make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday May 19, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: wedge pad degrees...

wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 01:05 #1

Hello,
I have a couple of questions...
First, can someone please tell me how many DEGREES the Farrier Pride W1,
W2, and W3 wedge pads raise the hoof angle?
Also, a client has sent me an article about something she wants to try with her horse that tried to cut its foot off with wire. Apparently there is extensive damage to the navicular bone and bursa. I have yet to talk to the vet about it, as I wanted to do some of my own research first, but have been getting regular photo updates on the horse's progress (from casting to now bandage free).
The article suggested success in these types of cases by using FOUR 3-degree wedge pads and reshoeing at 4 week intervals removing one pad at each shoeing so that the horse would be shod normally at the end of 16 weeks. I have no idea how to attach so many pads at once! There is no way the nail will reach the hoof through as many pads as they have pictured. Does anyone have any idea how to do that?
Thanks.....and sorry if the last part should be on a different board.
Abby
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 02:11 #2

• calshoer
  • Guru
There is a way to deal with those without having to nail through all those pads , or even use a shoe. You nail one "double nail" pad (the kind used to attach gaited horse stacks to the foot) straight to the foot as if it were a shoe. (Trace the foot on the pad, cut it out and drill nail holes to put it on ) . Then just screw the additional wedge pads to the bottom of that with short deck screws,(long enough to hold but to not long enough go through the base pad) . Layer them up until you get the height you want.
The horse is not going to be ambulatory if he needs this package anyway, so it doesn't matter is if it's heavy, BUT be sure that you add a couple of tungsten tipped nails to the bottom if he is going to go out on grass or slick concrete.
Its fast, easy , not too expensive way to raise hoof angles enough for tendon laceration injuries or the like.
OR if you like high tech and more expense, use the EDSS with the tall rails and lower the rails over time. . ;)
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 07:19 #3

I have shod horse more than once using Mustad's PG nails and just pads.

On sorish horses after a trim or barefooted ones that went out riding a bit too far just a leather pad shod to the foot without a shie but just tacked on with PG nails will stay on for at least 4 weeks. Enough for the foot to recover. Than afterwards just pull the pad. Easy, fast and cheap.... And it works allowing you to charge anyway.

Ronald Aalders
Attachments:

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 15:30 #4

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Those are some spiffy nails there Ronald. I did a horse like that a few days ago, just nailed a pad on.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 15:44 #5

• calshoer
  • Guru
Ronald .....where do you get those nails? I have to use regular nails when I put a pad to the foot, and try to set the heads in or countersink the holes, which if you set them too far the pad may pull off, and if you dont set them far enough you get this: (BTW this was not my shoeing)
Attachments:
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 16:22 #6

Well, this is all very interesting! Being in Canada, I have never seen 'double nail' pads, since stacks on horses is illegal up here.
I have also never seen those PG nails, and do not see them listed in either of the supplier's price lists that I have. But THOSE are pretty trick!
I will try to attach the picture from the article my client sent me, regarding the 'pad stack' and shoe she is referring to. Then maybe you can tell me how they did it?!
Attachments:

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 16:50 #7

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
Pre-drill all your nail holes with an 1/8" bit rivit package together and use some #7 (or larger) nails.

Otherwise, nail on your first two pads and rasp the nail heads flush with the pads, then nail your shoe and the additional pads to the to the first two pads like the picture Patty showed.

Although personally, I would opt for an EDSS system to keep the weight as low as possible, then you can change the amount of wedge without having to pull the shoe.
Joey Aczon

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 17:01 #8

A good rule of thumb is you get 1 degree of lift for every 1/8th of hight at the heel. So you need two inches of lift at the heels for 16 degrees or 1 1/2 inches to get twelve degrees. You could make a straight bar shoe and screw 1/4 X 3/4 across your bar (like a paten bar shoe) to the height you need and remove a bar each time with out removing your shoe each time. I would put a hard pad with some type of sole support with this method.
[ATTACH]7471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7472[/ATTACH]
Attachments:
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 18:10 #9

• calshoer
  • Guru
That's creative shoe, John. I have also done it with just an aluminum egg bar, a threaded hole in each heel then then bars drilled and bolted across the bottom of back of the shoe . As I reduced the bars over the next few shoeings I just used shorter bolts.

Arkfarrier, it looks like in the article they probably nailed the pad to the foot, then nailed the shoe to the pads, just like on a stacked gaited set up.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 18:52 #10

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
John, I was half expecting to see a solid plate plasma cut to shape and tapped.

I have also done that one with more of a fishtail-type bar, but I wasn't about to try to describe it. I'd reccomend a spider plate under that with some equipack.
Joey Aczon

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 19:33 #11

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
I find the dallmer ,dallric cuff and wedges great as you can screw on what and when you want ...

ray knightley.farrier.

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 20:03 #12

Joey Aczon wrote:
John, I was half expecting to see a solid plate plasma cut to shape and tapped.

If you look close it was plasma cut you know I am lazy that way. I did pull the clips and punch the holes in the fire.:o
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 20:16 #13

calshoer wrote:
Ronald .....where do you get those nails? I have to use regular nails when I put a pad to the foot, and try to set the heads in or countersink the holes, which if you set them too far the pad may pull off, and if you dont set them far enough you get this: (BTW this was not my shoeing)

The nails are especially made for PG shoes. Flat aluminum plates that hold two different types of plastic stars. The flat aluminum plate is nailed to the using PG nails manufactured by Mustad.

It's used in trotting. I used it because it allows me to ease breakover where I like it. Especially on fractured sidebone cases it's a help.

Ronald Aalders

RE:wedge pad degrees... 12 Nov 2008 20:31 #14

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
You can use the edss wedges on most any shoe. Just drill and tap for their screws. This is good if you didn't want to spend the money the whole package.

RE:wedge pad degrees... 13 Nov 2008 00:28 #15

• calshoer
  • Guru
Except you can't buy the EDSS rails unless you also have the instruction video.....as is the same with most of the EDSS componenets except the IM. Once you have the video you can buy any part of the system.
If you already have the rails, and want to use then on other shoes, the little stainless screw is a #10 X 24 machine thread. ;)
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Jan99504 birthday is today
  • milly7i0726 birthday is today
  • spotteddrafter1 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is in 1 day
  • JennieMs3631 birthday is in 364 days
  • jhesse66 birthday is in 364 days
  • Leftys Anvil birthday is in 364 days
  • LucksBFA6 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.