make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Perpetual use of adhesives

Perpetual use of adhesives 07 Aug 2008 22:15 #1

I do a few horses that from this spring rainfalls and then severe dryness made the hoof walls shelly/ brittle around the nail holes and bottom of foot. I have used eqilux and vettec. I have even given a bottle of kerretox to one client. The magority of them seem like the nail area will never have suitable hoof wall without using an adhesive of some sort.
Does the glueing create a perpetual cycle of use?
Redd McIntyre
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Perpetual use of adhesives 08 Aug 2008 00:04 #2

Hi Redd

I have run into the same problem here in Maine. As I get better with trimming and shoe fit these problems seem to be going away not all of them but most. I also do more hot fitting and apply hoof sealant I swear this has helped these type of feet a lot. Most important is the trim and shoe fit. Best thing to do is hook up with a veteran farrier. Learn how to make handmades, practice making handmades also learn all you can about trimming and it will help your everyday shoeing. It definitely helped me.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Perpetual use of adhesives 08 Aug 2008 00:51 #3

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Redd- are you just talking about patching up an area of broken wall?

I've thrown some adhesive on spots a couple times. I noticed once the acryllic started to peel off a little moisture would get in their and start tearing up the wall again. Although I don't claim to take much time preparing the foot for the acryllic. I've only ever used it for cosmetic issues.

RE:Perpetual use of adhesives 08 Aug 2008 01:19 #4

hey eric,
The medial hoof wall was chipped away due to lost shoe/rain/ ect rebuilt lower wall say nail high. when it was time for a reset the very outerhoof wall underneath the patch where there should be good wall under the vettec is basically rotten can't hold a clinch unless i uses more glue.:(

Phil, would you be thinking that I have taken the foot back far enough for proper fit; getting me past the "rotten" wall?
Redd McIntyre

RE:Perpetual use of adhesives 08 Aug 2008 01:25 #5

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Redd Mcintyre wrote:
hey eric,
The medial hoof wall was chipped away due to lost shoe/rain/ ect rebuilt lower wall say nail high. when it was time for a reset the very outerhoof wall underneath the patch where there should be good wall under the vettec is basically rotten can't hold a clinch unless i uses more glue.:(

Yeah, that's been my experience. I just figure I don't use it enough and don't prep it enough. Maybe you can try the kevlar stuff.

RE:Perpetual use of adhesives 08 Aug 2008 14:49 #6

Redd Mcintyre wrote:
Phil, would you be thinking that I have taken the foot back far enough for proper fit; getting me past the "rotten" wall?

You have to be careful with that. It depends on the foot. On a good footed horse with a lot of foot it is easy to clean it up and not get in trouble. A weak footed horse, thin walls, thin sole, weak internal structures that could get you into trouble. Yesterday I did a horse that lost both front shoes, he went overdue because the owner could not keep her appointment. Within a day the hoof wall broke away and he was right on the soles and sore, very thin hoof wall and the sole gives to thumb pressure. All I did was shape up the shoes (KH SX-7 with clips), hot fitted (carefully), deep seated the foot side, fit a little wider than the foot, used Raye Steels leather/plastic rim pads and nailed up with 4 1/2 race nails. Very lucky that I could nail him up without a close nail, but they are in solid. Also safed and boxed the shoes and I find the rim pad helps fill in the voids where he might step on the shoe and I think leather against the foot helps reduce bacteria from causing hoof rot between shoeing cycles. This guy is turned out in wet rocky paddocks. Done this before with him and eventually I can get enough foot and use SX-8 and no pads. He rarely looses a shoe, however if he goes over 6 weeks all that length just falls apart. What helped me deal with feet like this is learning from guys that know how to hot fit and forge.

Acrylic and glue on shoes is good stuff and it has it's place in the trade, however I use them as a last resort. I find I am using them less and less to deal with wet environment and poor quality feet.

This is where I agree with guys that the AFA is a good source to learn the basics. Personally I think all these neat ready made shoes, acrylics, glueon shoes we have available today make it too easy for a guy to skip the basics

Hope this helps.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Perpetual use of adhesives 08 Aug 2008 20:36 #7

I agree with Phil. I use patches less and less with better hoof health as a result. Punching extra nail holes and pulling clips where I need them and cleaning all the cruddy hoof out of there generally gets me to good hoof faster. I've found clean and dry applications of glue get me the best results. If the environment the horse is in is questionable, I'll avoid glue.
Amanda Gibson, CF

RE:Perpetual use of adhesives 08 Aug 2008 23:11 #8

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
phil
have you found any difference in the plastic/leather rim versus just plastic rim pads in reference to the bacteria?

Or is this just a personal preference?

I live in a much dryer climate and have not seen any difference here. I have shod horses in several different places that where wet areas and did not notice any difference in the P/L rims vs. plastic rims. But I can't promise I was really paying attention to it very closely.
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:Perpetual use of adhesives 09 Aug 2008 16:30 #9

J.H. shoeing wrote:
phil
have you found any difference in the plastic/leather rim versus just plastic rim pads in reference to the bacteria?

Or is this just a personal preference?

I live in a much dryer climate and have not seen any difference here. I have shod horses in several different places that where wet areas and did not notice any difference in the P/L rims vs. plastic rims. But I can't promise I was really paying attention to it very closely.

Hi Jeff it is probably more a personal preference, I carry both plastic and leather. I have used a lot of both and during the wet seasons see a difference, so when the ground is wet I will go with leather. We have long periods of wet ground, so that might be why I like leather more. The month of June was very dry and I do not think it made any difference between leather and plastic. I have some horses in plastic frog support wedge pads year round and have to give them a break useing leather wedge pads and it does clean things up.

Only been useing Rays P/L rim pads for a couple of years and they are great. The pad does not compress and raise the nail heads and sometimes I can reset them.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

Kunena Birthday Module

• Chris Daniel birthday is today
  • FordWayFarm birthday is today
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is today
  • Alykee07 birthday is in 1 day
  • Anvil375 birthday is in 1 day
  • Martin Kenny birthday is in 1 day
  • mattsherberg43 birthday is in 1 day
  • missjestr birthday is in 1 day
  • Mitch White birthday is in 1 day
  • ravensgate birthday is in 1 day
  • Tim Neal birthday is in 1 day
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 363 days
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 364 days
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 364 days
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.