make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday May 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hoof Stands

Hoof Stands 02 Aug 2008 14:10 #1

I have a NC Tool hoof stand and I like it other than it being so noisy when you rasping on the hoof. I would like to know what kind of stand others use? Hoofjack mostly?
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hoof Stands 03 Aug 2008 17:12 #2

• Bryan McElwee
  • Thank you received: 1
I use the hoofjack. Its light, has a big nice base on it, and doesnt make much noise at all. Plus you can swap and use a cradle if you need to.
Good judgement comes from experience... And a lot of that comes from bad judgement

Annoy a barefooter... SHOE horses!

RE:Hoof Stands 03 Aug 2008 18:04 #3

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Hoofjack is the way to go!

RE:Hoof Stands 03 Aug 2008 22:47 #4

• Jim Sweeney
I use the hoof jack now exclusively for buffing operations. I find when I put a foot on it and really go at it with a rasp dressing the wall it is not rigid enough and the foot seems to be moving around too much. I don't know if anyone else noticed that , a stonewell or Georgia seems better for hoof prep and clinching.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:Hoof Stands 04 Aug 2008 02:52 #5

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
another advantage of the Hoofjack over the metal hoof stands is that when (not if) a horse yanks its foot off the stand and flips it on its side, there is a much smaller chance that the stand will cause any kind of injury to the horse or bystanders (that would be you and the holder)

Hoofjack is the only way to go IMO

Derin

RE:Hoof Stands 04 Aug 2008 13:45 #6

• khfs
I used to use an aluminum one until I switched to the hoofjack. It doesn't make near the amount of racket when a horse tips it over:), plus the added benefit of the cradle.
Kari Hoyer

RE:Hoof Stands 04 Aug 2008 17:39 #7

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
That big of a base can get ya hurt when ya need to get away quickly, at least as clumsey as I am.
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Hoof Stands 24 Aug 2008 14:32 #8

What about those "Hoof-it" stands, anyone tried those?
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com

RE:Hoof Stands 24 Aug 2008 14:58 #9

horseshoe1 wrote:
I use the hoof jack now exclusively for buffing operations. I find when I put a foot on it and really go at it with a rasp dressing the wall it is not rigid enough and the foot seems to be moving around too much. I don't know if anyone else noticed that , a stonewell or Georgia seems better for hoof prep and clinching.

I put a dog 'Kong' toy on top of my hoof jack. Took care of the problem of the hoof moving around, and they are virtually indestructible. My rasp does not take out a chunk every time I graze it.
Shane A. Westman
www.westmanequine.com

You can fix a lot of things, but you just can't fix st upid

i find it interesting that when you get to the very basics, in most situations little has changed.
When you get into specifics we have come a long way.

RE:Hoof Stands 24 Aug 2008 16:45 #10

• T. Wm. HALL
  • Very Senior Member
Howdy,

I just bought one of the 'Hoof-It' foot stands/cradles. It is still on the trial phase and I am not quite sure if I like it yet. It is somewhat clunky, and is taking some getting used to.

I still have too much 'old school' left in me to allow myself to get used to using the cradle feature, but it is sure easier on me when I do.

I attached some magnets onto it to hold my nail nippers, clinchers and finish rasp. If I don't end up liking it, I will probably place it on the 'for sale' section down below....

Have a great day!

Trevor
Trevor Wm. Hall, CF
Hall's Horseshoeing
Redmond, Oregon U.S.A.
www.Hallshorseshoeing.com

He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. ~Confuscius

RE:Hoof Stands 24 Aug 2008 19:21 #11

Trevor, when you get the hang of it you will wonder how you ever shod with out a cradle. I still pull the hoof up for rasping. but triming and nailing I would be lost with out it.I shod 18 yr with out one and been useing one now for about 8 yrs now . one of the better shoeing aids I have made to make shoeing ezer for me.Keep useing it your body will love you for it down the road

RE:Hoof Stands 24 Aug 2008 22:20 #12

• T. Wm. HALL
  • Very Senior Member
Ron,

I used the cradle on a horse that I just got done shoeing. I didn't use it on the fronts, but took some time to use it on the hinds. I cut the clinches, knifed out the feet, nipped and rasped, however I nailed on the shoe without the use of it. Driving the nails while using it weren't a problem, but I couldn't get to my nails to twist them off, so I slipped under and finished nailing.

I did like how it took some pressure off of my back, and just as I have heard prior regarding the use of the cradle, the horse did relax a great deal.

I brought it home and fired up my forge, heated up my iron, and burnt my brand into the plastic base.....I don't stick my brand on anything (Cows, Horses and such) until they are deemed a keeper. I will keep it around for a while. It has my seal of approval thus far.

Have a great night!

Trev.

Trevor Wm. Hall, CF
Hall's Horseshoeing
Redmond, Oregon U.S.A.
www.Hallshorseshoeing.com

He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. ~Confuscius

RE:Hoof Stands 25 Aug 2008 02:15 #13

• Rightstep
I hate the cradle for the fronts but it is my saving grace on hinds. Most of the horses I trim are better behaved with their hind hoof in the cradle and seem to like resting on it.

I have the hoof it...and have been using it for a year and a half. I still wish the cradle was not soo deep and the base was 2-3" shorter for the lowest setting. I will be getting the hoof jack next :) The hoof it has held up well after being run over by a truck twice and kicked more than a few times.

RE:Hoof Stands 25 Aug 2008 13:03 #14

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
I've got two Cliff Carroll stands, one has my trimming tools and one has my finishing tools. I also have a HoofJack and use it with the cradle for hind feet.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Hoof Stands 25 Aug 2008 18:23 #15

• texfarrier
I just bought a hoofjack a week ago and i think i'm going to like it alot i was using just a steel hoof stand with no cradle i made when i started shoeing 5 years ago...some of the older guys around my area talked me into geting a hoofjack they said if they had this when they were my age(25) they probably would not be in the shape they are in now.I see what they mean that cradle keeps those horses who have a hard time keepin their leg in my lap very comfortable and calm...
Austin Russell
"Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• davegreen3358399335 birthday is today
  • J.Ravanelli birthday is today
  • lou_pre-farrier birthday is today
  • Melanie Arabsky Ledger birthday is today
  • melissa1991 birthday is today
  • mmhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • pinklauraloz birthday is today
  • cowboyjl birthday is in 1 day
  • rekawice6E18 birthday is in 1 day
  • tex1788mex birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.