make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium?

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 18:25 #31

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Alicia Thompson wrote:
Too funny Tom I had the same thought about hand making nails, but didn't post it. Tradition is nice but results are what matters.

Quite honestly if in 30 years they come up with a machine that x-rays and attaches shoes to my requested specifications via x-ray. Guess what I would think that fabulous.

Anything to get the horse performing to it's best and I 100% don't see that hand making shoes makes a difference. I have even heard owners referring to them as "homemade" shoes, with a wrinkled nose at the thought.

Brand identity actually does make some difference to clients these days even in horseshoes. They want the brand on the back of the magazine, which is perceived as superior.

In fact in the modern times we now live I would say that for the most part anything that we can hand make can be made more precisely via machine. I have seen the difference being a few mm off can make.

I want precision on my horse and clients horses so if I can buy it cheaper, easier, better AND faster than making it..... to each their own.

Where do you buy shoes that fit precisely out of the box? Don't they have to be shaped or modified to fit precisely? How about a lateral extension straight bar shoe. can you buy one that fits? I bet Smitty can make one that will fit precisely in a short time while your running around looking for one and never finding it. I'm all for saving time and making money but without the skills retained from the tradition/history of this trade your lacking in providing what the horse may need on a given day. Buy what you can but make sure you can make what you need when the need arises.

Also, owners perceptions really are not what drives what I do. It's advertising and marketing that THEY see and want, but it may not be what the horse needs. So are you going to do what the owner wants or what thehorse needs. Just cause a shoe is bright and shinney in a magazine doesn't make it the best shoe for the job. Educate them and you won't have to listen to homade, you'll get, wow those shoes you made really made the difference.

All just my opinion.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 18:33 #32

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
smitty88 wrote:
Precision now thats a nice word:confused:

Well Smitty like most things perception is a personal thing.

We all see the world differently, and yes I do actually consider myself damn precise when I set up a horse.

My clients love that I will make tiny little changes then watch them move only to make another little change to improve on the results till we are all three owner, farrier and horse quite happy. I am always the last of the three to be satisfied.

As a rider and one who spends a lot of time watching my clients horses move and work, the results are what matters to me not materials used.
Forget thinking outside the box, instead realize there is no box.
- Alicia Thompson

http://thompsonfarrierservice.com

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 18:37 #33

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
Buy what you can but make sure you can make what you need when the need arises.

Totally 100% agree, And uh damn right I could make one, no problem. But honestly I don't think buying stuff means you suck. Of course I shape every shoe I apply, I do not however see the need for everyone to do things in the exact same manner.
- Alicia Thompson

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 18:43 #34

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
Educate them and you won't have to listen to homade, you'll get, wow those shoes you made really made the difference.

All just my opinion.

Well I actually agree with them. Remember I am OCD so it matters to me that the human eye cannot possibly make shoes every cycle for years that are the same exact weight, and exact weight distribution, same exact fullering as to how it effects stride, same exact roll to the fraction of a mm. Exactly the same rise on a wedge again to the mm.

As a rider I have felt the significant difference the millimeters can make.

I choose to let a machine set to exact parameters deal with that.
Machines do this and do this precisely. I will take it from where they stop and then customize it to the horse.

Again not saying another way is wrong just getting a bit cheesed off that others think their way is the only way.
- Alicia Thompson

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 18:50 #35

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Alicia Thompson wrote:
Well I actually agree with them. Remember I am OCD so it matters to me that the human eye cannot possibly make shoes every cycle for years that are the same exact weight, and exact weight distribution, same exact fullering as to how it effects stride, same exact roll to the fraction of a mm. Exactly the same rise on a wedge again to the mm.

Machines do this and do this precisely. I will take it from where they stop and then customize it to the horse.

Again not saying another way is wrong just getting a bit cheesed off that others think their way is the only way.

Can you tell when a freshly shod horse stands on concrete and puts a roll into one toe and not the other??:confused::cool:
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 19:19 #36

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
smitty88 wrote:
Tom were not in this for the money
we are in it for the love of job

7 generations of love for the job
I thought the job was about horses . . .
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 19:30 #37

• tbloomer
  • Master
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
Where do you buy shoes that fit precisely out of the box?
Why not roll your own concave?

How about running your own foundry?

There's a bunch of stuff done by machines that one could engage in as AMATEUR PURSUITS, and then turn around and say if you don't do this you are taking short cuts. Just don't expect me to take that sort of BS seriously. :rolleyes:
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 19:48 #38

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
Alicia what does OCD stand for?
Ant.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 20:13 #39

• tbloomer
  • Master
Anthony_Lawrence wrote:
Oil Conservation Division

http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/ocd/

Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 20:18 #40

• david a hall
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Anthony_Lawrence wrote:

Obsessive compulsive disorder, its not uncommon in farriers :D
If its Osteochondritis then its gona be a short career :)

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 20:23 #41

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
david a hall wrote:
Obsessive compulsive disorder, its not uncommon in farriers :D
Indeed:D

I've always wondered if that phrase is tautological. :confused:
Ant.

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 20:29 #42

• tbloomer
  • Master
Check with the Department of Redundancy Department.
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 22:11 #43

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
tbloomer wrote:
Why not roll your own concave?

How about running your own foundry?

There's a bunch of stuff done by machines that one could engage in as AMATEUR PURSUITS, and then turn around and say if you don't do this you are taking short cuts. Just don't expect me to take that sort of BS seriously. :rolleyes:

Tom,did anyone take it that far? Were talking about having skills to do this job, not the skills to make the products to make the stuff to do this job. You take things to far. If you got a problem with oraganizations and thier theories, go tell them.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 22:15 #44

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Alicia Thompson wrote:

I have to disagree. Machines change with time and wear so in a couple years there will be differences. If you can as you say feel the difference a millimeter can make, then after a while you will need to change t newer shoes made with newer equipment. I'd say Smitty and others could make shoes that are very close in weight, dimension, and mods.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

RE:Kerckhaert 'comfort' shoe how does it compare to the Mustad Equilibrium? 14 Aug 2011 22:17 #45

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
Where do you buy shoes that fit precisely out of the box?

Tack shop sells St Croix lites and Diamond Broncos. 90% of the time I can just nail them on. Shaping might mean closing the shoe or hooking the heels if they're navicular.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

Kunena Birthday Module

• Chris Daniel birthday is today
  • FordWayFarm birthday is today
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is today
  • Alykee07 birthday is in 1 day
  • Anvil375 birthday is in 1 day
  • Martin Kenny birthday is in 1 day
  • mattsherberg43 birthday is in 1 day
  • missjestr birthday is in 1 day
  • Mitch White birthday is in 1 day
  • ravensgate birthday is in 1 day
  • Tim Neal birthday is in 1 day
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 363 days
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 364 days
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 364 days
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.