make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday May 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: forge welded bar shoe

forge welded bar shoe 16 Feb 2006 04:42 #1

• Donald Ruff
Can anyone help me out here i am really struggling with forging out a straight bar shoe. I can get about half the weld to turn out good the rest sticks up like a stiff wedding pr**k. Any advice? It would be greatly appreciated. I went through over 12 feet of bar stock today trying to get it right, i am hovering around 50% on the welds being of any use. The other half of the time about half the weld sticks and the other does not.

don
Knowledge is Patience and Patience is Knowledge
Slow is Fast and Fast is Slow
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:forge welded bar shoe 16 Feb 2006 05:08 #2

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Maybe you're just not getting them hot enought? Make sure the face of your anvil is warm and clean. Bring the shoe out quickly and strike a few quick blows then get it back in the fire and flux alittle more. Practice makes perfect or at least effective! Good Luck! Gary

RE:forge welded bar shoe 16 Feb 2006 05:17 #3

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Stop ruining good bar stock. Take a bunch of s****...old shoes...whatever you have laying around...and spend some time practicing your fagot welds. Then go back to practicing welding up the bars on bar shoes.

RE:forge welded bar shoe 16 Feb 2006 05:20 #4

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Easy Mike, he still had to break the toes and turn the branches, practice. Gary

RE:forge welded bar shoe 16 Feb 2006 07:34 #5

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Donald Ruff wrote:
Can anyone help me out here i am really struggling with forging out a straight bar shoe. I can get about half the weld to turn out good the rest sticks up like a stiff wedding pr**k. Any advice? It would be greatly appreciated. I went through over 12 feet of bar stock today trying to get it right, i am hovering around 50% on the welds being of any use. The other half of the time about half the weld sticks and the other does not.

don

donald are you useing gas or coke
you might not be getting to to ends tight enough together

they need to be married well
also make sure you clean the scarfs well

you might not be enough hang over
are you useing a step down weld
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:forge welded bar shoe 16 Feb 2006 08:28 #6

• smitty88
  • Guru

donald do you do it this way
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:forge welded bar shoe 16 Feb 2006 08:32 #7

• smitty88
  • Guru
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:forge welded bar shoe 16 Feb 2006 18:32 #8

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
Hi all,

Learning to weld is tough and there are a lot of things that need to be just right but once you get the system down you will wonder why you ever had trouble? I have a feeling that maybe you are trying to beat the weld together with brute strength. When I weld do what Smitty has shown but over lap more. I use sure weld as a flux and use a salt shaker to apply it less is better and my opinion is you don't want flux in the lap. I made my forge so I can take the torch off to preheat the anvil. You need to tack the weld before you can forge which means you don't want to hit the scarfs much harder than you'd want to hit you finger. I always hold the piece just off the anvil, hit a couple of times flip repeat untill the heat is gone.
Attachments:
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

Always strive to be the person your dog thinks you are.

if i was smart enought to spell properly I probably wouldnt be shoeing friggen horses for a living ay. Red Amor

If it don’t seem like it’s worth the effort it probably...

RE:forge welded bar shoe 16 Feb 2006 18:46 #9

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
Same kind of shoe
Attachments:
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

if i was smart enought to spell properly I probably wouldnt be shoeing friggen horses for a living ay. Red Amor

RE:forge welded bar shoe 17 Feb 2006 02:16 #10

• Hoofangler
Don,

I originally had the same problems in propane. Here's a couple of the fixes I was told. -Make sure your laps fit tight. -Like Cowboy said, don't over power your weld. Two or three hits straight down to set the weld then pull the weld into the bars with fast taps from the top of the face of your hammer (always use the FLAT face of the hammer), flip and do the same on the other side, reflux, reheat, finish the weld. When you first start to get the hang of it you might have to take a second heat to finish the opposite side of your first weld. -Use sure weld or Swan magi weld, pull it out when it looks shiny. I've been using an old shoe under my bar shoe so that the fire can surround the weld. Saw it in a magazine-it works great.

Mike

RE:forge welded bar shoe 17 Feb 2006 03:19 #11

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
Hi all,

Useing something like an old shoe really helps I just recently clued into that. I thought a piece of expanded metal (diamond shaped screen) would work great.

Kevin
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

RE:forge welded bar shoe 17 Feb 2006 05:39 #12

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Heat, lots of hot heat. What kind of forge do you have? A double burner would be best and a Forgemaster is used by the hotshots (pun intened).
I get every thing in place, even run a rasp to clean the slag from between the scarfs, get them to gether, add flux ,not too much, then get it as hot as the forge will get it. When the weld and the forge liner are the same color and as hot as it will go, hit it. For the first strikes, I don't let the shoe on the anvil (that is preheated) till the hamer is on the way down, then it's a few light hits from the center of the weld out, flipping it a lot. Don't over do it on the first heat, don't let it get too cold, brush and flux, and do it again.
Try to find a buddy that can weld, that helps a bunch.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:forge welded bar shoe 17 Feb 2006 15:44 #13

• Donald Ruff
Thanks for all the advice.
Bill I use an NC whisper Momma.
I also have a 3/8" thick peice of steel that i heat up to get my anvil nice an hot.
Smitty88 Yes that is the way i set it up.
Mike you know thats exactly what i called my welds when i couldn't get them right. I can see were you are coming from on using the bar stock. It's fun though.
Again thanks for the advice.
Don
Knowledge is Patience and Patience is Knowledge
Slow is Fast and Fast is Slow

RE:forge welded bar shoe 17 Feb 2006 18:20 #14

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
Hi all,

It's more technique than anything but I'm sure with a 2 burner it's a no brainer. I use a home made forge with a with a thrashed liner with the bottom bricks broken into about 10 peices I originally made with junk metal I had laying around and it workes fine. Sometime back I added doors then a depth adjustment for the burner.

I'm thinking about building a 2 burner out of checker plate that will be the envy of everyone. Anyone have a 2 burner with ideas about size of the box width and depth of the burners? I'm thinking of an idea of being able to tip the burners so flames hit the same spot for some serious heat when I want to weld.

Kevin
Attachments:
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

RE:forge welded bar shoe 18 Feb 2006 00:45 #15

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Kevin,
build a replica of a forge you like , that way you can order liner and parts.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• davegreen3358399335 birthday is today
  • J.Ravanelli birthday is today
  • lou_pre-farrier birthday is today
  • Melanie Arabsky Ledger birthday is today
  • melissa1991 birthday is today
  • mmhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • pinklauraloz birthday is today
  • cowboyjl birthday is in 1 day
  • rekawice6E18 birthday is in 1 day
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.