May 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mustad nails

Mustad nails 13 Mar 2006 21:12 #1

• Donald Ruff
Having somewhat of an issue they keep shearing.
Had this problem about 6 months ago with mx-50/60 and jc0/1 very annoying. then here this past week 3 different horses with sheared nails heads still in the shoe.
just wondering if anyone has ran into this issue, and how recent?
The nails that are left over have been disposed of. I am driving austrailian nails right now, which i really like.
I just like the mx-50/60 and the jc nails with the exception that they keep shearing on me.
Just wondering what anyone thinks about Capewell, they seem to be a few more dollars a box, are they worth it? I don't think Capewell makes an e head nail? do they?
What about Delta? Any luck?

Don
Knowledge is Patience and Patience is Knowledge
Slow is Fast and Fast is Slow
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Mustad nails 13 Mar 2006 21:44 #2

I use a lot of Mustad but found that the smaller nails tend to shear. I never had this with Capewell nails. I don't know if Capewell is stronger, I do know that nipping a Capewell nail gives a much louder 'nip' than the Mustads do. If the sound produced when nipped is a measurement for toughness, Capewell beats Mustad by a length. (I did hear Capewell is fully owned by Mustad BTW)

Ronald Aalders

RE:Mustad nails 14 Mar 2006 01:48 #3

• T.L. Buck
I've used quite a few Mustad nails with no major problems. I prefer the Aussie nails. They drive smoother and the don't break short when I clinch them.
~ Buck
~ Buck - Farrier

Main Entry: 1ex·pert .. Pronunciation: 'ek-"sp&rt, ik-'
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French & Latin; Anglo-French, from Latin expertus, from past participle of experiri
1: eX ... is an unknown factor.
2:...

RE:Mustad nails 14 Mar 2006 05:02 #4

• Donald Ruff
HMMM, Guess I have plenty to think about now.

Ronald, I know what you mean about the tensile strength of a nail. I wonder myself if that sharp snipping noise has anything to do with it. I Just really like those thin shanked nails, they really keep you out of trouble. Or get you into trouble if your in the wrong spot hehehe.

TJ, i agree Austrailian nails are very superior in all aspects. just wish they made a nail similar to a jc nail. Do you drive any of their e head nails? I guess i'll have to throw in a few boxes on the next order.

Don
Knowledge is Patience and Patience is Knowledge
Slow is Fast and Fast is Slow

RE:Mustad nails 14 Mar 2006 11:08 #5

Talk to the mustad, capewell, cooper rep sometime at a farrier conference and have them tell you about the 3 different kind of machines that they use at their 3 companies (all owned by mustad BTW) to make the nails and about the grade of steel used.

In a nutshell the process used and steel used for the capewells makes the strongest nail of the 3. They are pricy but I use mostly capewells.
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...

RE:Mustad nails 14 Mar 2006 13:49 #6

• THamilton
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Don,

I really like the Mustad Combo 5 Nail. I had trouble with the Aussie nails shearing off a few years back. The conditions were about the same as you are experiencing on the coast, at least for 35 days, wet soft and muddy with the possibility of manure and urine being retained in the mud. I attribuitted to a poor batch and the enviornment effecting them. It gave me time to exploe other nails and begin to use something that I otherwise might not have chosen to buy. Use this oppertunity to do the same.

Tha Combo 5 fits nicely in all shoe styles, well not those punched for E heads, and I have not had one shear... yet... knock on wood!

Tony.

P.S. You guys ar making me to want to try other nails too just to get a feel for them. *sob sob* Thanks *sob*again. ( another meaningful moment brought to you by the Baron) :D
"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing" Ralph Waldo Emerson

RE:Mustad nails 15 Mar 2006 00:38 #7

Had the same problem with the Mustad #5's a couple of years ago.. They would shear off. Especially in the wet cold environment here in Oregon.

Spoke with Mustad and they sent me out 2 new boxes of Mustad and 2 boxes of Capewell’s... Mustad's failed, Capewell passed.

Capewell's do not shear... Only thing I can contribute to this is that the steel is different in the Mustads..

Needless to say I've been driv'n Capewell Classic 5's and have not had the problem.

Doug
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.farrierpro.com

RE:Mustad nails 15 Mar 2006 02:41 #8

I had a chance to tour the Capwell plant here in CT once. It's a very modern high-tech manufacturing facility built around 19th century machines. :D

The nails are made from big spools of specialy made wire which I think they said came from Japan. Some special alloy made to their specs.

The Mustad nails were being shipped in loose to be polished and packaged here.

RE:Mustad nails 15 Mar 2006 03:19 #9

Roy,
Being a fancier of good dogs, i gotta say that is a Handsome pup! Has he built a shoe, too?
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Mustad nails 15 Mar 2006 04:19 #10

• T.L. Buck
I just want to know if that dog will hunt birds? Like they say if it is not a bird dog it is just a dog.
~ Buck
~ Buck - Farrier

Main Entry: 1ex·pert .. Pronunciation: 'ek-"sp&rt, ik-'
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French & Latin; Anglo-French, from Latin expertus, from past participle of experiri
1: eX ... is an unknown factor.
2:...

RE:Mustad nails 16 Mar 2006 03:39 #11

Jason Maki wrote:
Roy,
Being a fancier of good dogs, i gotta say that is a Handsome pup!

Thanks, Jason.That's Daisy she's 8 months old and just a great dog allready.

RE:Mustad nails 16 Mar 2006 22:48 #12

i also have used the mustad nails and i have found the same concern as the
rest also i noticed that when you try and twist you nail off the mustads just turn and turn and finaly you get a twisted bent nail and some times they wont even break over.in shoeing school we used capewell and they workes just like a dream twist off fast and easy crimping i belive in my short time shoeing (8) months capewell is the nail to use i know thats the only one i use now.

RE:Mustad nails 17 Mar 2006 02:45 #13

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Capewell Clasics.
No shearing problems and they have a nice bevel to drive smothe and clinch real purdy.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Mustad nails 17 Mar 2006 06:05 #14

I use mostly Aussie nails, but also some Mustad MX50 and JC1, I tried a box of Aussie AX50 and E5, I think the head of the Aussie nail is larger than mustads, but they do drive better. I like the Aussie Combo5 for resetting shoes.

I notice that if I use a heavier driving hammer the Mustads will seeem to be made of rubber, but the lighter driver works nicely.

Interesting about Roy's post and the mustad nails being finished and polished- maybe the polishing changes their temper?

Anybody use the Star, Izumi or March nails much?

Regards,
Kim
Regards,
Kim

Those who only consider cost, do NOT consider the cost to the horse!

The more we know, the more we know we need to know more! Ya know?

RE:Mustad nails 17 Mar 2006 06:44 #15

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
I tried useing mx-60's once. ****. Thats all I can say. I used them on one foot.. 6 of them bent into acordian shapes. Never again...
________
Volcano classic vaporizer
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Blackzmith birthday is today
  • Lisapony birthday is today
  • Mike Langhof birthday is today
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 1 day
  • ShirleyJ birthday is in 364 days
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.