make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday June 26, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium?

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 04:45 #46

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Anthony_Lawrence wrote:
Alicia what does OCD stand for?

Yup OCD in my case it is balance, pattern, symmetry based. Okay and when I took microbiology in college I had a short lived issue with germs. lol I am mostly over that thank God.
Forget thinking outside the box, instead realize there is no box.
- Alicia Thompson

http://thompsonfarrierservice.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 04:51 #47

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
Gary Hill wrote:
Can you tell when a freshly shod horse stands on concrete and puts a roll into one toe and not the other??:confused::cool:

Maybe not initially but if there is more tension on one dft it will eventually effect stride, and muscle tension will be uneven, which will effect flexibility.

In the hind end the differences are much more easily felt and I quite honestly would be able to feel something was uneven depending on the footing. When you focus on riding your horse very straight and between the aids the minor differences in muscles, push from left to right, and joint range of motion is pretty easy to pick up.
- Alicia Thompson

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 05:19 #48

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
Tom,did anyone take it that far? Were talking about having skills to do this job, not the skills to make the products to make the stuff to do this job. You take things to far. If you got a problem with oraganizations and their theories, go tell them.

See I actually thought the same way as Tom. As civilizations progress we mechanize what can be done cheaper, easier, and faster via specialized production.

Who is to say where that line needs to be drawn, or if indeed it does? Have the skills to do it yourself when needed but there is no need that we stop any and all modernization of the trade.

Also if the forge work is a passion for some, that is fabulous. For me I am more thrilled with the puzzle solving this career involves.

I love the part where we discover what the horse needs, what it doesn't need but can benefit from, and seeing how our changes effect the horse as it works.

Anyways the only reason this became an issue is that I will admit that I find it close minded to assume that everyone has to do things the same way. How do we keep pushing each other and sharing information if we make petty issues sand between us.

Hell I just want to help horses. If you think I am less than you because I choose to purchase and apply shoes that are partially modified instead of doing ever hammer blow myself.... well I will admit I think that is silly.
- Alicia Thompson

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 07:02 #49

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
alicia , i probably worded it wrong , i meant to say why worry about the finish on a readymade when all we do is put it in the forge bash it with hammer and grind/rasp to polish it up . IMO finish is the least important factor , nailholes and section mean more to me and i think nailholes in factory shoes are either to coarse or fine for a lot of equine . we are being forced by manufacturers and wholesalers via the media to shoe horses their way , not what in the majority of cases the way that is best for the individual
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 11:13 #50

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
Tom,did anyone take it that far?
You tell me.
chris bunting wrote:
i dont quite understand why folk take on a traditional hands on profession then look for ways to take shortcuts and easier ways when it is a known fact it is a physical and hands on craft that requires a lot of forge work . perhaps its just me that sees it this way
chris
chris bunting wrote:
90% of shoes i use are handmades .
chris
Were talking about having skills to do this job, not the skills to make the products to make the stuff to do this job.
What's this "we" are talking about? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
You take things to far. If you got a problem with oraganizations and thier theories, go tell them.
Jump threads much?
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 11:52 #51

• tbloomer
  • Master
chris bunting wrote:
alicia , i probably worded it wrong , i meant to say why worry about the finish on a readymade when all we do is put it in the forge bash it with hammer and grind/rasp to polish it up . IMO finish is the least important factor , nailholes and section mean more to me and i think nailholes in factory shoes are either to coarse or fine for a lot of equine . we are being forced by manufacturers and wholesalers via the media to shoe horses their way , not what in the majority of cases the way that is best for the individual
chris
Maybe you don't have the selection and variety of shoes available that we have here in the US. Most machine made shoes are graduated in cross section according to size. I carry 3 different shoe profiles of various brands in course, medium, and fine nail holes. On a coarse nail shoe I don't have any problem fitting a nail line to the white line and then boxing and safing the shoe to the foot.

What I can't get without ordering several thousand feet or paying substantially more than the cost of machine made shoes is 3/8" x 7/8" flat bar, 5/16" x 3/4" flat bar, half oval flat bar, and hot rolled concave. So if I WANT to forge shoes that give me the same variety of sections that I can get in machine made shoes, I would have to bump, swage, or draw out steel or aluminum from whatever selection of bar stock is available.

I don't forge hand made shoes to serve MY NEEDS. I am well capable of doing that, and there are times when I must do that in order to serve the needs of the horse.
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 14:30 #52

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Alicia Thompson wrote:
See I actually thought the same way as Tom. As civilizations progress we mechanize what can be done cheaper, easier, and faster via specialized production.

Who is to say where that line needs to be drawn, or if indeed it does? Have the skills to do it yourself when needed but there is no need that we stop any and all modernization of the trade.

Also if the forge work is a passion for some, that is fabulous. For me I am more thrilled with the puzzle solving this career involves.

I love the part where we discover what the horse needs, what it doesn't need but can benefit from, and seeing how our changes effect the horse as it works.

Anyways the only reason this became an issue is that I will admit that I find it close minded to assume that everyone has to do things the same way. How do we keep pushing each other and sharing information if we make petty issues sand between us.

Hell I just want to help horses. If you think I am less than you because I choose to purchase and apply shoes that are partially modified instead of doing ever hammer blow myself.... well I will admit I think that is silly.

Look you wanna buy everything that's fine, I never said it was wrong. I never said I made everything but that it was good to have the skill to make what you need when a store bought wasn't going to work. I don't believe you can buy everything you need or modify those store boughts without the skills from the past of this trade. Unless like Mr. Stovall you've got a plasma cutter or CNC machine and can cut it out.

I also never claimed to be or said I was better than anybody. I don't even claim to be good at this profession. So don't put words on me I didn't write. I just thought that your statement about buying everything cause machine made is better was a bit ridiculous. Let's leave it at that.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 14:36 #53

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
tbloomer wrote:
You tell me.

What's this "we" are talking about? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Jump threads much?

Just you in this thread took it that far, but we all know your the smart one so...

Sorry, my grammer must have taken a vacation. I know your smater than me so feel free to correct anything you deem proper.

Sometimes jumping threads happens. You made the statement about how some people think if your not doing things thier way then it's wrong and that kind of leads back to some statements made by some WCB members and some threads with Mr. Stovall. If a person keeps track of things they know where others stand in these discussions and we all have seen where you feel the organizations are at, so just made a bit of a leap. Sorry if that put you off, maybe you have tender feelings, I didn't mean to upset you.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 17:20 #54

• tbloomer
  • Master
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
. . . You made the statement about how some people think if your not doing things thier way then it's wrong . . .
No. Alicia said that.
and that kind of leads back to some statements made by some WCB members and some threads with Mr. Stovall. If a person keeps track of things they know where others stand in these discussions and we all have seen where you feel the organizations are at, so just made a bit of a leap.
Yea I get that. It's sort of like quantum mechanics where you open the box and Schrodinger's cat is eating a horse that swallowed a cow that swallowed a goat . . .
Sorry if that put you off, maybe you have tender feelings, I didn't mean to upset you.
LOL! I wasn't telling a lie when I said I don't take BS "seriously."
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 20:39 #55

Alicia Thompson wrote:
It's called saving time.

Yea, but your sacrificeing the time spent developing hammer control. Draw your own clips, forge your rolled toes and rocker toes in the end your saveing time and developed great skills.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 20:57 #56

Alicia Thompson wrote:
In fact in the modern times we now live I would say that for the most part anything that we can hand make can be made more precisely via machine. I have seen the difference being a few mm off can make.

I want precision on my horse and clients horses so if I can buy it cheaper, easier, better AND faster than making it..... to each their own.

If that were true I would use more manufactured bar shoes.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 21:45 #57

• tbloomer
  • Master
Phil Armitage wrote:
If that were true I would use more manufactured bar shoes.
Henrob 2000 makes fast bar shoe welds. ;)
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 15 Aug 2011 22:28 #58

• tbloomer
  • Master
Phil Armitage wrote:
Yea, but your sacrificeing the time spent developing hammer control. Draw your own clips, forge your rolled toes and rocker toes in the end your saveing time and developed great skills.
My clipping hammer got out of control and ran off with Linda. :mad:
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 16 Aug 2011 05:17 #59

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
Re handmade versus machine made.

I know guys (sorry not many lady farriers around here) who make more money than me and all they do is slap on the cheapest kegs they can get their hands on and wouldn't know what a forge was if it fell out of a packet of cornflakes.

I charge substantially more, but I can't do a hot set any faster than 50-55 min and if there are mods, commensurately longer. Handmades? Hah! I only do them because I want to, because I can't get paid for doing them around here... and it just gives me a bit more mystique.

But the steel hangers can still line 'em up and knock them out in 20 - 30 min a head and are in the pub by midday while I'm still out there late f@rt-@rsing around trying to do a good job.

Well I'm just built that way, I'd handmake everything if I could get the money, but it just ain't worth it.

As a matter of fact, when I moved to this area I swore I was just going to hang steal and leave the high falutin stuff to others... couldn't do it.

But I am partly with Alicia, if I can buy a machine made that I like and is good for the horse, and only modify as necessary, stuff it, that's what I'm going to do to save time and I'll just make a few here and there for my own amusement.
Ant.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 16 Aug 2011 13:20 #60

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
Exactly Anthony.

Also since folks seem to equate not wanting to do all the work myself to me saying I don't do forge work at all.

I should just go on record saying I did spend an hour and a half on Saturday changing a whack of shoes I bought and dislike into ones I can actually use.
- Alicia Thompson

Kunena Birthday Module

• cowgirlup birthday is today
  • gabear67E2 birthday is today
  • jimmyoyow birthday is today
  • AClement birthday is in 1 day
  • andreanelson birthday is in 1 day
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is in 1 day
  • Docbarhorse birthday is in 1 day
  • SherryinPA birthday is in 1 day
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.