make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 20, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Welding clips

RE:Welding clips 19 Feb 2006 07:01 #16

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
The two toughest ways to make a clip is with at cross pein hammer or a two handed device (bob punch, clip starter) I think that those are the ways they ought to convention clips and thats about it.
I still love my trusty ball pein, start it with one side finnish with the other.
As far as welding clips on with a wire feed, It was all the rage out here about 20 years ago when the horseshoe barn was selling the Les Emeory clips, I always thought that was a PITA as well.
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Welding clips 19 Feb 2006 07:17 #17

how does a bob punch differ from whata starter would do?
redd Mcintyre
Redd McIntyre

RE:Welding clips 19 Feb 2006 08:38 #18

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
for concave i use a jim poor cross pane
for plain stamped i use a ball pane
and for small stuff and aliminium i bob punch

i dont like that starter thing
its nice to use them all well

a bit like clinching
some use the hammer and pinchers
some use the gouger
some use the clincher

try perfect them all
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Welding clips 19 Feb 2006 13:41 #19

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Phantom Farrier wrote:
Sarah,

In the real world of everyday horseshoeing I think the chances of hauling out a welding machine and trying to find a twenty amp recepticle in some of the s...holes I work in is about slim to nil.

Better sharpen your forge welding skills unless you have your own shop for customers to trailer in to you.

Phantom :)

Last year I purchased a Henrob 2000 torch kit. So far I have used it to weld up to 1/2" steel and 3/8" aluminum. I haven't welded a clip with it. But I was planning to use this torch to make a continuous clip shoe for my shoe display - for The Guild exam. This torch welds like a TIG welder, 'cept you need to use flux with aluminum or cast iron/steel. One of the best tool investments I've ever made.

I did have a Victor torch kit, which I was using for welding and brazing. After buying the Henrob 2000, the Victor torch paled in comparison, but it was still a very fine torch for conventional oxy/acetylene work. I donated the Victor torch kit to an auction that Dave Ferguson held to benefit the Gulf Coast Farrier Relief Fund. At the IHCS, Danny Ward told me that he bought my torch kit at that auction. I thought that was pretty cool!

Tom Bloomer, CF
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Welding clips 19 Feb 2006 14:00 #20

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Redd,
If I'm correct in what I think you're talking about. Clip starters which go in the hardy holes work best on Standardbred shoes. I think if they could be made to take a little bit more of a bite they would work better on conventional saddle horse stock.

I can pull a pretty decent clip with them anyway but I find more filing than I like to do becomes necessary. The nice thing about it is that it's uniform. They will always come out exacly the same. With peening or bob punching although a nicer clip is usually produced, it is also easier to mess them up on a bad day.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Welding clips 19 Feb 2006 16:23 #21

• smitty88
  • Guru
tbloomer wrote:
Last year I purchased a Henrob 2000 torch kit. So far I have used it to weld up to 1/2" steel and 3/8" aluminum. I haven't welded a clip with it. But I was planning to use this torch to make a continuous clip shoe for my shoe display - for The Guild exam. This torch welds like a TIG welder, 'cept you need to use flux with aluminum or cast iron/steel. One of the best tool investments I've ever made.

I did have a Victor torch kit, which I was using for welding and brazing. After buying the Henrob 2000, the Victor torch paled in comparison, but it was still a very fine torch for conventional oxy/acetylene work. I donated the Victor torch kit to an auction that Dave Ferguson held to benefit the Gulf Coast Farrier Relief Fund. At the IHCS, Danny Ward told me that he bought my torch kit at that auction. I thought that was pretty cool!

Tom Bloomer, CF

tom how much would one of those cost
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Welding clips 19 Feb 2006 17:59 #22

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Redd,
Get a ball peen at a garage sale and grind the ball to more of a point. Then practice. Thake your old shoes and draw clips from one heel to the other. If the clips get in the way, bash them flat and make the next one next to it.
Flatland Forge makes a realy nice clip hammer.
Like Tom said (Hi Tom, Ada mentioned you yesterday), with a clip hammer, you only use one tool, so you save time.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Welding clips 20 Feb 2006 20:14 #23

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
Hi all,

Welding clips is hardly a subject worth an article never mind a movie. It seems odd to me that his developed procedure is the same as mine. Like Rick says drawing clips is no big but does take a lot of practice to get perfect clips everytime. I have drawn as many as 6 perfect clips on one shoe. Welding clips on certainly would be time consuming if you didn't have pre made clips and then there is the thing about digging out the welder. The only time I welded on clips was on a pair of draft shoes I made for a farrier friend . As far as drawing clips we had to draw clips with a bob punch in school which I think is the worst way. I can draw clips pretty much anyway but prefer a starter which I have 2, one which I made deeper to clip eventers.

Kevin
Attachments:
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

Always strive to be the person your dog thinks you are.

if i was smart enought to spell properly I probably wouldnt be shoeing friggen horses for a living ay. Red Amor

If it don’t seem like it’s worth the effort it probably...

RE:Welding clips 20 Feb 2006 22:40 #24

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
smitty88 wrote:
tom how much would one of those cost

I Paid $330 for mine. It came with a bunch of tips and a cutting attachment. It does not come with hose or regulators. I've seen them online for $350 to $375. It comes with an instruction book and a video.

You can do a search for Henrob 2000 and find all the online dealers.

It works just fine with standard oxy\acetylene regulators. If you are going to do very fine work like jewlrey, you need a two stage oxygen reg. But for regular welding and brazing, a standard reg works just fine.

Tom Bloomer, CF
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Welding clips 21 Feb 2006 23:58 #25

I really like the thought of using the cut off hardy to punch your own pre made clips out of steel. Never thought of that one!

Thanks!

Ronald Aalders

RE:Welding clips 22 Feb 2006 20:51 #26

• smitty88
  • Guru
cowboy_bc wrote:
Hi all,

Welding clips is hardly a subject worth an article never mind a movie. It seems odd to me that his developed procedure is the same as mine. Like rick says drawing clips is no big but does take a lot of practice to get perfect clips everytime. I have drawn as many as 6 perfect clips on one shoe. Welding clips on certainly would be time consuming if you didn't have pre made clips but then ther is the thing about digging out the welder. The only time I welded on clips was on a pair of draft shoes I made for a farrier freind . As far as drawing clips we had to draw clips with a bob punch in school which I think is the worst way I can draw clips pretty much anyway but prefer a starter which I have 2 one which I made to clip eventers.

Kevin

kevin what did you use to make your clips?
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Welding clips 22 Feb 2006 21:40 #27

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
smitty88 wrote:
kevin what did you use to make your clips?

The clips shown on the draft shoes I made out of 1/8 x 2 flat bar

Kevin
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

if i was smart enought to spell properly I probably wouldnt be shoeing friggen horses for a living ay. Red Amor

RE:Welding clips 22 Feb 2006 22:04 #28

• smitty88
  • Guru
cowboy_bc wrote:
The clips shown on the draft shoes I made out of 1/8 x 2 flat bar

Kevin
is this the same way you done the toe cap on the 2006 mail in shoe?
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Welding clips 22 Feb 2006 22:16 #29

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
Hi all,

I drew the toe cap like a long clip. Why do you say that it doesn't look welded?

Kevin
Attachments:
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

• Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• filmbak62F7 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is today
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 1 day
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 1 day
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 2 days
  • milly7i0726 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.