make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday June 26, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium?

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 16 Aug 2011 14:06 #61

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Phil Armitage wrote:
Yea, but your sacrificeing the time spent developing hammer control. Draw your own clips, forge your rolled toes and rocker toes in the end your saveing time and developed great skills.

I hear this argument a lot but I don't necessarily agree with it. I think that hammer control is important, but not to the degree you need to have to make a decent handmade shoe in a practical time for everyday shoeing.

It's the beauty and the curse of keg shoes. Of course if you're willing to spend the money on inventory to keep several different types of shoes to avoid doing a lot of forgework go ahead.

I do most of my work in handmade shoes, but that's my choice. I don't have some arrogant sense of duty like a number of people on here do thinking I'm cheating the horse and the trade by not being a proficient shoe maker. I just enjoy shoemaking, it's a big part of why I'm in this trade. Certainly I could have a higher profit margin based on hours per day vs horses shod and final net dollars. But I look at it as people willing to pay me for my hobby. I would probably make shoes either way, this way I make money for doing it.

I take pride in being able to do it, and still meet the horses needs. But not this overbloated sense that makes me feel justified in looking down my nose at those who don't or don't care to, and still manage to get the job done.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Justacowboy

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 17 Aug 2011 01:02 #62

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
Joey Aczon wrote:
I hear this argument a lot but I don't necessarily agree with it. I think that hammer control is important, but not to the degree you need to have to make a decent handmade shoe in a practical time for everyday shoeing.

It's the beauty and the curse of keg shoes. Of course if you're willing to spend the money on inventory to keep several different types of shoes to avoid doing a lot of forgework go ahead.

I do most of my work in handmade shoes, but that's my choice. I don't have some arrogant sense of duty like a number of people on here do thinking I'm cheating the horse and the trade by not being a proficient shoe maker. I just enjoy shoemaking, it's a big part of why I'm in this trade. Certainly I could have a higher profit margin based on hours per day vs horses shod and final net dollars. But I look at it as people willing to pay me for my hobby. I would probably make shoes either way, this way I make money for doing it.

I take pride in being able to do it, and still meet the horses needs. But not this overbloated sense that makes me feel justified in looking down my nose at those who don't or don't care to, and still manage to get the job done.

Can I get an Amen?!
Forget thinking outside the box, instead realize there is no box.
- Alicia Thompson

http://thompsonfarrierservice.com

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 19 Aug 2011 10:54 #63

Joey when Farriers encouraged me to learn how to make handmades, clips, forge weld, fuller make a decent heel and gave me constructive criticism. It helped me and the horses I shoe. At first a came across as arrogant but now I see what they were helping me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 19 Aug 2011 11:31 #64

• BPethick
  • Very Senior Member
Shoe making is about developing forging skills.
Learning to use your hammer and the horn on your anvil.

Yes, you can buy just about anything you may ever need to shoe a horse.
The difference is in how much ability you have to fit any given shoe to a foot.

If you have any doubt, watch someone proficient at turning shoes shape up a machine made at the anvil versus someone who is not. ;)
Bob Pethick CJF AFA #1340
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Only those who have the patience to do things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily...

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 19 Aug 2011 12:11 #65

• IronBanger
  • Contributing Member
BPethick wrote:

If you have any doubt, watch someone proficient at turning shoes shape up a machine made at the anvil versus someone who is not. ;)

Well said Bob!
nick young

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 19 Aug 2011 13:12 #66

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
BPethick wrote:

I understand that Bob, furthermore I agree with you. But do you really think that level of skill is necessary for everyday shoeing with keg shoes? I'm all for promoting the ability, but what I have a problem with is guys that get snobby about it like you can't do a decent job on a horse without knowing how to crack a toe bend.

Yes, a person learning proficent shoemaking skill is going to learn how to get a nice shape shoe on a horse faster than someone just shaping keg shoes, but I also think it has to do with time at the anvil. Obviously someone making shoes is going to spend more time at the anvil and gain experience faster.

That said I have been trying, in vain, to start up a hammer in at my house for months now. But I can't get anyone interested.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 19 Aug 2011 19:36 #67

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Joey, who really wants to fire up a forge in these 110 degree heat we have?? Wait til the first cold front and the forges will start blowing again..:D Right now the only handmades I have to make are liteshod and I dread them in this heat...
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 19 Aug 2011 19:55 #68

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Joey Aczon wrote:
... But do you really think that level of skill is necessary for everyday shoeing with keg shoes?

Necessary? No. For better or worse, "farriers" nail 'em up every day.

Important to assure quality work? Versatility in product delivery to best meet the needs of the horse? Respect for and continuance of the traditions that so often sets this trade apart from many others? Necessary to develop confidence in your ability to meet the needs of the horse?

Absolutely!
Yes, a person learning proficent shoemaking skill is going to learn how to get a nice shape shoe on a horse faster than someone just shaping keg shoes, but I also think it has to do with time at the anvil. Obviously someone making shoes is going to spend more time at the anvil and gain experience faster.

And that's it in a nutshell. More time at the anvil, forge and under a horse. You can teach knowledge. You cannot teach experience.
That said I have been trying, in vain, to start up a hammer in at my house for months now. But I can't get anyone interested.

They're probably tired from nailing up kegs on 12 horses a day. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I install keg shoes too. I also spend a lot of late nights demonstrating over and over again why I need even more time at the anvil and forge.

People occasionally ask me what I do for a living. It feels almost a gross exaggeration to tell them I'm a farrier.

Cheers,
Mark

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 20 Aug 2011 01:18 #69

• Eric Russell
  • Thank you received: 19
I haven't read the thread but both shoes suck. as the conformation / natural angle of p3 changes so does the shape of the toe. Shaping the toe of a shoe which is excessively wide is tough.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 20 Aug 2011 02:58 #70

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
chris bunting wrote:
90% of shoes i use are handmades .
chris

smitty88 wrote:
Tom were not in this for the money
we are in it for the love of job

7 generations of love for the job

Alicia Thompson wrote:
Too funny Tom I had the same thought about hand making nails, but didn't post it. Tradition is nice but results are what matters.

Quite honestly if in 30 years they come up with a machine that x-rays and attaches shoes to my requested specifications via x-ray. Guess what I would think that fabulous.

Anything to get the horse performing to it's best and I 100% don't see that hand making shoes makes a difference. I have even heard owners referring to them as "homemade" shoes, with a wrinkled nose at the thought.

Brand identity actually does make some difference to clients these days even in horseshoes. They want the brand on the back of the magazine, which is perceived as superior.

In fact in the modern times we now live I would say that for the most part anything that we can hand make can be made more precisely via machine. I have seen the difference being a few mm off can make.

I want precision on my horse and clients horses so if I can buy it cheaper, easier, better AND faster than making it..... to each their own.

I believe it was Craig Trnka who once said something to the effect of "lack of ability tends to really weigh down your truck"

I'd tend to agree with Chris and John. As long as you've got a fire, hammer and anvil you'll not need to be buying this stuff.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 20 Aug 2011 05:41 #71

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
the 2 posts #63 and #64 by Phil Armitage and Bob Pethick explain in far better words what i was trying to say
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 20 Aug 2011 08:04 #72

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
Should folks forge their own racing plates too?
Ant.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 20 Aug 2011 11:54 #73

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Anthony_Lawrence wrote:
Should folks forge their own racing plates too?
Absolutely! Should hand make and sweat in the grabs as well;):)
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 21 Aug 2011 15:00 #74

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Bring back the 1960s...

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 21 Aug 2011 16:12 #75

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
brian robertson wrote:
Bring back the 1960s...

They would have had to be craftsmen in them times
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

Kunena Birthday Module

• cowgirlup birthday is today
  • gabear67E2 birthday is today
  • jimmyoyow birthday is today
  • AClement birthday is in 1 day
  • andreanelson birthday is in 1 day
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is in 1 day
  • Docbarhorse birthday is in 1 day
  • SherryinPA birthday is in 1 day
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.