make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: shoeing the cutting horse

shoeing the cutting horse 30 Jan 2006 03:59 #1

• tgavette
just wondering what everyone else is using on cutting horses,I use a light weight rim for the fronts and a plain with trailers for the hinds.I work on alot of these guys and was wondering what else is out there that would give greater support for the hinds.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 30 Jan 2006 04:37 #2

Why do so many cutters have trailers on the hind feet? I've always thought that with all of the quick stops and turns that they do, the trailers would be harder on the hocks, than they would be supportive. I don't shoe any cutters, and havent' for quite awhile, but it's one thing I never understood. Maybe that's why I'm not shoeing any cutters anymore. That and there aren't very many of them in Ohio. ;)

Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 30 Jan 2006 07:30 #3

• tgavette
Dave without pleanty of shoe behind,these horses can sore up fast.Good cutting horses have such huge stops like reiners. you dont want their hind end driving into the ground,you want a shoe that will allow some slide. Cutting horses turn on their hinds just like a reiner would spin. fitting tight not supporting them behind would make it harder on them to stop /turn causing more stress.

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 30 Jan 2006 07:46 #4

Hi tagvette,

I shoe a few cutters, but I never looked at the trailer as an aid to help a cutter to slide even a little. And frankly I don't think you should.

When a cutter turns you don't need the heels of the hind feet digged in more than avoidable. That's where the trailers come in. They offer support. Like Dave said the drawback is it may hinder turning of the foot too, but that IMO is more of a matter choosing for the lesser evil here.

If sliding is a help like you think, just try some 3/4" sliders like you could use on a working cowhorse or a roper.

I don't think a cutter would like it.

Ronald Aalders

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 30 Jan 2006 12:38 #5

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
I shoe a few of these guys.

I will put a lite rim in front maybe a half round it depends on what he is along with physical factors. I have had to go to more steel in front on some aged horses that are heavy because the lite steel did not provide enough support.

Behind I go with plains mostly. This is where you sort the great horses no-matter who or how they are shod from the horses that need all of the help a Farrier can give. I like plain shoes with extended heels sometimes they will be no more that big heel checks up to regular extended heels.

Unless they are what I call "scooters"(sliding past cattle) I wont put on a trailer.

More later my partner has arrived.

Jeff ,CF
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 30 Jan 2006 14:15 #6

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
I'm with Jeff on the extended heels. 1/4 to a 1/2 inch at the most. Best, Gary

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 30 Jan 2006 18:51 #7

• tgavette
Hi jeff, I agree every horse is differnt,some stop with the cow some slide past.What kind of plains are you using?also what kind of problems do you see in using a 3/4 slider I have seen many with hand mades that are basicly a slider.I have had vets wanting a shoe that forgives in a stop letting the horse slide some rather than force a stop is this wrong?

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 31 Jan 2006 03:37 #8

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
T

I like the Kerchhaerts but I use some lite plain St.Croix and some Xtra's. The kerchhaerts forge well and the heels are beefier in case I want to put some steel out the back.

The sliders or plain stamped shoes make more sense in relation to being easier on the horse or his hocks. But most of these guys get into the ground pretty hard and the trainers want them to stop not slide.

Not forcing the stop in not wrong it just doen't get a cow whacker to the pay window often enough to keep us employed. Alot of these horses will at least have some blemishes on the hocks.

Remember if at the last show the winning horses head was painted purple at the next show you will see several.

Jeff, CF
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 31 Jan 2006 03:47 #9

• Donnie Walker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 3
I shoe alot of cutters and see every type of shoeing method imaginable at the shows. There were many losing their footing at the Ft. Worth finals due to the ground conditions. There were sliders, plains, caulks, trailers, rims, eventers, diamond competitors, etc. The practice pens also vary so much that a method acceptable in my area might not work 200 miles up the road. Also, each trainer has an idea, based on his training pen and past experiences at the shows. I received one last month from out of state that had diamond caulks on the rear, and was told he was such a hard stopper that he must be shod in that manner to keep from sliding underneath himself. I did as I was instructed and two days later was asked to remove them because the stop was too abrupt for the ground conditions. I do not extend or trailer a hind shoe and am never asked to do so by the trainers for whom I shoe, and, "knock on wood", none sore up. As I check their stops in the practice pen I notice the toes rotate downward into the dirt, creating the stop, and that the heels elevate slightly. I drill, tap and plug when sending them to a meet so the trainer can install a threaded stud if more traction is needed in the event the dirt is shallow with a hard pan, which is generally not the case. I always remember that tomorrow is "another day", subject to change without notice.

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 31 Jan 2006 11:39 #10

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
Donnie

You are exactly right,subject to change without notice. I have shod some of these guys and wondered, why?, but usually have got to practice sound shoeing principals. Most of the trainers I have worked for are good horsemen and my opinions can be explained to them and they actually listen.

Jeff, CF
Jeff Holder

RE:shoeing the cutting horse 03 Feb 2006 06:09 #11

i own and show a cutter and i like to put st criox eventers up front and extra ez with a rocker toe on the back it takes some of the stress off of the hocks

Kunena Birthday Module

• Chris Daniel birthday is today
  • FordWayFarm birthday is today
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is today
  • Alykee07 birthday is in 1 day
  • Anvil375 birthday is in 1 day
  • Martin Kenny birthday is in 1 day
  • mattsherberg43 birthday is in 1 day
  • missjestr birthday is in 1 day
  • Mitch White birthday is in 1 day
  • ravensgate birthday is in 1 day
  • Tim Neal birthday is in 1 day
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 363 days
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 364 days
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 364 days
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.