make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday May 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: working on a square horn

RE:working on a square horn 15 Feb 2009 09:31 #16

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Jake Whitman wrote:
See Baron, What could you learn from this young Man??

whats that all about Jake
am i missing somthing
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:working on a square horn 15 Feb 2009 20:46 #17

• BPethick
  • Very Senior Member
dieselfarmer wrote:
my mentor just gave me a Mankel anvil. it has nice really sharp edges but a square horn. how the heck to you work hot shoes on this thing :o

Do you own a 7" angle grinder and a 24 grit Disc?

You can make that square horn round pretty quickly! :D
Bob Pethick CJF AFA #1340
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Only those who have the patience to do things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily...

RE:working on a square horn 16 Feb 2009 01:11 #18

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
I worked off a mankel for a while. No problems with the horn.

RE:working on a square horn 16 Feb 2009 03:07 #19

• Jim Sweeney
BPethick wrote:
Do you own a 7" angle grinder and a 24 grit Disc?

You can make that square horn round pretty quickly! :D

Bob, I was wondering about that after I read the first post. I have only one anvil and it is a 125# Centuar designed by Bruce Daniels that has a flat horn and the tapered boat tail horn on the other. I was thinking about trading out for a 100# Scott to get the round horn and loose 25# in and out of my truck.
I am kind of sentimental about the anvil and would love to convert it over to the rounder style. Have you done it? Do you have any tips? That horn looks like it has plenty of material to spare, I just never seriously considered modifying it.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:working on a square horn 16 Feb 2009 03:15 #20

horseshoe1 wrote:
Bob, I was wondering about that after I read the first post. I have only one anvil and it is a 125# Centuar designed by Bruce Daniels that has a flat horn and the tapered boat tail horn on the other. I was thinking about trading out for a 100# Scott to get the round horn and loose 25# in and out of my truck.
I am kind of sentimental about the anvil and would love to convert it over to the rounder style. Have you done it? Do you have any tips? That horn looks like it has plenty of material to spare, I just never seriously considered modifying it.

jim when you do something like that you take as little metal off as you can to get horn were you would like it to be.its like a fine piece of wood you work it gently.

RE:working on a square horn 16 Feb 2009 03:26 #21

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Use one of those carpenter contour gauges to check your progress. Grind a bit then push the gauge on. It's easier to see what you've done by looking at the gauge.

RE:working on a square horn 16 Feb 2009 06:51 #22

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
I think it would be a shame to change the anvil
go buy just what you want yeah;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:working on a square horn 16 Feb 2009 23:59 #23

• calshoer
  • Guru
To make a shoe on a flat type horn ,all you need to do is move your hammer blow a TINY bit more to the offside of the horn from where you would hit it on a round horn, thats all. As long as you have a little air under the stock where you hit it .it will bend. It's not rocket science. A round surface is a round surface, even if that round surface is placed a little more to the side of the horn.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:working on a square horn 17 Feb 2009 00:06 #24

thank you, i'll keep trying. I am so used to a round horn that it's really throwing me off. I really looking forward to a new anvil
Jason Armstrong

"Another thousand horses"

RE:working on a square horn 17 Feb 2009 00:23 #25

• calshoer
  • Guru
Here play with hitting it here, use your tong hand the same as you would onthe round horn, and youll eventually get the feel. I have had flat horn anvils my whole career ,from school on.
Attachments:
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:working on a square horn 17 Feb 2009 00:29 #26

By the looks of Patty's drawing,

You could just lay your square horn anvil on its side and you would have a round horn. :D
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:working on a square horn 17 Feb 2009 01:02 #27

• Clint Burrell
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Maybe cut the horn off and weld back on sideways.:D

Sorry,:) I have a flat horn Mankle,used for 17 years and still in very good condition.Learn't on a flat horn too(Dad's is an MFC or old Multi-tool) Dad still uses that one. He tried some others and just goes back to that one,Knows every dip in it. If you like a round horn,Buy a good one and keep it forever.If you buy one for the shop, Just find the same one only bigger. Spend what you need to, It won't go bad. Darn things seem to last forever. Good luck.

Clint
Clint Burrell

"You say your from collage,
but you don't seem to bright.
You just brought a swichblade
to a pistol fight"
Move On by Chris Knight

RE:working on a square horn 17 Feb 2009 03:31 #28

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
I used a Mankel for about 15 years too. Is a good anvil. Is all about the way the hammer is swung. Anvil shouldn't matter.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:working on a square horn 17 Feb 2009 07:48 #29

calshoer wrote:
Here play with hitting it here, use your tong hand the same as you would onthe round horn, and youll eventually get the feel. I have had flat horn anvils my whole career ,from school on.
What Position is the tong -hand, ? That would be a good spot to draw some steel out, i think.

RE:working on a square horn 17 Feb 2009 13:44 #30

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
If you've seen the ferrie videos, they actually start turning the branches on the face of the anvil. As long as you don't get chatter marks on the inside of the web you can turn shoes anywhere you want.

When I used the Mankel, I only used the front part of the horn.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Blackzmith birthday is today
  • Lisapony birthday is today
  • Mike Langhof birthday is today
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 1 day
  • ShirleyJ birthday is in 364 days
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.