make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: sigafoose series 1

sigafoose series 1 15 Nov 2008 18:11 #1

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
I glued up 2 pr of these, on 2 tb's, thursday. Both horses are used VERY HARD as fox hunters over rough ground, hunting and hound exercising 5 days a week. Both with shelly hooves with 3-4 rows of nail holes on each foot. With both horses most of the stratum externum is gone and only 2-3 mm of stratum medium left after debridement. The jobs went not too bad and horses are very happy, this morning, with their new feet.

The questions I have are...
when it comes time to reshoe these guys, what is the likelyhood of pulling off any more additional wall when removing the cuff?
could I leave the first cuff in place and glue the next one over it, thereby building a more normal wall thickness?
how well will the original cuff hold nails/clinches?
any remedies for the glue headache? I left my paint respirator on the bench at home, a hour away; won't do that again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:sigafoose series 1 15 Nov 2008 21:32 #2

• Jim Sweeney
If you use a razor knife and just cut the shoe off by cutting the blue bond you can rasp off the glue along with the cuffs, and not risk any damage by pulling it.
I have glued over remnants of the glue and the cuffs and it works fine. I glue on some over hoof repairs. I have also cut off the alum shoe and nailed up a steel shoe through the cuffs if I felt they would help keep things together. I put on some recently with adhere. The fast set makes it a little stressful but I have a system to overcome it and it does not not smell at all. I never thought the Equilox smelled that bad. But the adhere jobs were the best most durable jobs I had ever done.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:sigafoose series 1 15 Nov 2008 21:53 #3

• lonestar
How many weeks do you get whe using adhere ?
Chris Schaeffner

RE:sigafoose series 1 16 Nov 2008 01:40 #4

• Jim Sweeney
The Horses were on six week schedules and at the end of that time the shoe was set as good as the day it was put on with no signs of weakening. I always get a little edge lifting at six weeks with equilox. They were big warmbloods with full turn out and light riding. The only way I find to make it easy was to set the shoe with two heel nails which I pulled later and finished the glue and wrap process on the hoof stand. For me the adhere just sets to fast to do it the conventional method.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:sigafoose series 1 16 Nov 2008 04:38 #5

• Dave Whitaker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Brian,
After you separate the shoe from the cuff with a utility knife, you can usually grab a corner of the cuff on one side and peel in off all the way around the foot. I use my pulloffs. It is designed to release and it leaves a white residue on the hoof wall..... it pulls no hoof off with it.

I don't think that I would glue over the old cuff.......even cleaned up real good, your bond strength would still be dependent on an old 6 week cuff to hoof glue joint.

I would suggest sending Pat Reilly a note and ask his opinion about that....he has used hundreds if not thousands of these shoes. I, personally have not reglued over an old cuff.

Dave

"Everything is for sale......some are just harder to buy than others......"

RE:sigafoose series 1 16 Nov 2008 14:21 #6

Brian I did not take the time to read the replys you have already received. Here is my experience with the same type of issues and what I learned.

When you go back to pull the shoes off it will appear to be doing more damage to the horn and it may look like the hoof wall is crumbling away. Most of this is dry glue. I clean the foot up real good and glue another pair on. The cuff and glue adds a lot of structural strength to the hoof capsule. I did a young paint with very thin hoof walls, that we suspect had an episode of laminitis, could see the capsule distortion and dropped sole. Applied just the series one for three shoeing and now have nailed on shoes. Never applied any frog support. I think the additional support to the hoof capsule prevented more distortion and sinking, helped with the mechanical capsular distortion.

So anyways, you may need to shoe these guys a few times with the series I and then go from their. I do not glue over or nail up on the old cuff. Better to remove it, clean it up good and start new.

Good luck.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:sigafoose series 1 17 Nov 2008 02:53 #7

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
As the guys said, you dont want to glue over the cuff. It will be pretty nasty in 6 weeks. To take the shoes off I use a razor knife to cut the shoe from the cuff about 90% leaving one heel still connected to the cuff. Then I flip the shoe around so that the branch with the heel still attached to the cuff is againt the wall (cuff) then I lever it against the wall and the cuff comes right off around the shoe. its a lot easier and faster than screwing around with the shoe pullers. Hope I explained it well. I've never had wall come off. There is always a layer of glue left on the hoof.

-josh

Kunena Birthday Module

• Chris Daniel birthday is today
  • FordWayFarm birthday is today
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is today
  • Alykee07 birthday is in 1 day
  • Anvil375 birthday is in 1 day
  • Martin Kenny birthday is in 1 day
  • mattsherberg43 birthday is in 1 day
  • missjestr birthday is in 1 day
  • Mitch White birthday is in 1 day
  • ravensgate birthday is in 1 day
  • Tim Neal birthday is in 1 day
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 363 days
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 364 days
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 364 days
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.