make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 20, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Draft Stocks!?

RE:Draft Stocks!? 06 Mar 2009 02:43 #16

• Jim Sweeney
Bruce, I am sure I do not have near the amount of experience as you working in the stocks. When reading this I thought of the time I got an unruly perch turned and stuck sideways in a pair of stocks, and once when someone was trying to winch a crazed Belgian stallion into the stocks and he flipped them over on himself. I never got hurt but they would have made some priceless videos on youtube. All for what? Probably didn't make enough money trimming them to fill up the gas tank. I know more now, and one of the things I do if I find myself working with stocks is to offer no help to the owner. If they are not capable of safely handling the horse and getting them in the stocks by themselves it is a good indication the horse isn't safe either way. And if there is a problem they probably won't be able to help you out, leaving you entirely responsible for the situation. No thanks.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Draft Stocks!? 06 Mar 2009 12:51 #17

• Ken Norman
Hay Hossboss, So what did you decide. Are we going to see a video ? I have worked on enough Drafts to give them leeway. Now I refer them to the likes of Bruce M. or someone younger who knows the "system", Mark Schneider.
Went with Mark S. to Albany N,Y. area to trim a rescue draft mare who supposedly had Lamineaitis . and was real long Real Bad . Mark picked me up in a Snow/ice/rain storm. took us 2 hours to get there by GPS ( it took us all over the place ) Met the horse who was also blind in her near side eye Met 2 Lady Vets who got the the mare tranqed and mark got her trimmed. It was still a fiasco It took us 2 hours to go home The mares hooves weren't even long . The rads weren't bad either,
The horse owner who rescued her was afraid of her. the barn owner was too. and I'm sure that the farriers gave her a wide berth also. I know Mark charged her a hefty trip charge and got paid well for the trim and we didn't have anything else going on that day............. Stay Safe
Ken
" The smell of a horse is good for the soul of a man "

Ken Norman , CF
Thornwood Farm Equines and Farriery
1696 Warren Switch
West Pawlet Vt. 05775
802-353-0705 cell
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
thornwoodfarmequinesandfarriery.com
President of Vermont...

RE:Draft Stocks!? 06 Mar 2009 12:54 #18

• Ken Norman
horseshoe1 wrote:
Bruce, I am sure I do not have near the amount of experience as you working in the stocks. When reading this I thought of the time I got an unruly perch turned and stuck sideways in a pair of stocks, and once when someone was trying to winch a crazed Belgian stallion into the stocks and he flipped them over on himself. I never got hurt but they would have made some priceless videos on youtube. All for what? Probably didn't make enough money trimming them to fill up the gas tank. I know more now, and one of the things I do if I find myself working with stocks is to offer no help to the owner. If they are not capable of safely handling the horse and getting them in the stocks by themselves it is a good indication the horse isn't safe either way. And if there is a problem they probably won't be able to help you out, leaving you entirely responsible for the situation. No thanks.

Yes Jim I'd given a eye tooth to see that perch sideways. What a picture that would have been. How's the skiing.!!!!! Ken
" The smell of a horse is good for the soul of a man "

Ken Norman , CF
Thornwood Farm Equines and Farriery
1696 Warren Switch
West Pawlet Vt. 05775
802-353-0705 cell
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
thornwoodfarmequinesandfarriery.com
President of Vermont...

RE:Draft Stocks!? 06 Mar 2009 22:20 #19

• Jim Sweeney
Ken Norman wrote:
Yes Jim I'd given a eye tooth to see that perch sideways. What a picture that would have been. How's the skiing.!!!!! Ken

Yeah Ken, it was a total Fiasco. It got even worse when the owner went after the horse with a crowbar to "set him straight". I was'nt smart enough to walk away and spent the better part of the day shoeing him. It was down in Pownal. Skiing is awsome but will take a down turn with the 50 degree weather coming. I ski in a big charity race in two weeks and then done for the year. Maybe get to a hammer-in after that.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:Draft Stocks!? 07 Mar 2009 00:06 #20

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
I remember the first time I worked a belgian in stocks years back.
The stocks were outside and not on level ground.
18 hand gelding who wasn't happy being in the stocks to begin with.
He jerked back once to many times and flipped the stocks over backwards and ended up laying on its side. Horse and all.
The draft was laying quietly and the owner goes to get a chain saw to cut him out. :eek:

I said Whoa !!!!! lets get some wrenches and take it apart. he is being quiet lets do this first.
We got the stocks apart I gave the draft a boot to the belly and upo he came.

Let me tell you that draft from that very day on stood for trimming and shoeing like a perfect gentleman. Never had to do anything to him after that.

TRUE STORY......

I have seen folks release the tail chain before releasing the halter chains and watch the draft pull the stocks over on them. Very scary to say the least.

After todays 47 degree's Jim i wonder if you will be able to ski anywhere in two weeks. I just came home from Stratford/Sharon area.
trimmed a perch and a belgian.

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Draft Stocks!? 09 Mar 2009 00:51 #21

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
I went and hung out with Steve yesterday and we did 2 clydes in his stocks.... NOT something I wanna do on a regular basis. :eek:

It's definately not the "easy way out" :o
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:Draft Stocks!? 09 Mar 2009 01:11 #22

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Bruce you know horses hate to hit the ground! It usually knocks the breath out of them and they have trained themselves. I have known a few farriers in the past that would put soapy water on the concrete floors so that horses had to think about standing and stopped fighting.
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Draft Stocks!? 09 Mar 2009 01:42 #23

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
What did you do to Joey ?

He sounds like he would prefer not to shoe in stocks or was it maybe working on the big guy's ?

I'll bet a silver dollar you both had a really good time though !!!!

Joey, I'll tell you a secret...... (I don't care to shoe tea cup footed quarter horses or thin walled thorobreds.)

Stocks will really give you a pain in your lower back literally !!!
I had one customer who built his stocks up off the ground so I didn't have to bend over so much. Was kinda nice but still not truly comfortable.

I know Gary, It is exactly why when a horse is layed down and sat on he most often will come up with a much better attitude. ;)

If it is done correctly no one gets hurt or abused.

my 2 cents worth ;)
-but-

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Draft Stocks!? 09 Mar 2009 13:43 #24

• HoustonFarrier
  • Very Senior Member
We had a blast ! LOL. We got them both done....and I GUARANTEE they would not have been done without stocks !

Joey did some fine forge work, taught me a few things. We did a rocker toe on one of the drafts, and set the shoe back on the other( I'm still trying to get him "right" from his over-scotch feet he came with).

Bruce...my stocks are the ones that came on a big 12" oak base, so you don't have to bend over as much.....but still, nailing hinds while upside down is a ***** (as Joey found out:p)

Big thanks to Joey...he can come and shoe drafts with me anytime !!!

Steve
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RE:Draft Stocks!? 09 Mar 2009 14:08 #25

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
No problemo Steve, I was happy to come.

Bruce, my point was more than I'd much rather work with them on the ground. I was considering building a pair of stocks, but had never worked in them before. Now that I have, I don't want to build them. :D That and Steve is close enough for me to refer the crazy's to him... (you're welcome Steve, lol)
Joey Aczon

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:Draft Stocks!? 09 Mar 2009 14:12 #26

• HoustonFarrier
  • Very Senior Member
Joey Aczon wrote:
That and Steve is close enough for me to refer the crazy's to him... (you're welcome Steve, lol)

What a pal :p LOL

Steve
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RE:Draft Stocks!? 09 Mar 2009 21:54 #27

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
I still think we should form a drafthorse shoers association.

Share info/learn from each other/ put on clinics etc.....

Anyone interestested ? Steve Gary Joey anyone else ??? Erin ?

I am experienced as I formed the Vermont Farriers Association and was the first President....

my 2 cents worth ;)
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Draft Stocks!? 10 Mar 2009 00:20 #28

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
I dunno Bruce, I certainly don't mind working on the big boys, but I've only got 2 on the book and one of them is mine. I'm not against it, but I'm certainly no "draft farrier".
Joey Aczon

RE:Draft Stocks!? 10 Mar 2009 02:08 #29

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Bruce, I would love to join your group, but my heavies are retired at this point.:( Now if you want to really tackle some problem horses, come play with me and we will shoe Canchasers! On second thought, who needs an Assn with all them barrelracers telling ya how to shoe their horses!:eek::cool:
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Draft Stocks!? 10 Mar 2009 02:14 #30

Bruce, i'll get into that draft shoeing association!

i'm still young and crazy... and under the coast guard insurance!

i also privlaged to work oo well trained drafts.... give me a break its all i know.

let it be known that i am a beginner: I rode with a shoer that worked on a shire cross. He asked me as we left the farm... what size nails would you use and do different? I said a 10 and set the shoe back about a half inch.
he used a 6 and nailed into what I saw as flair. Drafts are different.
Jason Armstrong

"Another thousand horses"

Kunena Birthday Module

• filmbak62F7 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is today
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 1 day
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 1 day
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 2 days
  • milly7i0726 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.