make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday January 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hoofjack

Hoofjack 05 Jul 2008 21:12 #1

I have a European Champion western riding in my book that just turned 25. With increasing age his range of movement decreases. Up to a point where he really is a pain to shoe. I feel a hoofstand/cradle will help him and I want to try it.

The one I like is the hoofjack deal, you know the one with the green plastic base and the cradle. But what size do I need for cases like these? I think I need a mini size, but I'd like to be sure before ordering.

Anyone with experience around that can help me decide?

Ronald Aalders
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hoofjack 05 Jul 2008 21:20 #2

• THamilton
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
The mini size is too small. Just get the regular sized HoofJack and leave the cradle as low as it will go. I RARELY raise it up. You will find that it takes alittle to get used to at first, for you and the horse. But after you have used it for a few head you will like it!

When nailing if yo do not already ahve one, buy a pair of nail nippers and use the magnets to hold it for each nail. It will help you to become more efficent with the HoofJack.

I use the HoofJack for 99% of the horses I do. While some may say that is not "traditional' I reply, "Maybenot but I am not as stiff and sore at the end of each day!"

Good luck!
Tony
"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing" Ralph Waldo Emerson

RE:Hoofjack 05 Jul 2008 22:44 #3

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Hello Ron. I've used the 'regular' sized hoof jack for awhile now and found it to be a useful tool.

I have a few horses that present the same problem you've described.

The regular size hoofjack, with cradle, will lower to 14" (~36 cm).

The mini hoofjack provides a height range of 8" to 12" and I believe will be more suitable in cases as you've described.

While I have not made the purchase yet it has been on my mind to do so. I'll order one this week and evaluate suitability. If you want to wait, I'll share my own experience with the shorter hoofjack to assist in your decision.

Best Regards,

Mark

RE:Hoofjack 06 Jul 2008 01:25 #4

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Ron

The regular size hoof jack is all you need. I use my on every horse I shoe or trim. I have used it on mini's as well as draft size horses with no problems.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:Hoofjack 06 Jul 2008 02:09 #5

I'll vote for standard size also. I do everything from mini's to big draft horses with mine. After a serious knee injury, the hoof jack kept me shoeing.
Norman E. Foley CJF AFA #733
Make haste.... slowly.

RE:Hoofjack 06 Jul 2008 03:23 #6

• jseyffer
The cradle and the post from the standard size will fit in the mini base. The mini cradle is smaller than the standard cradle with a shorter shaft. Same with the post. I have both and besides minis, I will use the mini base and standard post with a few very stiff/old/arthritic horses, especially if they are smaller critters. I have not yet needed the mini base with horse sized critters. I love my HoofJacks.
Jack Seyffer

RE:Hoofjack 06 Jul 2008 05:42 #7

Ronald Aalders wrote:
I have a European Champion western riding in my book that just turned 25. With increasing age his range of movement decreases. Up to a point where he really is a pain to shoe. I feel a hoofstand/cradle will help him and I want to try it.

The one I like is the hoofjack deal, you know the one with the green plastic base and the cradle. But what size do I need for cases like these? I think I need a mini size, but I'd like to be sure before ordering.

Anyone with experience around that can help me decide?

Ronald Aalders
ronald Aalders i have both the reg hoofjack & the mini i use themini jack on myclints horses that have short range movement and it helps them and me at the same time it beets useing the end of your boot.

RE:Hoofjack 06 Jul 2008 09:29 #8

Thanks a lot guys. I've been known to shoe one or two of the sore ones with their toes on a brick. The good ones understand what you're trying to do that way, but others will move.

I was hoping the hoofjack because of the cradle would hold the foot better as I'm sure it will and not encourage the moving around as much as just a brick will.

Another side is that I'm getting to understand those older and stiffer horses better and better. You wonder how come huh? :D

And as I don't have the intention of becoming a traditional shoer, as long as I get done what I want to get done under a horse, after getting used to it the hoofjack may be a help on more horses.

I would seem to me that the 14"/36cm minimum height of the regular hoofjack is ok for starters. If I choose the mini, it may interfere with my getting used to the hoofjack on regular horses as well :rolleyes: And if needed I can buy that one as an extra.

Thanks guys!

Ronald Aalders

RE:Hoofjack 06 Jul 2008 22:37 #9

• THamilton
  • Very Senior Member
You will end up buying two I fear my friend! That way yo never have to change the post and cradle each time you use it. I have three. Two in my trailer and one in Alaska. I have a solid post for finishing the feet on hte Drafts up there.

Ron, if the horse moves, yo will better be able to control it in the cradle. You can use your arm pit and push down, your hand on the back of the foot, your leg/knee as a brace... there are other things that you can do to. These might help you to get started.

Check out Jeffersequine.com Last I checked they were cheaper that you could order them from kevin at Hoof Jack. Don not know how but...

Tony
"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing" Ralph Waldo Emerson

RE:Hoofjack 07 Jul 2008 01:52 #10

• Chris Rusmisel
  • Thank you received: 1
the standard hoofjack is the ticket. I use it on 99% on the horses I work on. I would suggest buying two though. It is a real pain to switch back and forth from post to cradle.

RE:Hoofjack 07 Jul 2008 02:07 #11

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
I use mine on every horse I touch. I use the cradle on hinds that I shoe but not the ones I just trim. After watching Phils video I quit using the cradle for just trimming the hinds, I just put the post in and set the hind foot on that.

RE:Hoofjack 07 Jul 2008 20:55 #12

I ordered two, both the regular and the mini....

Thanks guys.

Ronald Aalders

RE:Hoofjack 07 Jul 2008 22:15 #13

• Brown Bear
  • Contributing Member
Hoofjack
All I can say is back saver best hoof stand out there.:)
Mark Carlone

RE:Hoofjack 08 Jul 2008 02:46 #14

Hi Ronald

Words of caution, as you have always stood to trim or shoe,
with the foot on your knees/lap.
With the cradle you may tend to just bend over,
keeping your legs straighter that usual.
If you do that you will start to experience a sore back
almost as if you were a newbie.

I know you didn’t ask, but that thought crossed my mind
So I thought to mention it.

I know you will enjoy using the cradle/hoof-jack.
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:Hoofjack 08 Jul 2008 19:02 #15

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
I should have posted these photos before you ordered your hoofjacks. The only problem I have with the hoofjacks is that the base is too large when a horse blows up and it is hard to get it out of your way. My stands get shoved out of the way and are just easier for me to use. Good Luck with yours. The little one works really nice on old horses and ponies. The small one is only 13 inches high.
Attachments:
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• brianriggs birthday is today
  • canditemby birthday is today
  • cwlindauer birthday is today
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is today
  • lonestar birthday is today
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is today
  • alminc11 birthday is in 1 day
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 1 day
  • skelemen birthday is in 1 day
  • hoofdoc28 birthday is in 364 days
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is in 364 days
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.