make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday May 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cytec

RE:Cytec 14 Jul 2006 13:36 #61

• fortunato
Poor Rick - I think Talisman was probably correct - you are scared! Aggression usually masks fear. You don't scare me however as I have heard the same old nonsense from all the same old sorts over here in the UK. Why not just put your mouth on hold for a little while until you actually find out about what you're talking about instead of jumping to the same boring old (incorrect) conclusions. You'd have a great deal more credibility as a professional.

What are 'congative' resources? Or do you mean 'cognitive'?
The topic has been locked.

RE:Cytec 14 Jul 2006 13:39 #62

• fortunato
Just a question for HoustonFarrier. Please can you tell me what research led to the development of rim shoeing? Think very carefully before you answer that one.

RE:Cytec 14 Jul 2006 14:25 #63

• HoustonFarrier
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
fortunato Just a question for HoustonFarrier. Please can you tell me what research led to the development of rim shoeing? Think very carefully before you answer that one.

Not sure what this has to do with me personally wanting to see research papers by a nameless troll, but hey, I'll play today, I'm bored, it's Friday.....

Bye the way, I posted pics of my shoeing work....wonder if you could post some of your work as well????? Are you a farrier? Just wondering, since you chose anonymity in your name....

I guess we better get some clarity though....

DEFINE a rim shoe. Are you classifying the "modern" type shoe we use as a "rim" shoe, vs the Roman style of using a plate, covering the entire foot, held on my clamps and leather?

Steve
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RE:Cytec 14 Jul 2006 15:05 #64

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
fortunato wrote:
Poor Rick - I think Talisman was probably correct - you are scared!
Well there's the problem, its demonstrable that you don't think.
Aggression usually masks fear.
Perhaps. However, in this case, I'm the exception to the rule.
You don't scare me however as I have heard the same old nonsense from all the same old sorts over here in the UK.
ROTFLMAO! What ever makes you think I wanted to or was trying to do that?
Why not just put your mouth on hold for a little while until you actually find out about what you're talking about instead of jumping to the same boring old (incorrect) conclusions.
1. Its not my style
2. It is evident that I do know what I am talking about
3. My conclusions(boring and or old or not) are demonstrably correct.
You'd have a great deal more credibility as a professional.
Demonstrably, it is not I that lack credibility. Care to guess who in this conversation between the two of us does?
What are 'congative' resources? Or do you mean 'cognitive'?
Thanks for pointing that out. My proofreading obviously missed that one. Mea Culpa.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cytec 15 Jul 2006 08:39 #65

• fortunato
Hi HoustonFarrier (that's rather anonymous isn't it?). As I do Cytek I don't think there's much point in posting any pics as you reckon you know all about it and the result would be very predictable! Not that I mind that but I don't see the point in going out to buy a digital camera specially!

Yes I mean the rim shoe as in what is currently in common useage today. The shoe that comes in various widths and thicknesses that is shaped to the rim of the hoof. Just a point of interest, the plate shoe continued long after the Romans and these were nailed on.

Hi Rick - I'm just wondering why you feel the need to hide behind your aggressive persona (as in your chosen motto at the end of all your postings). The pride you take in portraying yourself as such a bad tempered old buzzard suggests you are using that as your shield.

RE:Cytec 15 Jul 2006 13:35 #66

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
fortunato wrote:
Hi HoustonFarrier (that's rather anonymous isn't it?).
Unfortunato(sic)(and double entendre') you lack the ability to read and comprehend. How do I know this? Simple, At the end of each reply, HoustonFarrier signs off with his given name. To wit: Steve.
As I do Cytek
Where shall we send the sympathy cards? We'll need the addresses for both you and your clients.
I don't think there's much point in posting any pics as you reckon you know all about it and the result would be very predictable!
Enlighten us O Cytec Guru. What more do we need to learn or know about the product beyond the facts that it is heavy, unshapeable, has poorly designed and sized nail holes and is a blatent poorly copied imitation/rip off of the NB shoe? Did I mention that because of its fatal flaws, it requires the individual who applies the shoe to either only find horses with feet that are that exact shape or to apply the product to feet that don't conform to its shape and then whack off any non-compliant hoof?

Please jump in at any time to correct any misconceptions or wrong observations I have or have made about this piece of junk masquarading as a worthy orthotic.
Not that I mind that but I don't see the point in going out to buy a digital camera specially!
Right. you can't even provide photographic substantiation. How convenient. The point would be that it would enable others to best understand the virtues of the product and your adherence to the 'Cytec way'.

Has anyone discussed with you the concept of personal accountability and credibility?
Yes I mean the rim shoe as in what is currently in common useage today. The shoe that comes in various widths and thicknesses that is shaped to the rim of the hoof. Just a point of interest, the plate shoe continued long after the Romans and these were nailed on.
Whatever is your point. What you are describing as a rim shoe is merely a bent piece of steel with holes in it, fullered from end to end. Its not a horseshoe until a competent farrier conforms it(as in shapes it) to and for the needs of any individual hoof.

Now I realize that the concept of shaping a shoe to correctly and properly fit a hoof is an alien concept for one of the Cytec persuasion, but you seem to possess a modic-u-m of intelligence, so perhaps you can in fact grasp the concept of shaping vs. not shaping.

As I re-read the description of what you are calling a rim shoe, it occurred to me that you might infact be referring to a shoe that is perimeter fit to the hoof. Since demonstrably, not every shoe is shaped as a perimeter fit shoe(and we are discussing perimeter fit as it pertains to the area from medial toe quarter to lateral toe quarter, right?) which is why, unlike the unshapeable Cyteck foolishness, these shoes are shaped by the farrier to meet the specific needs of any given, individual foot.

Now, I don't know what they teach over where you live and/or apply the Cytec contraption, but here in the good old USA , farriers are taught to shape a shoe to the shape of the inner edge of the white line. You get extra credit(and believe me you need all the credibility you can muster)if you can tell me/us why. Once said shape is accomplished, the shoe is applied , as previously stated, according to the dictates of the individual hoof.
Hi Rick - I'm just wondering why you feel the need to hide behind your aggressive persona (as in your chosen motto at the end of all your postings).
Well HI yourself, Unfortunato(I have twice taken the liberty of refining your nom de plume as in light of current information it seems to suit you better)

I didn't realize I was hiding :eek: Silly me, I thought I was real upfront and honest. Tell me O Cytec Guru, jut what is my true persona and how have you devined this? I'd really like to know.
Perhaps others can chime in and help that poor ****** schmuck out. (the door is Thatway > or Thataway < or Thataway ^ or every which way.
The pride you take in portraying yourself as such a bad tempered old buzzard suggests you are using that as your shield.
"I am what I am and thats all that I am, said Popeye the Sailor man. Tweet tweet."
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cytec 16 Jul 2006 09:41 #67

• fortunato
Hello dear Rick - As I feared it is a pointless exercise discussing the inside out of the Cytek system as whatever you believe is chiselled in stone in your poor old brain. That's fine, but whenever you feel ready, just have a read of the cytekhorse.com.au website and try to set aside all your preconcieved ideas for a little while and look at it with an open mind. Difficult I know but not impossible for anyone who genuinely wants to find out and who doesn't feel threatened by something that questions what they have been brought up to believe as a given. I used to do the same stuff as you so don't need to try to blind me with your version of 'science'.

Re. rim shoes, any traditional shoe whether it is an eggbar, quarter clip, NB is a rim shoe - it does not support the hoof where it needs supporting and just for interest, this type of shoe came into being on purely economic grounds - it was cheap (less metal) so don't run away with the idea that it was 'researched' or developed for the good of the horse! Funny how all the remedial shoes started appearing not long after.

Sorry dear Rick but I just don't feel the need to gain any credibility points from you (and by the way, feel free to alter my name any way you like if it makes you feel better). Re. your persona, my sister works with problem kids and the ones who wear their aggression like a badge (sounds familiar?) are invariably the ones who are the most insecure and feel at odds with the world.

(Perhaps others can chime in and help that poor ****** schmuck out. (the door is Thatway > or Thataway < or Thataway ^ or every which way.)

Call in some chums to help you out if you feel the need. Did you need your chums to help you bully that poor girl on COTH? or did you do it all on your own?

RE:Cytec 16 Jul 2006 10:18 #68

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
all smart comments aside i have never seen to much of this type
of shoe

would like to see some different jobs
horses with different shaped feet

and mabe we can all have a look at what you mean

send on the pics

back your work up
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Cytec 16 Jul 2006 10:59 #69

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
As I feared it is a pointless exercise discussing the inside out of the Cytek system as whatever you believe
Why should someone discuss a plagiarized system of shoeing with you?

...... just have a read of the cytekhorse.com.au website and try to set aside all your preconcieved ideas for a little while and look at it with an open mind.
Why should we got to look at the site, it is a plagiarized system of shoeing.

Difficult I know but not impossible that questionsfor anyone who genuinely wants to find out and who doesn't feel threatened by something what they have been brought up to believe as a given.
Here we go again, another religious zealot- notice the "for anyone who genuinely wants to find out and who doesn't feel threatened by something". Geez:rolleyes:

I used to do the same stuff as you so don't need to try to blind me with your version of 'science'.
After the previous couple of statements, reformed and born again, flag waving and drum beating about a plagerized system one should be ashamed.

Re. rim shoes, any traditional shoe whether it is an eggbar, quarter clip, NB is a rim shoe - it does not support the hoof where it needs supporting and just for interest, this type of shoe came into being on purely economic grounds -
Ok, traction and rotational mechanics were after thoughts I guess.

it was cheap (less metal) so don't run away with the idea that it was 'researched' or developed for the good of the horse! Funny how all the remedial shoes started appearing not long after.
A historian of farriery among us---- yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry dear Rick but I just don't feel the need to gain any credibility points from you (and by the way, feel free to alter my name any way you like if it makes you feel better). Re. your persona, my sister works with problem kids and the ones who wear their aggression like a badge (sounds familiar?) are invariably the ones who are the most insecure and feel at odds with the world
Also another esoteric blatherer.
(Perhaps others can chime in and help that poor ****** schmuck out. (the door is Thatway > or Thataway < or Thataway ^ or every which way.)
Mr. Rick doesn't need help to parlay with a "born again drum beater". Reading your diatribes and formulating my own opines from this and other thread replies shows that you were trying to obscure and hide your real mantra.
Sneaky but not unseen here. Usually given enough rope and threads to reply to, the "Real Essence" of the polemic pontiff will rear their "Converted" head and hang themselves.:p

Call in some chums to help you out if you feel the need. Did you need your chums to help you bully that poor girl on COTH? or did you do it all on your own?
Ha- we "stand alone" together. Currahee!

RE:Cytec 16 Jul 2006 12:19 #70

Tallisman wrote:
Who can tell me using anatomy, bio mechanics and/or scientific reasoning, why cytek shoes are as bad as many vets and farriers are making them out to be? I am a farrier who is open to looking at most shoes and shoeing systems as long as they can show me in the above manner why it would benefit the horse. I must confess that cytek has not convinced me that these shoes are better, but, I must also confess that reading your comments and listening to both vets and farriers discussing these shoes I have not been convinced that they are not better either.
I fully understand the poor quality of shoe, the large nail holes, the high cost, the possible increase in vibration and the fact that you cannot shape the shoes, but really, only one can have an effect on the horse (vibration) and these are not reasons why the shoe is incorrect for the horse.
So I would like just 1 person to explain to me why they are not suitable for the horse and why they have been so widely criticised, surely for something so widely criticised, there would be plenty of factual and scientific evidence or reasoning behind the criticism.

Hi Mr. Talisman,

Perhaps the responses you faced are the result of this ****** and childish hiding behind an internet handle. I for one hate that. Some people participating on these boards, calling us ******, ignorant, arrogant and scared, but do not even have the decency to tell us who they are. WHO they are, not what they do and where. What's wrong with stating your full name and where you're from? What's there to hide?

Having gotten that off my chest (I just keep fighting this battle as long as Rocinante will carry me) I can tell you that your question is a valid one. But it has been answered too by several without you paying too much attention.

Personally I'd take a lot more care in claiming we all are a ****** lot. I personally think, in fact I know that among us we share a combined knowledge and experience unrivalled anywhere else in the world. That's what makes this board great. On the other hand as some might say if you have a right to call us ******, you must be one heck of a shoer! Sofar I have not seen any proof of that though.

Getting back to your question and the answering of that one. As I said your question has been answered several times. Answers that you lightly sweep aside with a gesture resembling a bored teenager being asked to eat her brocolli. No not again! True, sometimes we repeat outselves but that does not change anything on the value of the answers.

Lemme remind you:
The fact that the Cytec shoe is made out of cast iron and not to be shaped in any way, is enough for me to call it a bad type of shoe. What good is that shoe if I can not shape it to fit the ill shaped foot I'm trying to fix with it? What if the great design of the Cytec shoe just won't fit the foot without getting stepped off every third step?

The large nail holes force thoe shoer to only use the shoe on horses with pretty good hoofwalls. What if I want to use the shoe to improve the quality of that hoofwall? Should I use another shoe first to improve the hoofwall and then start using Cytec?

I noticed Patty mentioning that Cytec shoes have thungsten bits in the toe area. I went through their website and the one and foremost point Cytec is making (and a good point to boot!) is that when a foot grows, breakover moves forward. This is counter productive, ideally we want breakover to stay at the most efficient spot during the entire shoeing cycle. One way to get close to that is allowing wear in the toe to compensate the growth. Easier said than done, but that's another matter. The tungsten bits are in full denial of their very own core argument. This does not improve the overall acceptability among professional shoers here.

There is another thing. The website put a lot of emphasis on frog/sole support. I did not see any reason why the Cytec shoe would provide more of that valued support. I agree that ease of breakover helps reduce the 'sagging' effect a shoe may have on a foot but why you need a Cytec shoe for that is beyond me. You can get breakover at the same 'ideal' spot with any shoe without a toeclip.

In my opinion these arguments are good enough to warrant the label cheap rip off.

If your question was trying to persuade us to agree that reducing breakover helps alleviate a lot of the problems mentioned on that Cytec website, you could have been more open. We would not have disagreed. But the mere fact that Cytec uses a 2000 year old argument, reduction of breakover forces as a way to reduce stress to the hoofwall and it's internal structures, does not simply turn Cytec shoes into good shoes. You need more than that. So sorry to disappoint you.

You may have noticed that I did not mention two other arguments. The high costs and the vibration thing. I did not because I personally do not feel those are valid arguments against the Cytec shoes. Are those Cytec shoes expensive anyway? Why if their made out of cast iron? But anyway I'd think the costs of the shoes are pretty unimportant as far as horses well being is concerned. The vibration part did not impress me at all. I don't know if cast iron shoes would cause more vibration or not compared to regular steel shoes. But given the fact that a lot of horses are used in soft footing anyway ánd that a horses foot is very well capable of handling a lot of shock and vibration I don't really see that one as an argument against Cytec. If cast iron gives through or even generates more vibration in the first place.

Ronald Aalders
Attachments:

RE:Cytec 16 Jul 2006 12:44 #71

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
fortunato wrote:
Re. rim shoes, any traditional shoe whether it is an eggbar, quarter clip, NB is a rim shoe -
Unfortunato, you make this too easy. You state that NB is a rim shoe, ie: a traditional shoe. I'm sure that the good folks from NBS will be suprised to hear that! The doofi at Cytec will be even more suprised to hear this because they ripped off the design for thier shoe directly from the NB shoe. No alterations, a blatent, inferior quality rip off. Which, according to you, makes the Cytek (dare I say, shoe)shoe a rim(perimeter fit)shoe and quite traditional. You care to rethink and restate your contentions and position?
Re. your persona, my sister works with problem kids and the ones who wear their aggression like a badge (sounds familiar?) are invariably the ones who are the most insecure and feel at odds with the world.
More than likely, your poor sister took up that line of work because of her long term experience in dealing with you. Are you still being ministered to by her?
Did you need your chums to help you bully that poor girl on COTH? or did you do it all on your own?
Whatever are you blathering about? I'm not a participant, at least not yet, on COTH. Maybe I need to be .
But I digress. Before I offer your vaunted system up as more fodder, I am going to reference/cite two Individuals. Dr. Doug Butler and Dr. James R. Rooney.
I believe even someone as provincial as you has heard of Dr. Butler and his accomplishments, but I suspect you may not have heard of Dr. Rooney.

Dr Rooney is an veterinary equine pathologist and anatomist and renowned author.

To that end:
Dr. Butler in POHII, pp.119; "The sole is noramally arched and can support some wieght. However, its function is primarily protective."
POHII, pp. 130; "The function of the sole is to protect the sensitive parts above it. The sole is not designed to efficiently support weight..."

Dr. Rooney(excerpted from an article he wrote and can be found on his website):

"Sole Pressure and Weight Bearing

It is generally recognized, and my observation, that the initial impact of the bare foot with the surface and the major weight-bearing is on the bearing edge of the hoof wall, including the bars. The imprint of frog and sole on the surface (given that there is sufficient loose material on the surface to permit such an imprint) occurs after impact as the vertical force on the foot approaches maximum at midsupport,

No doubt the frog and sole can share the weight-bearing once the bearing edge of the hoof wall is fully loaded, particularly in marshy, sandy, or sandy loam conditions. Loose material on the surface tends to pile up under the hoof as the bearing edge plows down through it. There certainly can and will be frictional wearing of the sole and frog, under these conditions with compensatory thickening of the cornified epidermis (callus) as a result. Such thickening, however, does not imply that the sole and frog are primary or major weight-bearing structures as sometimes claimed."

Note: I added the underlining to emphasize certain relevant(to this discussion)/salient points.

The discussion will continue on my next reply
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cytec 16 Jul 2006 13:24 #72

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
To continue. From the referenced Cytek site:

Since the start of the shoeing system, some have criticised and conjectured about the system and judge it as a rim shoe.

Cytek is not a rim shoeing system, it is a sole shoe.

To fully understand sole shoeing it is best to take a look at the History
page, after which to fully understand rim shoeing The Problem page and then finally the The Solution page to give both sides of the story.

Cytek Shoeing System Gives :-
1. Reduced Shoeing Cost
2. Prevents Lameness
3. Increased Performance life of the horse
4. Increased Interval Between Shoeing
5. Improves existing ailments

(I wonder if it also heals the sick and raises the dead? Or is that claim reserved by the cult of Strasser?)
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cytec 16 Jul 2006 13:28 #73

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Yet more;
Point 1

The skeleton structure of any animal supports and holds up

the animal.

Point 2
for some reason it didn't copy through :confused:

Point 3

With the unique way the Cytek shoe is fitted, the horse gets to wear it's toe:-

Point 4

By supporting the pedal bone and allowing dirt to press upwards pressurizing the sole, it creates a thicker sole, stopping bruised soles.

The point of break over occurs at the tip of the pedal bone, so no leverage.

The horse always wears out the front of the rim shoe, with the Cytek shoe the horse doesn't have to wear the toe.....it's gone.

As the horse walks over hard ground there is no leverage effect when using Cytek, I'll put it into
human terms:-

The pictures above are that of a horse which has just gone 12 weeks, the pictures to the right are just after it was shod. If you look at the heels, even after 12 weeks the horse still has support.

If the horse is allowed to wear it's toes then the shoe isn't pulled forwards. ie.....

Because your horse doing the trimming, you have a longer time interval between sets, saving money. The horse's break over point is un-altered, so the new growth is constantly in line with the pedal bone so it remains unstressed and stronger.

With the Cytek shoeing system, there is no front wall rasping. The wall is allowed to grow and wear away, so there is no need to damage the front wall by rasping it.

By leaving the outer horny wall untouched, strength is retained in the hoof, the wall is the same thickness all the way up the hoof so why touch it?

Using the Cytek system, the farrier can get the point of break over further back under the horse without damaging the wall. As time goes by the wall re-grows straight without rasping it.

Point 5

The Cytek system, gives full support to the heels.

The sole grows at the bottom of the pedal bone, unless you lower the heels correctly you won't see the end of the sole.

If you don't see where the sole ends at the heels then how can you find the end of the pedal bone?

See the hoof to the right, with the Cytek shoeing system you can afford to lower the heels, to what is know as sole-a-plane (SP).

The sole naturally exfoliates sole horn, up to a point, underneath this flaky sole is a solid sole, which won't readily
fall out unless cut out (SP).

It is at this point the sole is lowered to and no lower, the heel to the left is lowered correctly, notice how much further back the heel comes to when lowered. The heel on the right, well put in human terms...... Stiletto's. A contraction of the tendons collapsed heels and other problems............

By correct lowering of the heels, the horse will stand further underneath its self, thus more weight supporting, in human terms when women wear Stiletto's they have to stand further forwards unbalancing themselves. eg.......

The Benefit:-

Because the heels are now lower and wider, they are now supported by the solid sole-a-plane, you don't get collapsed heels.

Point 7

Now the heels are down, so's the frog. eg.....

The frog is meant to bear weight, by bearing weight it prevents thrush. If you don't use it you lose it! By letting the frog bear weight, it thrives. Why do you need the frog? Blood circulation, shock absorption and brake (Why else would it be wedge shaped?)

Point 8

The Cytek system, drastically reduces concussion to your horses, How?
With the shorter toe the hoof is allowed to land flat on the floor, not heel first.

In conventional rim shoeing, they place pads under the rim shoe to reduce concussion and still land heel first. It doesn't matter what pad you use, if it's not landing right the pad will have little or no effect.

Putting it into human terms, keep your toes straight and without bending them jump forwards. Hard to do? Not only that but you landed heel first. By keeping your toes straight, you moved your point of break over from the ball of your foot to the end of your toes, long toed hoof.

Simply by the hoof landing flat, this greatly reduces the strain on the hoof capsule. The heels land parallel with the toe thus preventing Navicular Syndrome and bruised heels.

Plus

if the hoof doesn't have to go in to orbit with the long toe, it goes further forwards thus it is bio - mechanically more efficient.

Plus

If the hoof is landing flat on the floor you stop forging and over-reaching.

Point 9

The Cytek shoe has the benefit of having two pins in the front of the shoe, which stabilise the point of break over.

With the pins stabilising the break over, the horn is then
allowed to grow in a constant angle without change.

Growth is consistent as the wall is without stress.

The pins also form a straight line to take off from, making it far more stable.

(more to come)
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cytec 16 Jul 2006 13:53 #74

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
And finally:

Point 10

Correct balance, as explained earlier the pedal bone has the entire weight of the horse to support. So you've got to support the pedal bone, makes sense?

The bone is made up mainly of two types of bone, Cancellous and Cortical bone.

Cancellous bone has holes running throughout its mass, why?

Well it lightens the load but gives structural integrity and shock absorbing quality.

The second type of bone is cortical bone, hard, strong weight bearing bone.

The thicker the cortical bone the more weight the horse bears in
that region.

Or put another way, bone grows thickest were
ever greatest weight is placed upon it.

The bone even has a rolled toe, with the toe lifting up. In front of the blue arrows 1/3 of the pedal bone remains, and behind 2/3.

Hence what ever you place upon the hoof has got to mirror the same ratio.

If your horse has the 1/3 - 2/3 support ratio, then the pedal bone is correctly supported, so corns become a thing of the past.

The foot lands flat on the ground greatly reducing concussion preventing navicular syndrome."

Thus ends the propoganda. Though I must add that to get the full flavor of this nonsense you have to see the pictures that accompany this snake oil rhetoric.

Apart from fabricating a blatently inferior ripoff of the NB shoe, Now the Cytek robbers have ripped of the main elements of the Concepts/theory behind the NB shoe, added in a bunch of incorrect or misleading commentary, packedged it up in some pretty Christmas-like wrapping and are now foisting it off on the public. If nothing else, I think Phineas T. Barnum would be proud of this effort.

While there is much to comment on with regard to the Junk Science presented, I think that the comments on sole weight bearing, the preference of flat foot landing over heel first landing, etc. bear special scrutiny.

You will all note that not one word is said about the inability of the installer to custom fit the shoe to each individual foot.

Unfortunato,

Since this is what you claim to be representative, substanitive, ad naseum,
you obvciously and patently lack the knowledge , skill and ability to offer farrier services to anyone.

By the way, you are a member of the WCF aren't you? Do they know what you're promoting and practicing? Probably not, which explains why you hide behind a screen name. Perhaps Simon Curtis or Billy Cruthers, et. al. or any other reputable member of the WCF should be made aware of what you are doing and promoting.

Since Billy will be in my neck of the woods in a few weeks, I think I'll take that opportunity to update him on your shennagians.
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Cytec 16 Jul 2006 13:58 #75

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
fortunato in gray, deletia

As I feared it is a pointless exercise discussing the inside out of the Cytek system as whatever you believe is chiselled in stone in your poor old brain.

You confuse belief with knowledge. Despite your fervent belief, the Cytek "system" is demonstrably indefensible in terms of biophysics.

That's fine, but whenever you feel ready, just have a read of the cytekhorse.com.au website and try to set aside all your preconcieved ideas for a little while and look at it with an open mind.

Been there, done that. In order to accept the many errors contained on the Cytek cult's website, one would have to believe that physical law is no longer in effect.

Difficult I know but not impossible for anyone who genuinely wants to find out and who doesn't feel threatened by something that questions what they have been brought up to believe as a given.

Unfortunately for your argument, physical law is immutable and not dependent on belief.

I used to do the same stuff as you so don't need to try to blind me with your version of 'science'.

Does the scientific method differ Down Under? If not, then even a cursory examination of the Cytek website will reveal it's comprised of wishful thinking in terms of applied science.

Re. rim shoes, any traditional shoe whether it is an eggbar, quarter clip, NB is a rim shoe

Other than in the newspeak of the Cytek cult, a "rim shoe" is any shoe with one side of its ground surface web higher than the other. Examples that come to mind are the old Nature Plate and the many proprietary inner and outer rim shoes used for flat racing, barrel racing, and polo.

Perhaps you have reference to those shoes designed for a more-or-less perimeter fit for non-pathological application - which covers just about every horseshoe on the market, with a few exceptions.

- it does not support the hoof where it needs supporting

The need for support - other than that afforded by the wall - is based on conformation, the existence of certain pathologies, and use. Most shod horses do not need support of the frog and sole in addition to that afforded by the ground during the support phases of movement.

and just for interest, this type of shoe came into being on purely economic grounds - it was cheap (less metal) so don't run away with the idea that it was 'researched' or developed for the good of the horse!

Your statement is in factual error. Despite what your handlers at Cytek may have led you to believe - whether hand forged, drop forged, machine turned, or cast - the cost of Fe or Al is minuscule in comparison to the cost of the energy and labor necessary to fabricate any horseshoe.

Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? If Cytek will lie about one thing, they've established a tendency and will probably lie about something else. :)
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

Kunena Birthday Module

• Blackzmith birthday is today
  • Lisapony birthday is today
  • Mike Langhof birthday is today
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 1 day
  • ShirleyJ birthday is in 364 days
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.