make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday May 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kerckhaert shoe toes

Kerckhaert shoe toes 01 Nov 2008 19:08 #1

I have used Kerckhaert sx-7's and sx-8's as well as a couple draft horse shoes. For the most part they seem to be great shoes and I like the positioning of the nail holes, the shapes, and durability. If you place the shoe (hoof side down)on a level surface and sight under the toe of the shoe, you will notice some space between the level surface and the toe. Several farriers I know including myself typically hammer down the toe of the shoe so that the hoof side fits flat against the hoof. I've even been told it's better to do this of course so that you have a tight fit at the toe against the hoof.

I know these shoes are turned instead of drop forged. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I just wanted to see what other farriers were doing out there because I don't want to really add hammer strokes to my shoe shaping if it's really not necessary. Kerckhaert's website calls it a "specially designed toe" on the sx-8. I'd like some more info.

Thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 01 Nov 2008 19:16 #2

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I guess I never noticed. In the process of fitting the shoe, I have to level it anyway.

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 01 Nov 2008 19:59 #3

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
MLfarrier wrote:
I have used Kerckhaert sx-7's and sx-8's as well as a couple draft horse shoes. For the most part they seem to be great shoes and I like the positioning of the nail holes, the shapes, and durability. If you place the shoe (hoof side down)on a level surface and sight under the toe of the shoe, you will notice some space between the level surface and the toe. Several farriers I know including myself typically hammer down the toe of the shoe so that the hoof side fits flat against the hoof. I've even been told it's better to do this of course so that you have a tight fit at the toe against the hoof.

I know these shoes are turned instead of drop forged. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I just wanted to see what other farriers were doing out there because I don't want to really add hammer strokes to my shoe shaping if it's really not necessary. Kerckhaert's website calls it a "specially designed toe" on the sx-8. I'd like some more info.

Thanks,

I can offer to ask the makers around the 13 december be down to a workshop with them and the farrier they use..ray knightley.

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 01 Nov 2008 20:22 #4

A guess... the turning process compresses the inside web which is why when turning a shoe working the sole pressure out of the footside is so important. I've always viewed keg shoes as blanks that have to be refined with heel checks, medial and lateral branches and seating out of the foot surface. Imo, seating the toe out would not be extra hammer blows but part and parcel to the normal process of shoeing a horse. Unless the machine shoe is seated out by a machine it will be neccasary to do, or if it is any major changes in the radius of the toe will compress the inside web and again require seating the shoe out. I'll hit the whole branch while thinking inside while working the foot side, then when flattening the shoe from the ground side use half faced overlapping blows around the outside of the web. takes about fifteen seconds.
JMO,
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 01 Nov 2008 23:32 #5

• calshoer
  • Guru
I have used a lot of Kerkhart SSP's over the years and always had to hammer in a sole relief around the inside edge of the sole surface. They have a little bit of a twist in the stock so the outer edge does not sit down flat on the foot otherwise.
It's good practice to go around the inner ege of the sole surface, then the outer edge of the ground surface of any plain flat keg shoe anyway, to help level it.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 01 Nov 2008 23:55 #6

I also think there might be a little twist in the stock due to the turning process. The web also appears to be thinner at the toe than further back on the branches. Thanks for the information and the helpful tips.

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 03 Nov 2008 17:25 #7

I'm thinking about picking up kerks as my primary shoe,

What are the ssp's?

Thanks,
Jarred
Jarred Oates
Oates Equine Service's
Farrier-Massage-Aromathearpy-Training

Hocking College Equine Science
(farrier, equine health, and wilderness horsemanship)

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 03 Nov 2008 19:12 #8

• T. Wm. HALL
  • Very Senior Member
Jarred,

SSP's are punched for an E-Head nail and patterned in left and right. These are the only distinguishing features from the SX7's or 8's that I am aware of.

Trevor
Trevor Wm. Hall, CF
Hall's Horseshoeing
Redmond, Oregon U.S.A.
www.Hallshorseshoeing.com

He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. ~Confuscius

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 03 Nov 2008 19:19 #9

Ok thats a new one on me...... Right and Left sides????

Thanks,
Jarred
Jarred Oates
Oates Equine Service's
Farrier-Massage-Aromathearpy-Training

Hocking College Equine Science
(farrier, equine health, and wilderness horsemanship)

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 03 Nov 2008 19:27 #10

• T. Wm. HALL
  • Very Senior Member
Yep!

If you set a pair down, you will notice that the medial branch is elongated just ever so slightly, drawn down through the quarter, and the lateral branch rounder. It is sometimes hard to see to the untrained eye, just remember the number stamp (Size Number) goes on the lateral side. (Outside) Kerkhaert DF's are also made in Lefts and Rights. Werkman shoes as well.

I use mostly Grand Circuit 'Shapers' and Werkman shoes. While my fronts are the same, a lot of the hinds that I use are left and rights. Kerkhaert SX and Standard shoes are not patterned left and right.

Trevor
Trevor Wm. Hall, CF
Hall's Horseshoeing
Redmond, Oregon U.S.A.

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 03 Nov 2008 19:40 #11

• HoustonFarrier
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
That's why I prefer Will Lents shoes.

Steve
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 03 Nov 2008 19:48 #12

• T. Wm. HALL
  • Very Senior Member
Steve,

Yeah, but the smaller end of your horses are a size 2. The larger end of my horses are a size 2. Happy belated birthday BTW, I have been out of town.

Trevor
Trevor Wm. Hall, CF
Hall's Horseshoeing
Redmond, Oregon U.S.A.

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 03 Nov 2008 19:53 #13

• HoustonFarrier
  • Very Senior Member
T. Wm. HALL wrote:
Happy belated birthday BTW, I have been out of town.

Trevor

Thank you !!! 50 down......now the fun begins :p

Steve
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 03 Nov 2008 20:05 #14

Thanks for clearing up the left and right. I saw that myself for the first time at the shoeing supply. They had a sign that said some shoes are left and right. Asked about it and they told me about the stamping. Will have to look at them closer to see the differences I guess.
James Cockrell
I learn every day, most days the horse teaches me.

RE:Kerckhaert shoe toes 03 Nov 2008 22:26 #15

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
DoubleCFarrierService wrote:
Thanks for clearing up the left and right. I saw that myself for the first time at the shoeing supply. They had a sign that said some shoes are left and right. Asked about it and they told me about the stamping. Will have to look at them closer to see the differences I guess.

"Devil is in the Details":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Blackzmith birthday is today
  • Lisapony birthday is today
  • Mike Langhof birthday is today
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 1 day
  • ShirleyJ birthday is in 364 days
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.